LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

gotta take a long, hard look at Dak Prescott...

• xcfan
  • Veteran
...the guy is showing mental development as a passer, and that is a very good sign for the future. we need a well-rounded QB to bring in and compete.

Originally posted by xcfan:
...the guy is showing mental development as a passer, and that is a very good sign for the future. we need a well-rounded QB to bring in and compete.

He takes a lot of criticism for accuracy and being a poor, pocket passer.. but in truth, most of that is stuck in people's brains from pre-2014. He has become a much better decision maker.. more accurate.. and has shown better field vision this season. He's more compact.. showing a better ability to evade sacks and run for yards than Kaep. A very tough kid, and I think he is easily worthy of 2nd rd consideration.

I do think that in the games he struggles in, I find myself loathing the game-plan and playcalls. It's like they get scared of some teams well before kick-off.. and shackle themselves with too much RO and conservative garbage. Not enough of letting him drop back and make the intermediate throws. It's puzzling, really.
[ Edited by Mr.Mcgibblets on Dec 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM ]
If we bring in Dan Mullen as OC or HC, it would be very possible to see this kid get drafted to our team.
No we don't. It would be repeating a mistake we made with Kaep. Prescott comes with the same set of skills that aren't exactly working this year.
He's a more personable version of Kap.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
No we don't. It would be repeating a mistake we made with Kaep. Prescott comes with the same set of skills that aren't exactly working this year.

This. No more projects or guys who struggle with their accuracy....etc.
Bump.
Undraftable...at best.
To take Dak Prescott I prefer Stave(another undraftable QB)
Calm down with the spread qbs.
If we seriously do go with a new QB if Kap doesn't improve, I obviously love Goff, but I also like 3 others, Jacoby Brissett of NC State, Gunner Kiel of Cincinnati, and Carson Wentz of North Dakota State.

Originally posted by AB81Rules:
If we seriously do go with a new QB if Kap doesn't improve, I obviously love Goff, but I also like 3 others, Jacoby Brissett of NC State, Gunner Kiel of Cincinnati, and Carson Wentz of North Dakota State.

Paxton Lynch of Memphis is another, but unlikely to come out in this draft.
What about Droughty from Western Kentucky and Dobbs from Tennessee?
Originally posted by communist:
What about Droughty from Western Kentucky and Dobbs from Tennessee?

Doughty is good.
Dobbs is highly inconsistent.Has a very good arm but make very bad decisions
[ Edited by Judge82Dredd on Oct 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Judge82Dredd:
Doughty is good.
Dobbs is highly inconsistent.Has a very good arm but make very bad decisions

Dobbs is so raw but he does a tremendous job improvising and has improved quite a bit. Super smart guy too, studying aeronautical engineering. If a team was willing to let him sit for 2-3 years, he'd be worth a look.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dobbs is so raw but he does a tremendous job improvising and has improved quite a bit. Super smart guy too, studying aeronautical engineering. If a team was willing to let him sit for 2-3 years, he'd be worth a look.

Dobbs is not a junior?
Share 49ersWebzone