LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

amari cooper -- a true nfl #1 wr

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Joe Schad (ESPNs National College Football Reporter)

Amari Cooper would like to be clear he does not listen to Taylor Swift. He said Kevin White does.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Julio is a monster! Sure they gave up a lot, but the reason the are so bad is because of injuries. I mean look at their Oline ugh

I don't think Cooper is as good as Julio, but I wouldn't mind drafting a WR in the 1st.....maybe DGB

This team needs something and I don't mean another 4th-6th rd WR.

The reason they are so bad is that their team lacks depth and talent all over their defense.

After so many posters have made threads/posts about who Atlanta could have had instead of one great player in Julio Jones, people still don't get it. Everytime they get another injury or have a hole somewhere on the team, I think about that trade.

And for those that want to talk about what Bill Walsh to gave up Jerry Rice, it wasn't nearly the same. Atlanta gave up five or six picks, including two first rounders to get Julio Jones. The 49ers traded first and second round picks and swapped thirds with New England to get Rice. And we also got Jerry Rice at 16 overall. It's not even as close to the same as the trade for Julio Jones.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Why draft a receiver when you can trade a 7th rounder for another slow possession receiver. Hakeem Nicks for a 7th rounder yo. In regards to Cooper I don't think he's good enough to trade up for. AJ Green, Calvin Johnson if you have the team maybe but Cooper is more of a Roddy White like prospect.

So, you have a problem with these slow possession receivers Trent Baalke has traded for? The only two good receivers based on actual productivity this season? Ok.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Joe Schad (ESPNs National College Football Reporter)

Amari Cooper would like to be clear he does not listen to Taylor Swift. He said Kevin White does.

This raises some major red flags for White and he is now off my draft board. Off the field issues like this are a major no-no
So I guess me buying amaricooper.com a while ago turned out pretty good
I am not as high on Cooper as an NFL receiver as many. Great college WR, but not sure the size/speed/explosiveness combo at around 6' is going to make him elite in the NFL. Don't get me wrong. I think he is a first round grade player, but just like I thought on Clowney, I don't see NFL superstar in the cards.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I am not as high on Cooper as an NFL receiver as many. Great college WR, but not sure the size/speed/explosiveness combo at around 6' is going to make him elite in the NFL. Don't get me wrong. I think he is a first round grade player, but just like I thought on Clowney, I don't see NFL superstar in the cards.

don't focus too much on height. there have been plenty of great receivers cooper's height or shorter. sterling sharp was 5-11, and he's a top-3 all time wr (imo).
we will get him with the Raiders pick from Harbaugh
He's supposed to be a can't miss superstar. I would trade Vernon Davis a 1st and a 2nd for this guy.
All of you guys tripping over Julio draining the Falcons of talent. 1st off We played them in the NFC championship
game 2 years ago. 2nd The Falcons offense isn't the problem, they still score a s**tload of points. They don't have
a defense. It's not like like top 10 defenses grow on trees. If you feel like you're 1 or 2 pieces away then you make
a big move to get the players you need to win the trophy. Everybody thinks they know so much after the fact. We DON'T
have a top wideout which we desperately need and a move like this is needed to get the offense going.
Originally posted by xcfan:
don't focus too much on height. there have been plenty of great receivers cooper's height or shorter. sterling sharp was 5-11, and he's a top-3 all time wr (imo).

Not that focused on height, since I graded Beckham a top 10 player last year. But, I simply don't see anything extraordinary about the guy that would make him elite at the next level. Few guys at his height are special in the NFL, and the ones that are have something special going for them.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
After so many posters have made threads/posts about who Atlanta could have had instead of one great player in Julio Jones, people still don't get it. Everytime they get another injury or have a hole somewhere on the team, I think about that trade.

And for those that want to talk about what Bill Walsh to gave up Jerry Rice, it wasn't nearly the same. Atlanta gave up five or six picks, including two first rounders to get Julio Jones. The 49ers traded first and second round picks and swapped thirds with New England to get Rice. And we also got Jerry Rice at 16 overall. It's not even as close to the same as the trade for Julio Jones.

So, you have a problem with these slow possession receivers Trent Baalke has traded for? The only two good receivers based on actual productivity this season? Ok.

Yeah I do. They're good receivers bad combination. Our passing speaking offense speaks for itself. They're obviously not that productive not that it all falls on them. We all know the line, Kap, VD comes into play there.

This thread is about Cooper so I won't go any further here.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM ]

Gonna take a wild guess that he isn't going to run the 40 at the combine.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Why not?
I would like to see him in a 49ers jersey next year
This guy is legit. All you people on here saying he's slow or Crabtree 2.0 are ridiculous. He's my top receiver in the draft and better than everyone in last years class except Odell Beckham Jr. He's gonna be a great player (I'm guessing for the Raiders)
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Why not?

He's by far the best wide receiver in the draft. He has nothing to lose
Share 49ersWebzone