Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Why can't they call plays like 2012? I don't think it all has to be read option plays, but more or less a week to week game plan to who SF is playing.

EX: The packers game, they clearly haven't figured out the read option so run more of those plays....I mean it all just a thought.

Well, good point. I also said why couldn't we just go back to the 2012 playbook ?

I am just curious how are they going to interview the head coach candidates with regards to Kap ? Surely, you can't exactly make sticking with Kap as a condition for the job cos you will never ever be able to get a decent coach that way. Let's face it, 99% of all new head coaches will want their own QB, let alone having to deal with a struggling one. Don't forget, the new head coach will have to worry about his own job security too. If you force him to try to fix and play Kap, you could easily end up with a RG3/Jay Gruden situation.
They tried the 2012 playbook in the first three games of 2013. The result was a 1-2 record. That was enough for the coaches to go back to a power run game.

I'm all for throwing in some of the power running game. I mean they didn't run the pistol all game every game in 2012. But they did make Kap a duel threat which keep the defense on their toes. Now all they have to do is pin their ears back and blow by the weak line.

I mean what happened to the 2 TE sets instead of all of these 3 and 4 WR sets that take time for Kap to go threw his progressions (he has no time to do this).

What I'm saying is why don't they have some type of game plan week to week? If a team struggles against the pistol/read option (Packers) why not use it? Seattle is doing tons of stuff to get Wilson out of the pocket and opening the field creating big lanes for Lynch. They have RB/TE chip blocking and rolling out for easy yards. That's all I'm looking for is easy yards, then let the play makers make plays.

Sorry a little of topic for this thread lol.