LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Swap first round picks with the Raiders if Harbaugh gets traded there

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
It's a preliminary assessment, but I just see too many similarities between Cooper & Crabtree. Neither seem like amazing athletes, both were extremely productive on great college teams, they have similar size (Crabtree's arms are probably longer; Cooper's a bit faster). Both have had issues with drops...

These guys just seem like they're perfect for the college game.

The speed is the big difference. Cooper is much faster.
Originally posted by Hopper:
The speed is the big difference. Cooper is much faster.

I'm skeptical. He seems like he has pretty average speed to me. We'll see at the combine.
We need to get a lot more than that out of them. The Gruden trade got 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Take them for a big ride.

Raiders at most would give up their 2nd rounder which would probably be #35 overall?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need to get a lot more than that out of them. The Gruden trade got 2 firsts and 2 seconds. Take them for a big ride.

LMAO. This. I doubt we see anything that drastic. But I'd want their first round. Straight up. No swapping. Or better yet the teams can exchange first and second round picks. If they believe Harbaugh is the winner he is perceived to be, do it.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

LMAO. This. I doubt we see anything that drastic. But I'd want their first round. Straight up. No swapping. Or better yet the teams can exchange first and second round picks. If they believe Harbaugh is the winner he is perceived to be, do it.

Not sure the team will get anything but a first round pick would be nice! Getting a top prospect would salve the wound. Imagine getting Leonard Williams and a top WR in the first round. Or...

But I can also see Harbaugh bargaining against draft picks for his release. He may not want to leave so why not play a tough game?
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If that would happen and we had a top 5 pick I'd trade down and pick up some extra 2nd(s) and/or 3rd(s) if the opportunity was there. A 1st next year of course would be even better but we have enough holes that we can use the extra 2nds and 3rds and not go for the home run. Could use any of the following in the first 3 rounds: WR, TE, OL, DL, QB, RB (if no Gore), OLB (if Brooks traded, Skuta/Lemonier gone?)

I wouldn't hate the idea of going for a home run either but the way we use our WR's why bother? Better off trading for a Boldin/Johnson vet for a 4th-6th. Guys like Beckham, Evans, etc would have probably had 200 yards and a td or 2 with us. Probably would have spent half the season on the bench.

Terrible thinking. Get a stud DL. We cant rush for anything.

We can't score points.......
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
1st of all Harbaugh will NOT BE TRADED. Everyone knows he will be fired at the end of the season. No one will give up anything for him. Although Raiders are dumb, but if anything it would be a 3rd or 4th round pick at the most.

And i dont want Cooper. He is average in size and speed. We have 12 of those WRs already. We need a tall player like Evans, Benjamin etc from last season.

What is this obsession with tall WRs? IMO, things like catching and route-running are the most important attributes for a WR. If you're all height and speed, you end up like Stephen Hill and Jon Baldwin. And Cooper is not average speed. If you've seen him play or read scouting reports, you'll also find he plays much bigger than 6-1, with his physicality and leaping ability. The NFL's a bit different than Madden. Bigger and faster does not mean better

Yeah and players like Mike Evans, Kevin Benjamin, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Plaxico Burress, and Randy Moss all turned out bad lol.

As we have seen Kap isn't the most accurate QB so might as well give him a bigger target

That being said I was on the Beckham bandwagon last draft...great route running, hands, and speed. I'd take that too!

I'd like to draft DGB and I think he would be there at our current spot. Tons of upside just needs to get his head on strait.
  • bors
  • Veteran

Out of curiosity who did the raiders draft with those picks

Will never happen. 49ers don't have any real leverage. Harbaugh definitely doesn't want to show up on a team and have them be without a first rounder, especially a primo one. He'll simply refuse the trade and say that he'll just stick with his existing contract and force the 49ers hand.

I'm hoping for a 2nd rounder, expecting a 3rd rounder.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Will never happen. 49ers don't have any real leverage. Harbaugh definitely doesn't want to show up on a team and have them be without a first rounder, especially a primo one. He'll simply refuse the trade and say that he'll just stick with his existing contract and force the 49ers hand.

I'm hoping for a 2nd rounder, expecting a 3rd rounder.

That's why swapping picks maybe the way to go, Phoenix. They may drop down, but they still have a pick.
I doubt we'll get much for Harbaugh. There's very little leverage. If Harbaugh says he's intent on staying our hand is forced. Maybe we can grab a 2nd rounder but when your leverage is hey we can make you wait 2 weeks to hire him there's not much you can get for him.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I doubt we'll get much for Harbaugh. There's very little leverage. If Harbaugh says he's intent on staying our hand is forced. Maybe we can grab a 2nd rounder but when your leverage is hey we can make you wait 2 weeks to hire him there's not much you can get for him.

Agree but if he played hardball there are ways they could make his life miserable. Not sure that would be good for anyone involved though. Their best bet is to work together to find an agreeable solution. Mayb trading a 1st for the niners 2nd.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Agree but if he played hardball there are ways they could make his life miserable. Not sure that would be good for anyone involved though. Their best bet is to work together to find an agreeable solution. Mayb trading a 1st for the niners 2nd.

There's not much we can do. What are you going to bring in a lame duck coach with neither side wanting to business with each other? We wait we stall our own coaching search as well.

Harbaugh has every reason to just want to get fired. His contract is guaranteed, he's not coaching for any new team without a new deal and having multiple suitors helps him out there. What can he miss out on? The once in a lifetime opportunity to coach the Raiders. If we could work together we wouldn't be in this mess.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Raiders at most would give up their 2nd rounder which would probably be #35 overall?

MUCH better than getting nothing for JH.
Share 49ersWebzone