LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Mock offseason

I dont believe Gurley will play in the NFL. I could be wrong on this one, but i think he has an insurance policy where if he gets hurt in college and never plays in the NFL he gets something like 10 million.

If this is true, then he would be an idiot to enter the draft. Take your 10 mil and work a normal part time job even and live a normal life with no bills.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I dont believe Gurley will play in the NFL. I could be wrong on this one, but i think he has an insurance policy where if he gets hurt in college and never plays in the NFL he gets something like 10 million.

If this is true, then he would be an idiot to enter the draft. Take your 10 mil and work a normal part time job even and live a normal life with no bills.

Lots of big time prospects have insurance policies. Teddy Bridgewater had one, Lattimore, Marqise Lee, Clowney, Jameis Winston. It's not abnormal. You're crazy if you think he'll never play again and just take the money and run.

Plus $5 million is if he gets hurt and is never able to play again. Not that he doesn't ever play again, only if he's physically unable to. All an insurance company would need is 1 doctor to say he was healthy enough to play and bye-bye $5 million. The other 5 is for lose of value. Which is very hard to collect. He'd only get that if he were projected as lets say a 1st round and went undrafted due to injury. He still may be able to collect some of the $5 million loss of value, but guarantee he won't ever get the $5 million disability insurance.
I don't think we take a RB in the first 3 rounds
Hyde looks to be the future at back with Hunter as a change of pace

Bringing in a rookie with that kind of talent level would create an RBBC which is pointless when we can just spend more $ on that horrible group of guys we call an offensive line.
I saw another mock on here that talked about how we need to address our lines and I agree with it.

We win by controlling the line of scrimmage, we always have and always will with the power run scheme and 3-4 defense

Iupati and Boone will probably be gone next year (hopefully)
That being said I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft a OG 1st.2nd round

This is the kid I've been eying with our first round pick
Vadal Alexander

Carradine doesn't look to be working out, and Smith is 1 year older
That being said I would also want a DE drafted round 1/2

I always hate looking for DE because hardly any colleges run a 3-4 and finding a person to fit a new scheme is tough,
But so far this guys is the leader for me
Shawn Oakman
[ Edited by Quest4six on Dec 2, 2014 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Wilhoite has been dependable and durable. He's worked his way up from the practice squad. I doubt you could draft someone to come in and immediately replace him.

Borland did it..
I think Perrish Cox can be signed to a cap friendly deal, even though I feel we will be drafting a CB with one of our first 4 picks

We wont pay top dollar to retain Crabtree's services , we will have Boldin , Stevie and Patton , and we will be drafting a WR by the 4th round ...no more drafting WR's in the first 2 rounds , they never seem to work out (A.J, Rashaun Woods) ...maybe we will find a WR in free agency

we need to sign Iupati , he still has some productive years left, and I don't see Looney or Kilgore dominating at LG

I don't know about TJE , we might have to draft a DE very early, we need Cowboy's eventual successor , hopefully Tank will be ready for more snaps, and with Dorsey coming back 100 percent, we will have a solid rotation
Share 49ersWebzone