There are 238 users in the forums

Draft a WR 6'3 and up with Speed

I dont watch much college football.. but i know we need to draft a WR in the mold of Kelvin Benjamin or Martavious Bryant. (Size and Speed).. Which players in this years possible draft fit this ideal mold??
I agree. Wanted Bryant really bad in the draft this past year. Kevin White from West Virginia, DeVante Parker from Louisville are couple guys to look at in 1st round
We can dream
Doesnt have to be a 1st round guy.. look where Bryant was drafted.
Ill settle for a guy with speed. John Brown is a midget but he has been a major impact player for the Cards by being able to beat teams deep.

Cooks isnt huge either but provides a similar sort of threat.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ill settle for a guy with speed. John Brown is a midget but he has been a major impact player for the Cards by being able to beat teams deep.

Agree. Speed would be very nice & helpful
doesnt bruce ellington have speed and a small guy
Originally posted by DeHubb:
doesnt bruce ellington have speed and a small guy

He has good speed but not the top end playing speed of a guy like Brown. Ellington is more of an ideal slot receiver.
We need a better redzone target, jump ball target... guy who can get down the field. brown can get down the field but as you see hes not used much in the redzone.
[ Edited by DeHubb on Nov 10, 2014 at 6:16 PM ]
I keep asking every year for 2 guys. 1 big RZ target and 1 fast guy. We have needed both since Alex was the QB and we still need both for Kap.

Originally posted by tohara3:
I agree. Wanted Bryant really bad in the draft this past year. Kevin White from West Virginia, DeVante Parker from Louisville are couple guys to look at in 1st round

I wanted Bryant BAD and Mocrief...ooh I hurt when we did not draft either one......DeVante Parker is Big but he is NOT a speed Guy at all.
http://youtu.be/9RbScAlzrJM
Originally posted by tohara3:

I wanted Bryant BAD and Mocrief...ooh I hurt when we did not draft either one......DeVante Parker is Big but he is NOT a speed Guy at all.
Originally posted by aclarke49:
http://youtu.be/9RbScAlzrJM

Yes why not The 9ers have had very good success with Missouri Guys the Smith boys come to mind
Dude said size AND speed, than mentions Benjamin. Most of Benjamin's catches are contested cause he has no speed and can't separate.
I wanted John Brown really bad this year. He played College ball about an hour from where I live so we got to see him first hand and see how talented he was.
Share 49ersWebzone