There are 240 users in the forums

Draft a WR 6'3 and up with Speed

It would be nice to have a nice Tall Big Body wr who can run the slant on the goalline and box out the DB or a tall wr that can catch out DB on corner routes or jumpball...

crabtree just isnt worth the trouble and does fit that mold of a playmaker.. He cant get bomb plays and he cant break down the field when giving the ball on quick routes. Patton can fill his shoes easily, and Johnson is probably better and actually seems to want to be in SF unlike crabtree..
Yup we need someone in the mold of Josh Gordon, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, Demaryius Thomas, etc. We need that big fast elite wide receiver. We have too many possession guys. We haven't had one of those types of guys since Terrell Owens. Need someone that strikes fear into the opponents on the outside and demands double coverage. Must find that guy somehow or even make a draft trade to land him.
I think its a bit of a down year for WRs

My top 10 WRs

First Round
1. Amari Cooper*, Alabama, 6'1, 210lbs, 4.5 speed
2. Jaelen Strong*, ASU, 6'3, 210lbs, 4.55 speed
3. Rashad Greene, FSU, 6'1, 180bs, 4.38 speed

Second Round
4. Ty Montgomery, Stanford, 6'2, 210lbs, 4.4 speed

Third Round
5. Devin Funchess*, Michigan, 6'5, 230lbs, 4.6 speed
6. Nelson Spruce*, Colorado, 6'1, 195lbs, 4.45 speed
7. Kevin White, West Virginia, 6'3, 220lbs, 4.6 speed

4th Round
8. Tyler Lockett, Kansas State, 5'11, 180lbs, 4.45 speed
9. Josh Harper, Fresno State, 6'1, 185lbs, 4.45 speed
10. DeVante Parker, Louisville 6'3, 210lbs, 4.6 speed

Not saying they will go in those specific rounds, but thats where I think their talent is
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think its a bit of a down year for WRs

My top 10 WRs

First Round
1. Amari Cooper*, Alabama, 6'1, 210lbs, 4.5 speed
2. Jaelen Strong*, ASU, 6'3, 210lbs, 4.55 speed
3. Rashad Greene, FSU, 6'1, 180bs, 4.38 speed

Second Round
4. Ty Montgomery, Stanford, 6'2, 210lbs, 4.4 speed

Third Round
5. Devin Funchess*, Michigan, 6'5, 230lbs, 4.6 speed
6. Nelson Spruce*, Colorado, 6'1, 195lbs, 4.45 speed
7. Kevin White, West Virginia, 6'3, 220lbs, 4.6 speed

4th Round
8. Tyler Lockett, Kansas State, 5'11, 180lbs, 4.45 speed
9. Josh Harper, Fresno State, 6'1, 185lbs, 4.45 speed
10. DeVante Parker, Louisville 6'3, 210lbs, 4.6 speed

Not saying they will go in those specific rounds, but thats where I think their talent is

From your list, Sun, I'd trade up (AB has him at #17) for Rashad. Speed trumps size for me. Not only does the running game need someone who can take the safeties deep, Kap needs a guy he can throw deep to.
DeVante parker is the best RZ WR in the draft. Idk why everyone says he's slow... he's been timed as low as 4.38 but he's really more of a 4.45 guy. There are five WR that could go in the first, my top five.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Kevin White
3. DeVante Parker
4. Jalen Strong
5. Devin Funchess

But being 6'3 and fast doesn't mean your good. Look at Stephen Hill.
but what about Beckham-Green or whatever his name is. Wouldnt mind grabbing 2 guys. maybe 1 in the second and another in the 4th-5th..
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
been saying this for years. Never happens. Wanted Bryant this past draft, but nope. They go with another Kyle Williams / Patton clone.
This would be my top 10 right now.. ( thinking DGB stays for OU )

1. Amari Cooper
2. DeVante Parker
3. Jaelen Strong
4. Kevin White

5. Rashad Greene
6. Ty Montgomery
7. Devin Funchess

8. Sammie Coates
9. Josh Harper
10. Stefon Diggs
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
This would be my top 10 right now.. ( thinking DGB stays for OU )

1. Amari Cooper
2. DeVante Parker
3. Jaelen Strong
4. Kevin White

5. Rashad Greene
6. Ty Montgomery
7. Devin Funchess

8. Sammie Coates
9. Josh Harper
10. Stefon Diggs

I like Coates as a vertical threat, good speed, nice build, has been a big play receiver for Auburn.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
been saying this for years. Never happens. Wanted Bryant this past draft, but nope. They go with another Kyle Williams / Patton clone.

You just compared two players who couldn't be anymore different. Good job.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hahaha Chaz gonna Chaz

Blind hatred. I will never get how people dislike/criticize players they haven't really seen. Especially with the limited amount of Patton we have seen, he's actually looked good.

On the subject of the thread, I think receiver has slowly crept up our priority list to the point where I'd say its number 2. I wanted Baalke to get one in round 2 last year. But looking back on it, it worked out because we needed the Carlos Hyde pick, as well as Borland, Martin, etc. Any receiver we would've taken, would've been riding the pine. It's wide open next season for someone to come in and establish themselves. I'd still put a 3-4 DE as the number one priority, but I wouldn't mind a move up to ensure we get one of the better receivers available. It's a bit of a gamble,but I think it would pay off considering we don't need the receiver to come in and immediately produce as the go to receiver. Knowing how great our offensive coaching staff is, I think we need as close to a finished product at receiver as possible.

The good news is that speedy receivers are available all over the draft, so it's not necessary that the move up be into the first round. Our likely first round pick is the perfect spot for one of the many 3-4 DEs that will be available, 2nd round for a back like Duke Johnson or Ameer Abdullah, and go for the receiver in the third.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

both are under 6 foot, barely pushin 200 lbs. dafuq u mean?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

both are under 6 foot, barely pushin 200 lbs. dafuq u mean?
White and Parker in the third and fourth round with 4.6 speed? Hahahaha. That's two of the best in the nation with 4.4 speed. It's a good thing that you put it's YOUR list because EVERYONE disagrees. I'm looking at you sundevil lol. Speaking of, how bout ASU man! I went there for a couple semesters while stationed at Luke AFB. They badass this year
Share 49ersWebzone