LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

ranking WRs

I was bored so I decided to rank the top receivers who are supposedly entering the draft. These rankings are just my opinion and nothing else.

1.Kvin White 6'3" 210lbs West Virginia
I was split between Cooper from Alabama and White but ultimately I think White is more pro ready in terms of technique and skill set.Reminds me a lot of Larry Fitzgerald.

2.Amari Cooper 6'1' 210lbs Alabama
Like I said before, White and Coopers performances this year have been amazing, but it came down to technique and pro readiness. Plays a lot like Roddy White mainly because he's quicker than fast.

3.Antwan Goodley 5'11'" 220lbs Baylor
Had a disappointing season due to a quad injury and still put up good numbers in the games he didn't miss.Built like a truck and can stretch the field. Shows flashes of a stronger Wes Welker.

4.Devante Parker 6'3" 205lbs Louisville
Missed a few games with an injury but came back as if it had never happened. Quicker than fast with good hands and proved that he wasn't a product of Teddy Bridgewater's play at quarterback. The foot injury is a bit concerning but he looked fine. plays somewhat like josh gordon imo.

5.Dorial Green-Beckham 6'5" 225lbs Oklahoma
Didn't play this year because he got kicked out of Mizzou. Was charged for assault and battery and theft. Talent is there but his head isn't . Apparently he runs a sub 4.4 40yd dash. If so i think he's worth the risk especially if the reward is the next Calvin Johnson.
I don't get too much into the draft (I know its important, but I can't ever bring myself to follow it much or get excited by it) but #5 sounds amazing. If he doesn't get arrested anyways
I would pass on DGB unless we can get him late. I like your list otherwise.

The one guy I'd add is Rashad Greene. Slight of build, but that barely matters given the rules in the modern NFL. He's got great speed, incredibly reliable hands, and he's been tremendously productive.
Love the list and I'd take any one of them. If DGB is there, I'd take him in the first, risk and all. He's exactly what we lack in both size and speed.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

The one guy I'd add is Rashad Greene. Slight of build, but that barely matters given the rules in the modern NFL. He's got great speed, incredibly reliable hands, and he's been tremendously productive.

Yep, extremely underrated
The way the season is heading a top 16 pick isn't out of the cards, DGB should be sitting there

Top 5 pick talent wise.
This is a great list, and I'll be honest, it would be really hard to pass on DGB. I think with the right maneuvering, the 49ers could end up with DGB, Melvin Gordon (his stock has probably dropped), and a top prospect at DE.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

being a noles fan i wanted to include him because he obviously is a top talent. Id give him a second round grade but I've heard his 40 time is a bit slow and i realize that it gets overused when grading a player but to me at least speed is factor. Another reason i didn't put him on this list was this class of WRs is so deep that he gets over shadowed by these guys.
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Dec 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM ]
No Jaelen Strong?
1) Cooper: He's an explosive playmaker whose measurables probably won't be elite, but he's the best. Won't matter though, because he'll be long gone

2) White: Someone compared him to Fitz, and I see some of that. Someone else called him, "a giant Steve Smith," and that one makes a lot of sense to me, too. If we continue to suck, he could be there or close enough for us to get him.

3) Parker: good feet, good speed, great length/hands/high point. He doesn't look completely built yet, and he might be the best in this class in 3-4 years, but he's ready to do some damage right now. Might be there when we pick.

4) Strong: baller. Vise-like hands, great sense of timing/balance/leverage. Aggressive to the ball, aggressive blocking. Not the speed guy we need, but it makes it less scary for Q to get older. Should be there when we pick.

5) DGB: Crazy talent, underdeveloped body. Speed/length/high point all good. Need to see him explode out of breaks and take more interest in blocking, IMO. Has natural power to break tackles, but could be dominant if he moved some iron around. Who the hell knows where he's gonna go?

Stoops/ OU seems pretty convinced Beckham Green is staying in college. If he stays he'll likely be a top 3 pick next year assuming he plays to his abilities. If you're a top 5 pick there's a 10 million dollar difference still on your 1st contract opposed to being middle rounder. I wouldn't project him until he announces that he's coming out. He's an elite talent and if he does come out I don't care how many red flags he has he's worth the gamble.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:38 PM ]
If DGB doesn't come out, I saw we go for Rashad Greene, Sammie Coates, or DeVante Parker. Speed is the order of the day. I would love to get a guy like Strong, but if we have a shot at a deep threat that has immediate starter capability, there's no way we can pass that up.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Stoops/ OU seems pretty convinced Beckham Green is staying in college. If he stays he'll likely be a top 3 pick next year assuming he plays to his abilities. If you're a top 5 pick there's a 10 million dollar difference still on your 1st contract opposed to being middle rounder. I wouldn't project him until he announces that he's coming out. He's an elite talent and if he does come out I don't care how many red flags he has he's worth the gamble.

Good for him if he stays in college but I don't buy the reasoning. If you are going to play in the NFL you need to keep your head screwed on. If he falls this year to mid/late 1st then he's still a year ahead of coming out next year and closer to that big 2nd contract.

I don't think he'll make it there though. That's why he's going to cash in on draft position in 2016. Got marbles rolling round upstairs.
Originally posted by AUniner:
Good for him if he stays in college but I don't buy the reasoning. If you are going to play in the NFL you need to keep your head screwed on. If he falls this year to mid/late 1st then he's still a year ahead of coming out next year and closer to that big 2nd contract.

I don't think he'll make it there though. That's why he's going to cash in on draft position in 2016. Got marbles rolling round upstairs.

There's still money to be made by being a top pick. Signing bonus for the 2nd pick in the draft is 14 mil compared to 5 mil as the 15th pick in the draft. DGB didn't play at all this year so he'd be betting a lot of his draft stock on a combine performance after being inactive all year. The smart bet is to stay in college. We'll see what he does though because he could still go high just based off of 6'6 230.
Originally posted by 49ersJordan:
No Jaelen Strong?

Not a big fan of his. Reminds me of craptree.
Share 49ersWebzone