LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Shaq Thompson- Weapon, Washington

6'2'' 231 lbs Sacramento, CA

Absolute playmaker at every position he has been put at. He has played RB, Nickelback, Linebacker, and Safety. A creative HC could utilize him on both sides of the ball and keep oppsing teams completely off balance. Call me crazy but his jack of all trades skillset appeals to me and he could be a useful rotational player at several positions. He could replace or rotate with Skuta/Brooks at LB, Cully/Cox at CB, Bethea/Ward at SS, Hyde/Hunter at RB or he could come in for gadget plays in a Percy Harvin role on offense as a receiver. Adding a weapon to help on both sides of the ball would make us drastically more dynamic and less predictable which is what we need.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2217745-washingtons-shaq-thompson-projects-as-2015-nfl-drafts-most-versatile-prospect#articles/2217745-washingtons-shaq-thompson-projects-as-2015-nfl-drafts-most-versatile-prospect
Watched him play at least 15 games in high school and he absolutely destroyed my school but I went to CK MCclatchy so that wasn't a surprise. He's my fav player and if he was on the board when the niners pick i think he's too good to pass up. Also If you look at every individual player he was the Best player in college football this past year
Here's some highlights of him wreaking havoc on HS defenses

[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Dec 11, 2014 at 2:26 PM ]
Love Shaq Thompson but I don't think the jack-of-all-trades routine is going to continue in the NFL. It's too hard to be good at one spot, let alone two.

He'll probably be a good fit as a 4-3 weakside OLB like Lavonte David. Not sure where he'd fit for us.
He was getting 12 yards per carry at RB, so maybe there haha
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Love Shaq Thompson but I don't think the jack-of-all-trades routine is going to continue in the NFL. It's too hard to be good at one spot, let alone two.

He'll probably be a good fit as a 4-3 weakside OLB like Lavonte David. Not sure where he'd fit for us.

Strong Safety maybe?
Absolutely love this kid. SS? Oh hell yeah! Baalke loves versatility so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's high on the board
Good player. Probably a 4-3 Sam or Will. Depends on his weight at the combine and campus workout.
I think this guy is a stud! He is the next kam chancellor the 49ers should take him !
  • All22
  • Veteran
He'll be a great strong safety or linebacker in the right defense. Very much a Seattle-type player. Somewhere between Malcolm Smith and Kam Chancellor.

I've seen him compared to Kam Chancellor. It's hard to not be interested, but we have bigger needs imo
I agree we have bigger needs, but look at Seattle and how young they are on defense is crazy. This coaching change is going to have a impact on offense more than defense. Let's not let Seattle distance themselves too much! shaq would keep us legit for a long time .....
If they dont take a WR at 15, Im hoping they take Shelton. Thatd be a big body to deter "Beast mode".
Now this guy becomes feasible. The question is, where does he play? Is he worth looking at even with Willis, Bowman and Borland looking like the starting 3 at LB?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Now this guy becomes feasible. The question is, where does he play? Is he worth looking at even with Willis, Bowman and Borland looking like the starting 3 at LB?

I just don't see the need for him at LB or Safety right now to bad because he is a stud.
Share 49ersWebzone