LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Phoenix49ers 2015 Mock Draft v1.0

Oakman is real interesting prospect. some plays, i see him dominate, and others, i see him lost. Calais was around 285 at the time of the draft and is now around 300+. do you see Oakman getting that big? he just seems real lean
I don't know about Oakman. Way much of a project, imho. Not a single DT/DE who is more pro-ready?
Very nice, Phoenix. It's too early to critique needs, since we all know a hell of a lot is going to change with this roster between now and May.

The player selection is great, though.

- Love Kevin White. The temptation is always to say that we need to get faster, more athletic, etc., but the bottom line is we need football players. And Kevin White fits that description. He just makes play after play.

- Oakman is somewhere between Margus Hunt and Calais Campbell. Certainly fits Baalke's mold given his length. A little scary given his inconsistent production, but it'd be tough to pass on a prospect with that kind of ability in the 2nd round.

- I like Tomlinson as OL depth here. We already stand to get help in the way of Brandon Thomas, but this season has shown us the value of quality OL depth.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Very nice, Phoenix. It's too early to critique needs, since we all know a hell of a lot is going to change with this roster between now and May.

The player selection is great, though.

- Love Kevin White. The temptation is always to say that we need to get faster, more athletic, etc., but the bottom line is we need football players. And Kevin White fits that description. He just makes play after play.

- Oakman is somewhere between Margus Hunt and Calais Campbell. Certainly fits Baalke's mold given his length. A little scary given his inconsistent production, but it'd be tough to pass on a prospect with that kind of ability in the 2nd round.

- I like Tomlinson as OL depth here. We already stand to get help in the way of Brandon Thomas, but this season has shown us the value of quality OL depth.

I don't want another May draft! Has this been announced anywhere? The draft belongs in April! Or... tomorrow!!! NOT WAITING FOR MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'd rather not wait until May for the draft)
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I don't want another May draft! Has this been announced anywhere? The draft belongs in April! Or... tomorrow!!! NOT WAITING FOR MAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'd rather not wait until May for the draft)

Haha. I'm with you 100%. It's brutal waiting for it through March and April. I also miss the old setup where it just went the whole weekend instead of the Thursday and Friday night schedule.

Apparently it's going to be April 30th through May 2nd this year.
Share 49ersWebzone