This mock is very early so let me know what you think

Rd1- Shaq Thompson-lob,s,cb

Rd2-Alvin Dupree-de

Rd4-Sammie Coates-wr

Rd4-Todd Gurley-rb

Rd5- Josh Shaw-cb

Rd6-Brandon Ivory-dt

Rd7-Jake waters-qb
I think our D is in pretty good shape and that our O is in desperate need. I think that the O line is a disaster area and I think we need a 2nd string QB who could pick it up if Kaepernick went down.

So, not really entirely with you in you choices.
Originally posted by Tslope90:
This mock is very early so let me know what you think

Rd1- Shaq Thompson-lob,s,cb

Rd2-Alvin Dupree-de

Rd4-Sammie Coates-wr

Rd4-Todd Gurley-rb

Rd5- Josh Shaw-cb

Rd6-Brandon Ivory-dt

Rd7-Jake waters-qb
1st - Isn't this guy an OLB. I doubt JH would draft this guy to move him to a secondary already with two first rounders.
2nd - Will not last past the first 20 picks
4th - I cannot believe that you think either one of those guys will last to the forth round. No way that Gurley or Coats last that long.
5th - I like this pike, but could go earlier, but he could go later. But given that story I'm not sure that JH & Co. would draft him. But somebody will.
6th - That would be a sound pick.
7th - We don't need anymore projects at the QB spot. Plus, Waters poses no threat to Kaep. Kaep needs someone to push him; Waters won't do that. Ultimately a wasted pick.

In all, I don't think we spend that many picks on the defense - no more than 2 picks I think.
Coates and Gurley in the 4th round??????
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

They get busted snorting cocaine before the draft?
The only way Coates gets drafted higher is if he blows up the combine, he wasn't even the best receiver on his team this year. As for gurley I believe he falls do to a history of injuries and the fact he mite not be ready to go for the beginning of the season and the fact teams don't value the rb position as a preminium any more. The Shaq Thompson pick the guy can play multiple positions and play them all effectively, it would give our D an advantage as the opposition wouldn't know if he's playing the run, dropping in to coverage or rushing the qb.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
1st - Isn't this guy an OLB. I doubt JH would draft this guy to move him to a secondary already with two first rounders.
2nd - Will not last past the first 20 picks
4th - I cannot believe that you think either one of those guys will last to the forth round. No way that Gurley or Coats last that long.
5th - I like this pike, but could go earlier, but he could go later. But given that story I'm not sure that JH & Co. would draft him. But somebody will.
6th - That would be a sound pick.
7th - We don't need anymore projects at the QB spot. Plus, Waters poses no threat to Kaep. Kaep needs someone to push him; Waters won't do that. Ultimately a wasted pick.

In all, I don't think we spend that many picks on the defense - no more than 2 picks I think.

JH won't be drafting anyone for us anymore.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

They get busted snorting cocaine before the draft?

Off each other at the combine.
Originally posted by Tslope90:
The only way Coates gets drafted higher is if he blows up the combine, he wasn't even the best receiver on his team this year. As for gurley I believe he falls do to a history of injuries and the fact he mite not be ready to go for the beginning of the season and the fact teams don't value the rb position as a preminium any more. The Shaq Thompson pick the guy can play multiple positions and play them all effectively, it would give our D an advantage as the opposition wouldn't know if he's playing the run, dropping in to coverage or rushing the qb.

Coates is a legit deep threat with crazy speed and physicality, in a week draft. He's also going to blow up the combine. Gurley had some injuries, but Marcus Lattimore went in the fourth, and his lower leg damn near fell off. Shaq Thompson won't play OLB for us anywhere near 230, he won't play ahead of Reid or Bethea, and we already have a fast 230lb back named Carlos Hyde.
Share 49ersWebzone