LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Dr. Gurley and Mr. Hyde

Watching Gurley tear his ACL the first thing i thought was the 49ers. Considering how deep this draft is at runningback with Duke and Yeldon and the rest, Gurley might be available in the late 2nd, maybe even early 3rd. I don't know about you guys, but I would love to see the niners take him with an extra 3rd, a 2nd might be too much. I know the Lattimore situation didn't turn out like all parties hoped, but Gurley's situation isn't as risky.

Gurley would maybe just miss half of the 2015 season. Imagining a backfield with him and Hyde is plain scary.

I literally wrote the same thing in the other gurley thread..I'd draft him with our 2nd..definitely..him and Hyde would be our future for years and like you said in no way is it as risky as lattimors injury..I alwso said I'd sign gore to a 1 yr deal next yr..cut hunter..gore Hyde gurley..gurley doesn't get rushed into the games if so..he is a top 5-10 talent before this injury..if we can get him in the 60s..I'd take him.. Plus I also said.. Draft picks are very very important to teams so not many will risk a 2nd..definitely not a 1st on him..we can..!
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Major Knee Injury!!!!! 49er!

I don't know about anyone else but I find the best goods to be the damaged ones
How about no

SF doesn't have 12 draft picks to play around with (this time) and how many ACL tear draft picks have panned out so far???
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Why a new thread ?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/168436-premature-todd-gurley-thread/page4/

[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 17, 2014 at 12:34 PM ]
Easley (Patriots) and Tank seem to be at 100%.
Wasn't Gore almost done when he came out of college?

Gurley could be healthy by july I think. 6 months is the usual recovery time of this injury, isnt it?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
How about no

SF doesn't have 12 draft picks to play around with (this time) and how many ACL tear draft picks have panned out so far???

Gore
McDonald
Tank just had a good game

We haven't really drafted that many before this season, and it's unreasonable to expect a 2014 draft pick with a bum ACL to produce already.

ACLs aren't as big of a deal as they used to be. Lattimore's knee was raw hamburger (that's what his surgeon said). That's different.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Why a new thread ?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/168436-premature-todd-gurley-thread/page4/

Yeah I saw the thread after I posted it. I skimmed through the board before posting it and didn't see anything titled Todd Gurley... the "premature" must've thrown me off .. it wasn't till after that I noticed it... my bad
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
How about no

Gore
McDonald
Tank just had a good game

We haven't really drafted that many before this season, and it's unreasonable to expect a 2014 draft pick with a bum ACL to produce already.

ACLs aren't as big of a deal as they used to be. Lattimore's knee was raw hamburger (that's what his surgeon said). That's different.

Tank played in basically his 1st game (1 yr and a 1/2) ....SF doesn't have the usual 10 + draft picks to take a chance on another injured player and we will have Hunter, Hyde and I'm guessing Gore resigns in the off season.

I mean he was a great player and if he checks out as healthy then maybe, but I would prefer some impact players that we KNOW will be at training camp.

Plus there is a ton of RBs in this upcoming draft....
Lynch doesn't look like he's playing for the Seahawks next year, so I could see them moving up in the second to ensure that they get him

Originally posted by jersey49er:
I literally wrote the same thing in the other gurley thread..I'd draft him with our 2nd..definitely..him and Hyde would be our future for years and like you said in no way is it as risky as lattimors injury..I alwso said I'd sign gore to a 1 yr deal next yr..cut hunter..gore Hyde gurley..gurley doesn't get rushed into the games if so..he is a top 5-10 talent before this injury..if we can get him in the 60s..I'd take him.. Plus I also said.. Draft picks are very very important to teams so not many will risk a 2nd..definitely not a 1st on him..we can..!

Agree with you completely man.

With the possibility of Crabs leaving, and having really young receivers, it would be vital to have a strong running game. Gurley and Hyde would be just that.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Geeked:
Major Knee Injury!!!!! 49er!

I don't know about anyone else but I find the best goods to be the damaged ones

Yes Marcus Lattimore turned out great for us
No more up right runners who expose themselves to injury
How about no

I get wat ur saying but if we let crabs n IIUPATI go that's a3rd n 4th rd cp pick.. Plus 2 picks in th 7 th..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
I get wat ur saying but if we let crabs n IIUPATI go that's a3rd n 4th rd cp pick.. Plus 2 picks in th 7 th..
1)that is not the whole story if you are referring to comp picks because you have to look at players who are coming in through FA as well
2)iirc, the comp picks are a result of the FA in the PREVIOUS year.
Share 49ersWebzone