LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 360 users in the forums

Swap first round picks with the Raiders if Harbaugh gets traded there

Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
If this happens we've got to take Leonard Williams. That guy is Cowboy's replacement. Cooper would be a good option too

Leonard Williams by far. Cooper is a very nice prospect but I don't see him like a Julio Jones or AJ Green type at all. Williams is an absolute game-changer and would certainly be the heir to Justin.

Williams is just an absolute beast on a whole other level. Put him in the lineup across from Justin, this DL will be monstrous once more.

That said, there's no way in hell this trade happens, if the 49ers trade Harbaugh, I see a 3rd round pick coming back at best.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM ]
Swapping second, third and fourth rounders would be fair. This way the Raiders don't actually lose any picks, they just drop down to middle of the round.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM ]
I kicked it up a notch in my head and thought what if we swapped our 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Raiders 1st, 2nd and 3rd in return for Harbaugh, Brooks, and Boone.
1. Williams DT
2. Coates WR
3. Johnson RB
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Dec 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by jobiwon:
I'd just keep Harbaugh and threaten to make him sit out a year until someone is willing to trade something decent for him.

Can you explain how the 49ers can make Harbaugh sit out a year?

Oh, don't stop him he is on a roll. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
We can trade harbaugh if the following conditions are met.

1. We swap first round picks with a team that is picking in the top five.
2. We get their 2nd round pick in 2016 or this years 3rd round pick.
3. We have somebody in mind to replace harbaugh and not start a coach search after the trade.

All three conditions are equally important. Harbaugh is a proven commodity. He is worth a high first round pick in exchange for a middle first round pick plus their second or third pick. We should have a clear direction in a head coach before this deal is made. The 49er brass should know what head coach they want and who their coordinators are or at least their style.

My highly opinionated draft needs for 2015 are

QB
DE
CB x2
Offensive Tackle
Offensive Guard/Center

Harbaugh is under contract for one more year, the 49ers don't have to fire him. If the raiders or any other team wants him, they have to pay for him through the draft. The value and leverage is there. I hope he stays. The problem is kap's ability to run this offense. We don't know how much of the playcalling is because of kap. With a different QB roman and harbs might have a different load of plays.
[ Edited by fister30 on Dec 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Truth be told, if we got that high up in the draft, I'm with you on this one. I don't think receiver is the way to go as bad as we need one. Leonard Williams would be the guy. I'd go for a receiver in the second round.

Even though I'm with you on the Leonard Williams pick, how did you come up with that assessment of Amari Cooper?

It's a preliminary assessment, but I just see too many similarities between Cooper & Crabtree. Neither seem like amazing athletes, both were extremely productive on great college teams, they have similar size (Crabtree's arms are probably longer; Cooper's a bit faster). Both have had issues with drops...

These guys just seem like they're perfect for the college game.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Dec 12, 2014 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
If this happens we've got to take Leonard Williams. That guy is Cowboy's replacement. Cooper would be a good option too

Would definitely take Williams if he's available. Guy will be a monster. Receiver can be had later.
Originally posted by genus49:
Would definitely take Williams if he's available. Guy will be a monster. Receiver can be had later.

Dominant DL>>>>WR.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dominant DL>>>>WR.

Agreed...tho if they wanna give us their first rounder outright for Harbs I'll certainly take it :)

Leonard Williams and Kevin White/Jaelen Strong in the first and we back baby. Grab Stefon Diggs in the middle rounds.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
f*ck swapping, if he goes to Oakland I want their pick regardless.

I'm with this. But we all know that will not happen. With that said, I'd want multiple picks swapped. Someone suggested 2nds and 3rd. I prefer the first because if we get our hands on Leonard Williams, whew. The pressure is immediately off of Tank Carradine to be the heir. If he does come on, then we have a great rotation of deep lineman that can create havoc by themselves. I see a return to the 2011 form of our front 7, except it will be better because we have Aaron Lynch in Aldon Smith's role and we still have Aldon Smith :-). I'm with it, plus outright giving us their fourth round pick this year and next year. From Oakland's perspective, this isn't a "bad" deal. They drop down, but keep all picks except two over two years. They get a great head coach that can change the culture of the team and re-energize a fan base. They may miss out on the elite talent, but I'd expect Harbaugh to have a winner in Oakland by 2016 if he were there. Especially considering he has a QB that is ready to go which IMO is the biggest hurdle to turning around any team. We get a shot at some more premier talent with more valuable draft capital. Of course we would need the right coach to replace Harbaugh because they will inherit a team that's in a better position than the one Harbaugh had in 2011.

• Phil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'd prefer to trade away Holmgren.

What do you think of my proposal?

I would prefer to keep Harbaugh. But if he is going, it would give us a great pick. And if you are going to draft that high it has to be a QB, a receiver or a pass rusher.

Finally agree with you on something. I'd go with QB. Create viable competition and send a message. Winston looks like a dangerous pick though, and I'm not big on drafting Nother mobile QB in Mariota. Keep hearing he's a better pocket passer than most mobile QB's. I haven't watched him play a great defense yet.
Originally posted by Phil:

I would prefer to keep Harbaugh. But if he is going, it would give us a great pick. And if you are going to draft that high it has to be a QB, a receiver or a pass rusher.

Finally agree with you on something. I'd go with QB. Create viable competition and send a message. Winston looks like a dangerous pick though, and I'm not big on drafting Nother mobile QB in Mariota. Keep hearing he's a better pocket passer than most mobile QB's. I haven't watched him play a great defense yet.

A quarterback in the first? Even if you think Kap needs a legitimate challenger (and I do believe he does) to his starting job, ou seriously think we need to spend a first round pick on one?
Originally posted by buck:
I am not sure what we could get from trading Harbaugh.

I doubt that we could get a first or second round pick for him.

Maybe a third this year and a fourth next year. Maybe just a third this year.

How long would it take for a trade to happen?

If the team wants to move on, it just might make more sense to make the move, and not waste time waiting for a trade to happen.

I don't think we will get anything. What's our leverage? We're going to fire him anyways give us draft picks.

Harbaugh is going to work out a contract too with his next team.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Phil:

A quarterback in the first? Even if you think Kap needs a legitimate challenger (and I do believe he does) to his starting job, ou seriously think we need to spend a first round pick on one?

This is all theory. It will depend on who is available, what positions have a run on them etc. but if you want a starting calibre QB, you have to get in early. Or be very lucky.
Trade Harbaugh and our second for Oakland's first. Draft Mariota or D Williams with Oakland's pick and K White or J Strong with niner original pick.

If Mariota is gone then Williams would be great on the DL and they look for a young QB to compete with CK later.

White and Strong are both really nice receivers but White will likely be gone. Could always make another trade to move up.
Share 49ersWebzone