LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 402 users in the forums

Way to early mock 11/25

Got the week off of work and threw together a mock draft to kill some time. Hope everyone enjoys it wether it's to pick it apart or to like the players selected. Have a great holiday season webzone.

1. Dorial Green-Beckham WR Oklahoma - off field issues. Hasn't played in a year. May not come out this year. Lots of reasons not to take him but if he doesn't screw up he is a top 10 pick and Aldon could talk to him and hopefully keep him from making the same mistakes he did. I would love the pick because he made playing WR look easy and not many receivers can do that.

2. Arie Kouandjio OG Alabama - was thinking corner here but looking at the corners we have unless we don't resign cully then I can't imagine us going corner high. With ward and Johnson we have 4 good corners (resign cully). So let's go get a new mauling guard to replace Iupati. He's a downgrade as far as a run blocker but a slight upgrade in pass block.

3. Clive Warford TE Miami - Vernon has been bad this season don't know why. Injury or still mad he didn't get payed and McDonald hasn't stepped up and our only receiving threat at TE is carrier. This Warford kid is a inline TE who's got decent speed 4.8 range but he can block and is willing to block.

4. Cedric Reed 3/4 DE Texas - dissapointibg season for Reed has the size but not the skill. With Tank starting to get playing time he will be the DE who rotates next season and Reed comes in to go threw the tank program bulk him up and teach him up.

4. Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska - He might be gone by the 4th round he may not who really knows when RBs will get drafted. He's a change of pace back who can hit a hole and take it yard. Now hopefully we have a new offensive coordinator who would use a speed running back if not this pick should just be another bruising back Melvin Gordon maybe?...

5. Cody Riggs CB Notre Dame - hard not to watch Notre Dame since they are always on TV and when I watch I can't help but notice this corner flying all over the feild. Plays off man very well and with the new emphasis on no contact past 5 yards a player who can play off man can become a premium. Until then put him on STs.

6. Dallas LeWallen OG Wisconsin - load up on offensive line players cause this line needs to start being rebuilt.

7. Scooby Wright LB/ST Ace Arizona - Peobably my favorite player to watch this season. He's got a motor and instinct that you just love but has s**t for measurables he is a total Harbaugh player and would be fantastic on special teams. That is if Harbaugh is still around which I hope he is.

Didn't draft a kicker I think we sign another vet if Dawson retires. Didn't draft a QB but Everett Goldson in the 6th would be interesting.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The Kicker from FSU.. is he ready to come out, or is he only a sophomore??
Priorities should be WR, Guard and TE coming in unless we lose Culliver and then add CB. Looks right on track position wise.
yeah im sure aldon would have some great advice for him lol
Originally posted by 9moon:
The Kicker from FSU.. is he ready to come out, or is he only a sophomore??

Redshirt sophomore, so he's draft eligible. Whether he comes out early, that's another story.
Well if Harbaugh stays I can't imagine him going with an unproven kicker. Akers Dawson then rookie?
I can't see old man Dawson coming back at his salary next year w/ the cap restrictions the team will have. Kicker is a big need IMO.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 25, 2014 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I can't see old man Dawson coming back at his salary next year w/ the cap restrictions the team will have. Kicker is a big need IMO.

I can. This team is dead in the water without a kicker until we shake this offense up with better play calling.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Got the week off of work and threw together a mock draft to kill some time. Hope everyone enjoys it wether it's to pick it apart or to like the players selected. Have a great holiday season webzone.

1. Dorial Green-Beckham WR Oklahoma - off field issues. Hasn't played in a year. May not come out this year. Lots of reasons not to take him but if he doesn't screw up he is a top 10 pick and Aldon could talk to him and hopefully keep him from making the same mistakes he did. I would love the pick because he made playing WR look easy and not many receivers can do that.

2. Arie Kouandjio OG Alabama - was thinking corner here but looking at the corners we have unless we don't resign cully then I can't imagine us going corner high. With ward and Johnson we have 4 good corners (resign cully). So let's go get a new mauling guard to replace Iupati. He's a downgrade as far as a run blocker but a slight upgrade in pass block.

