There are 232 users in the forums

Connor Cook QB

I just started paying more attention to college football as this 49er season implodes. I hope we turn it around, but the reality is Harbaugh may be gone next year. If so, I bet we give up on Kaep also and trade him. I started looking at QB's and I like this guy so far. He said he's coming back to school but would probably go in the top 15 of the draft. I think that would make him go pro. What's everyone's opinion of him?
http://nfldraftlounge.com/2015-nfl-draft-scouting-report-qb-connor-cook/

I've gotten even further disappointed in our QB play after articles like this:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2014/film-room-colin-kaepernick-and-teddy-bridgewater
News flash: teams do not trade their starting QB and then draft his replacement. Not even the Raiders would do something that brain numbingly stupid.
Jacksonville did this last year and it was a good move. Usually, the starter gets benched first and we haven't gotten to that point, Many times the starter is just cut and not traded. You bring in a veteran to start and a rookie for the future. Ideally, we bring in a rokkie QB to put pressure on Kaep. You trade the loser. I wanted us to get Garoppolo last year. I haven't found a mid round prospect I like yet to do that this year.

Anyway, I want this thread to be about Cook as a propect. I think he's a tall strong armed pocket passer with enough athleticism to move in the pocket. I think he'll be a solid starter in the pros.
I think Cook is his biggest fan. Arrogance like that, does not need to be on this team.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jobiwon:
Jacksonville did this last year and it was a good move. Usually, the starter gets benched first and we haven't gotten to that point, Many times the starter is just cut and not traded. You bring in a veteran to start and a rookie for the future. Ideally, we bring in a rokkie QB to put pressure on Kaep. You trade the loser. I wanted us to get Garoppolo last year. I haven't found a mid round prospect I like yet to do that this year.

Anyway, I want this thread to be about Cook as a propect. I think he's a tall strong armed pocket passer with enough athleticism to move in the pocket. I think he'll be a solid starter in the pros.

I thought Henne was still on the Jags...

Oh, you meant Gabbert who wasn't the starter and was going to get cut...
I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen, I don't see the arm strength to make him a 1st rounder.
lol this dude wants to trade Kap already? LMAO
4th rounder imo, he's not a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone