LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

amari cooper -- a true nfl #1 wr

Oh I love Cooper. I love him so f**king much. Of the prospects the last two years, the only one I liked better was Odell Beckham. I wonder if Cooper drops a bit because of his size (ONLY 6'1! How will he catch anything!?) or combine results (Cooper runs 4.45. OMG he's so slow!). If he falls for whatever reason, I'd be down to trade up a little for him. Heck if the deal's there trade up for him if he doesn't fall! But let's not trade future 1sts away when there will be other receivers available (I'm looking at you Buffalo)
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by xcfan:
don't focus too much on height. there have been plenty of great receivers cooper's height or shorter. sterling sharp was 5-11, and he's a top-3 all time wr (imo).

Not that focused on height, since I graded Beckham a top 10 player last year. But, I simply don't see anything extraordinary about the guy that would make him elite at the next level. Few guys at his height are special in the NFL, and the ones that are have something special going for them.

I completely agree with MadDog on this one. I'm not that blown away with Cooper. I'd much rather have DeVante.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
This should scare everyone on this board . He said that one of the receivers he studies and molds his game after is none other than Michael Crabtree.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365803/article/amari-cooper-of-alabama-favors-49ers-michael-crabtree
Originally posted by sfout:
This should scare everyone on this board . He said that one of the receivers he studies and molds his game after is none other than Michael Crabtree.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000365803/article/amari-cooper-of-alabama-favors-49ers-michael-crabtree

Hahaha. Yeah, no thank you.

2012 Crabtree was a top 10 receiver. Texas Tech Crabtree was one of the greatest receivers in NCAA history. There are worse players to model your game after
Anyone else hear that Cooper is the consensus #1 receiver in the draft? Anyone see him set records in college?

Oh but I guess he likes Michael Crabtree so I'm sure this play was just an accident

Yep nothing to see here

Clearly too small and too slow to be a home run threat.

Yes, 2014 Michael Crabtree clone.

No speed or playmaking ability whatsoever.
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Dec 23, 2014 at 11:40 AM ]
Bumped for idiots
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Bumped for idiots

So I guess I get to call you an idiot because you're calling me one. Great job cherry picking gifs of Cooper, he only comes down with that jump ball because the perfetly positioned DB mistimed his jump, second one is all scheme -- the D was expecting run, I was watching that game live and the DB got caught peeking into the backfield, not hard to catch a wide open ball and keep running, 3rd was against arguably the worst D in the SEC and again it was team TD that he got perfect blocking on.

I told you in the other thread he'll likely be a great player but you won't pick Cooper 1st just to pick a WR, when all is said and done this WR class will likely have a Green/Jones situation where teams will be picking which "elite" player best fits them.

Scroll up, you'll see I've already voiced that I have doubts about Cooper being a "consensus" pick for 1st WR off the board and there is a lot of time between now and draft day. So slow your roll.

Now how about you show a little respect or are you just butt hurt because someone isn't on your favorite player's jock like you are?
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM ]
So I guess I get to call you an idiot because you're calling me one. Great job cherry picking gifs of Cooper, he only comes down with that jump ball because the perfetly positioned DB mistimed his jump, second one is all scheme -- the D was expecting run, I was watching that game live and the DB got caught peeking into the backfield, not hard to catch a wide open ball and keep running, 3rd was against arguably the worst D in the SEC and again it was team TD that he got perfect blocking on.

I told you in the other thread he'll likely be a great player but you won't pick Cooper 1st just to pick a WR, when all is said and done this WR class will likely have a Green/Jones situation where teams will be picking which "elite" player best fits them.

Scroll up, you'll see I've already voiced that I have doubts about Cooper being a "consensus" pick for 1st WR off the board and there is a lot of time between now and draft day. So slow your roll.

Now how about you show a little respect or are you just butt hurt because someone isn't on your favorite player's jock like you are?

In the first one, Cooper shows an amazing level of concentration and athleticism as he jumps up to get the ball. Who cares if the DB misplayed it a bit? The point was to show how the Crabtree comparison is stupid. I don't see Crabs elevating to snatch balls like that.

In the second one Cooper sheds the safety's tackle and then breaks away from the CB. That's exceptional stuff on display there

In the third he turns into another gear and puts on a small move to break away from the whole D for a TD. The blocking was good, but he had to work for that TD. I certainly don't see your average receiver breaking that
So where is he expected to be drafted?

Absent not a #1
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So where is he expected to be drafted?

Top 10, possibly top 5
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Absent not a #1

Wtf?
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Absent not a #1

Wtf?