3. Clive Warford TE Miami - Vernon has been bad this season don't know why. Injury or still mad he didn't get payed and McDonald hasn't stepped up and our only receiving threat at TE is carrier. This Warford kid is a inline TE who's got decent speed 4.8 range but he can block and is willing to block.

4. Cedric Reed 3/4 DE Texas - dissapointibg season for Reed has the size but not the skill. With Tank starting to get playing time he will be the DE who rotates next season and Reed comes in to go threw the tank program bulk him up and teach him up.

4. Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska - He might be gone by the 4th round he may not who really knows when RBs will get drafted. He's a change of pace back who can hit a hole and take it yard. Now hopefully we have a new offensive coordinator who would use a speed running back if not this pick should just be another bruising back Melvin Gordon maybe?...

5. Cody Riggs CB Notre Dame - hard not to watch Notre Dame since they are always on TV and when I watch I can't help but notice this corner flying all over the feild. Plays off man very well and with the new emphasis on no contact past 5 yards a player who can play off man can become a premium. Until then put him on STs.

6. Dallas LeWallen OG Wisconsin - load up on offensive line players cause this line needs to start being rebuilt.

7. Scooby Wright LB/ST Ace Arizona - Peobably my favorite player to watch this season. He's got a motor and instinct that you just love but has s**t for measurables he is a total Harbaugh player and would be fantastic on special teams. That is if Harbaugh is still around which I hope he is.

Didn't draft a kicker I think we sign another vet if Dawson retires. Didn't draft a QB but Everett Goldson in the 6th would be interesting.

With DGB, we essentially get Josh Gordon and a little bit of Ray Rice . I'm hoping he does have his act together, because if he does, he would be a great pick. He certainly would benefit from being around a pro like Anquan Boldin. With that said, I do believe there are some other very good receivers that will be available at that spot. I just can't see the 49ers taking that risk with a first round pick. Between Jalen Strong, Amari Cooper, Rashad Greene, and DeVante Parker among others, one of them should be available when we pick.

I agree that we need to address to O-line, but I think we are prepared to absorb the loss of Mike Iupati. Between Daniel Kilgore, Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, and Alex Boone, I think we have the interior of the line covered as well as having adequate backups. It is at this point, I believe the team should take the best RB available, which could likely be one of the top four backs in the draft the way they are passed over now.

I love Clive Walford in the third and I do believe we need to address the TE position regardless of whether or not Vernon Davis shakes it off. His deal is up after 2015 and although I do believe McDonald should be given more opportunities, we need a guy that can be a reliable pass catcher at the position right now. Kap needs a safety blanket not named Anquan Boldin.

I doubt Ameer Abdullah falls to the 4th, but if he does, it's a steal. I think the team will pick up a safety somewhere because I don't expect Craig Dahl to be on the team next season.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Nov 25, 2014 at 10:09 PM ]
I don't think Abdullah makes it past the 2nd round and Riggs won't make it past the 3rd round. The rest of the picks look pretty good In terms of value, but may be overkill on the offensive line. We still have Brandon Thomas waiting in the wings for one of the OG spots and he has already started practicing as of this week. I'm thinking the Niners double up at the WR position rather than the offensive line.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 25, 2014 at 10:32 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I can. This team is dead in the water without a kicker until we shake this offense up with better play calling.

With DGB, we essentially get Josh Gordon and a little bit of Ray Rice . I'm hoping he does have his act together, because if he does, he would be a great pick. He certainly would benefit from being around a pro like Anquan Boldin. With that said, I do believe there are some other very good receivers that will be available at that spot. I just can't see the 49ers taking that risk with a first round pick. Between Jalen Strong, Amari Cooper, Rashad Greene, and DeVante Parker among others, one of them should be available when we pick.

I agree that we need to address to O-line, but I think we are prepared to absorb the loss of Mike Iupati. Between Daniel Kilgore, Brandon Thomas, Marcus Martin, Joe Looney, and Alex Boone, I think we have the interior of the line covered as well as having adequate backups. It is at this point, I believe the team should take the best RB available, which could likely be one of the top four backs in the draft the way they are passed over now.

I love Clive Walford in the third and I do believe we need to address the TE position regardless of whether or not Vernon Davis shakes it off. His deal is up after 2015 and although I do believe McDonald should be given more opportunities, we need a guy that can be a reliable pass catcher at the position right now. Kap needs a safety blanket not named Anquan Boldin.

I doubt Ameer Abdullah falls to the 4th, but if he does, it's a steal. I think the team will pick up a safety somewhere because I don't expect Craig Dahl to be on the team next season.

The Niners may not need to risk a first-round pick on DGB. He may be around in the 2nd or even 3rd. But he's easily worth a 1st.

I get that he's a risk, but those other WRs you mentioned simply aren't in DGB's class. And I wouldn't put a sad face around getting Josh Gordon eve with the suspensions. A superstar who's getting suspended a lot is better than a mediocre WR in the 2nd round. As much as Kaepernick likes to just throw it up there regardless of whether his guy's open, he needs a WR like DGB. Other than Megatron, I can't think of a WR I'd rather have on a fade.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

The Niners may not need to risk a first-round pick on DGB. He may be around in the 2nd or even 3rd. But he's easily worth a 1st.

I get that he's a risk, but those other WRs you mentioned simply aren't in DGB's class. And I wouldn't put a sad face around getting Josh Gordon eve with the suspensions. A superstar who's getting suspended a lot is better than a mediocre WR in the 2nd round. As much as Kaepernick likes to just throw it up there regardless of whether his guy's open, he needs a WR like DGB. Other than Megatron, I can't think of a WR I'd rather have on a fade.

You really can't predict what a guy will do and I agree DGB is better that every receiver I named. I'd just really like to avoid the headache. The good news is that for the immediate future, if he were to be drafted by the 49ers, we wouldn't be overly reliant on him in 2015 since we'd have Anquan Boldin and Stevie Johnson as starters and adequate depth with Quinton Patton and Bruce Ellington. If we go that route, I hope we take another receiver later as insurance.

And fade routes give me PTSD lol.
I agree fully on us grabbing a safety and Josh Shaw from USC could go completely undrafted and we could sign him and see what happens. If we don't get Abdullah I would not complain at grabbing Dee Hart from CSU in the 7th.
As far as avoiding headaches there are players who have red flags in college and go to the pros and u never hear anything about them and it goes the other way where once they get a pay check they start being a headache. Comparing DGB to Ray Rice is not fair. But I'm not saying he will be a Calvin Johnson character kinda guy let's just hope he isn't like Justin Blackmon even if he isn't playing for us because he is such a talent would be a shame to see it wasted.
I think Riggs will drop in the draft due to his size. He is listed at 5'9" and I'm guessing the team is exagerating his size he will probably come in at 5'8" which is very possible it scares the niners away also. But if we lose Cox then our only nickle corner is Ward unless we bump Brock into nickle and have Johnson play outside. Which I actually like the idea of that... Reminds me of when Rogers and Brown would start in base and in nickle Rogers covers slot and cully would play outside.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
As far as avoiding headaches there are players who have red flags in college and go to the pros and u never hear anything about them and it goes the other way where once they get a pay check they start being a headache. Comparing DGB to Ray Rice is not fair. But I'm not saying he will be a Calvin Johnson character kinda guy let's just hope he isn't like Justin Blackmon even if he isn't playing for us because he is such a talent would be a shame to see it wasted.

I only threw in the Ray Rice comment because of the issue involving pushing a woman. But you are right, it's not close to the same. My overall point is that, the kid has some issues and I'm a bit nervous about taking any of that on. With that said, he will have some good influences on the team, if only for one season. Particularly Anquan Boldin. Realistically, Baalke can get arguably the best receiver in the draft if DGB falls, the best RB (take your pick of Gordon or Gurley) and one of the best TEs (Warford) without having to use a first round pick on any one of them.
Share 49ersWebzone