LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Mock offseason

Let's start off with the coaching staff..I'm doing it 2 ways..

We make the playoffs..
HC Jim Harbaugh
OC Gary Kubiak great offensive mind who had Matt Shaub looking like an all pro for years..I honestly think if we make the playoffs and don't win the Super Bowl harbaugh stays but sees roman is the problem..
D stays the same..

We Miss the playoffs
HC Fangio
OC Norv Turner
DC Tomsula

Picking an OC is difficult bc it's either we stay the Stanford root if harbaugh stays and someone gets promoted or we look at Kubiak or hue jackson I read he was angry the niners took kap before he can when he was the coach of Oakland..even Geep Chryst..

If he departs and fangio stays..I think I'd offer it to him and promote tomsula..d stays the same and hire an OC the can run the offense like Norv turner..

Win Super Bowl

Stays the same..
Roman did something right and changed up his s**tty play calling..

Back 100% healthy
Willis
Bowman
Dorsey
Ward
Kilgore
Thomas
Reaser
Acker
Millard
Hunter
Jacobs
Ramsey

Resign
Gore 1yr deal..hard to just let him go..great mentor and still is a good player..
Skuta 2 yr deal..great st player and 3rd string olb..
Culliver 4 yr deal..still young fast athletic who knows the d..I see him getting a little more then Brock's deal..
TJE 2 yr deal..great back up..

Extend/restructure
Smith
Johnson
Davis
McDonald only restructure
Willis restructure
Kap restructure

Gone
IIUPATI
Gabbert
Lloyd
Cox
Celeb
Wilhoite
Crabtree
Cook
Osgood
Ventrone

Cut
Brooks his salary is just to high
J Martin fine a better cheaper replacement
Dahl he sucks

Free agency

Torrey Smith 4 yr deal.maybe this is a wish but he's the exact player we need..SPEED..cheaper then Crabtree..

Draft
Rd 1..traded for a low 2nd and low 4th

Rd 2..RB TODD GURLEY..GEORGIA..maybe I will get abused for this but his injury was nowhere close to either of lattimores..Hyde gore hunter until gurley is ready by week 6..

Rd 2..WR DGB..OKLAHOMA..another 1 you might abuse me over..my thinking with this 1 is..boldin will be in his last year..DGB is 6'6 230..fast with great hands..top 5 pick if not in trouble..I'd take a shot..

Rd 3..QB SEAN MANNION..OREGON STATE..big strong accurately pocket passer..tired of trading for 1st rd bust..

Rd 4..CB MARCUS PETERS..WASHINGTON..dismissed from school fne fighting with the new coaching staff..he will most likely be gone but the site I'm getting my info from has him being drafted in the 4th or later..

Rd 4..ILB.TREY DEPRIEST..BAMA..replacement for wilhoite if he departs..st player and 4th ILB back up..

Rd 5..LT ERIC LEFELD..CINNCINATI..huge kid with upside..

Rd 6..DE FRANK CLARK..MICHIGAN..again a player who dropped bc of his troubles..

Rd 7..I was thinking kicker but none worth drafting unless the kicker from FSU can declare..if that happens I'd use a 4th on him.. Unsure who in the 7th..

Drafted a lot of player with crazy talent but troubles..

Depth chart

Kap Mannion
Hyde gore hunter gurley (on nfi until week 6)
Miller
Vd Millard McDonald
Boldin smith Johnson DGB Ellington Patton
Staley Thomas Kilgore Boone Davis Martin looney lefeld

Jsmith McDonald tank tje Clark
Dorsey Williams dial
Smith lynch skuta lemonier
Willis bowman Borland Depriest
Cully Brock ward dj peters reaser acker
Reid McCray
Bethea ward

Nelson
Lee
Dawson

Unsure what to do with Ramsey..who would he take over for ? Who gets cut if so..

Also it's either McDonald or carrier..I think Millard will be a beast and a definite roster spot.. And it sucks I don't think Patton ever gets his shot with us..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:33 AM ]
Wilhoite has been dependable and durable. He's worked his way up from the practice squad. I doubt you could draft someone to come in and immediately replace him.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Wilhoite has been dependable and durable. He's worked his way up from the practice squad. I doubt you could draft someone to come in and immediately replace him.

I completely agree..but the thing is we won't pay what other teams will..he's a great player who has been seen now...teams will pay for him..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I completely agree..but the thing is we won't pay what other teams will..he's a great player who has been seen now...teams will pay for him..

Disagree, Wilhoite although may be a hard worker, he's just not starting material. Great player by no means, is a liability in coverage, has a hard time disengaging from his blocker.

And is it so hard that a rookie can replace Wilhoite, I mean if you think about it a rookie came in and did just that. Borland has outplayed Wilhoite from his first start. I've seen Borland not only around the ball more, but has also played coverage better too.

With that said, I don't think the 9ers need to take an ILB in this draft, I'd rather see Shane Skov get the reps and be the one to develop. The talent is there, there's a reason he was projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Disagree, Wilhoite although may be a hard worker, he's just not starting material. Great player by no means, is a liability in coverage, has a hard time disengaging from his blocker.

And is it so hard that a rookie can replace Wilhoite, I mean if you think about it a rookie came in and did just that. Borland has outplayed Wilhoite from his first start. I've seen Borland not only around the ball more, but has also played coverage better too.

With that said, I don't think the 9ers need to take an ILB in this draft, I'd rather see Shane Skov get the reps and be the one to develop. The talent is there, there's a reason he was projected as a 2nd-3rd round pick.

Well Wilhoite and TJE are restricted free agents - so we can sign them on the cheap. I envision the 49ers trading both in pre-season similar to how Parys Haralson and Colin Jones were traded. If we can get 6th round draft picks for both, then we increase our cap space and get more late round picks.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Wouldn't e dissappointed if Wilhoit left.

BUT Boreland isn't just some rookie we found - he's outplayed many starters on other teams also.

Agree on Skov.
You're NOT going to get a Cheaper and Better replacement for Martin.

Better - oh yeah!

Cheaper - Probably.

Better and Cheaper - I really don't think so.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Well Wilhoite and TJE are restricted free agents - so we can sign them on the cheap. I envision the 49ers trading both in pre-season similar to how Parys Haralson and Colin Jones were traded. If we can get 6th round draft picks for both, then we increase our cap space and get more late round picks.

Smart move - I like your thinking.
Like what you did with the WR's. Torrey Smith and DGB would be great pickups.

I would keep Wilhoite around because of his experience and he will not be difficult to resign as a RFA. Gore on the other hand, needs to go at some point.

You are right about Marcus Peters. He will be gone in the first round. You definitely took some risks except for Mannion which is good. Good draft overall.
I could get down with this...not sure how I feel about grabbing another injured RB with our 1st pick (I know his injury isn't anything like lattimore's but still)

I am on the DGB bandwagon the talent is too great, not sure if he is going in the draft this yr and I wonder if a 2nd rd pick is to high?

Doubt SF can grab Smith in FA... I would like to see what they have in Patton and Ellington anyway ( Plus they don't spend big money on FA anyway).

One big thing you forgot in your mock off season is who will be coaching next year that's the big ?

No way we let Cox go
Originally posted by matt49er:
No way we let Cox go

We currently need to find our balls and never let go of cox.
Not bad hard to predict the draft this early but dgb and peters are both going in the first. Would also trade/cut vd and let gore walk. It's business vd can't cut it anymore and would rather let go of gore a year early than late. Wilhoite is restricted so he is coming back. But if we get a new coach and fangio goes with Harbaugh and roman we may get a 4-3 coach and all this s**t will be void.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Yeah I´ve mentioned Torrey Smith a few days ago in the Free Agency Section.

Originally posted by lamontb: I hope they find a speedy veteran wr in FA this year.

Originally posted by DeUh: Torrey Smith.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/177678-last-free-agent-stud-signed-49ers/page8/

1. Veteran in his prime

2. He would he give our offense a much needed speed element.

3. Anquan Boldin

"I think the good thing about him is that he''s a guy (who is) real inquisitive. He wants to get better, loves to work. He comes to me all the time and asks questions. He' is like my little brother. He comes to me for a lot of advice both on and off the field."

Smith was PISSED the way Baltimore handled the whole Anquan situation.

Do it Baalke.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Not bad hard to predict the draft this early but dgb and peters are both going in the first. Would also trade/cut vd and let gore walk. It's business vd can't cut it anymore and would rather let go of gore a year early than late. Wilhoite is restricted so he is coming back. But if we get a new coach and fangio goes with Harbaugh and roman we may get a 4-3 coach and all this s**t will be void.

I hope fangio stays..what I'm hearing is if harbaugh is fired fangio and tomsula are candidates..so the d would stay..wish harbaugh would just let roman go..
Share 49ersWebzone