There are 280 users in the forums

Bored bye week mock..

Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Why did you go WR 2 out of your top 3 picks? That isn't our biggest weakness.

Funchess is a TE..I understand how michigan uses him..but he will take over Vance's roll..which Vance is basically not doing much besides blocking..having vd and Funchess will be lb and safetys nightmare..as for Parker..if he's around in the 3rd he will be bpa and if we lose Crabtree and Lloyd it will be a position of need considering boldin will be gone after 2015 season..

Funchess is not a TE. He's smaller than Kelvin Benjamin, same size as Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. It's laughable you think he'd play TE and not be able to block.

Funchess is 6"5..240..Vernon Davis is 6"3 250..delanie walker is 6 ft 248..I'm sure he can put on 10lbs of muscle..if u think Funchess will line up wide then your crazy..he will be TE at the next level..
Funchess is 230. And will putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle teach him to block? Doubtful.

I don't see why not...it's not like every TE comes into the league as great blockers especially nowadays when the TE position is basically a bigger wr like Funchess..he actually reminds me of Jordan Cameron who is lighter at the same height..

Cameron is 250, which is 20 lbs heavier than Funchess. And he was considered a good blocker coming out of USC.

Funchess is a TE..I understand how michigan uses him..but he will take over Vance's roll..which Vance is basically not doing much besides blocking..having vd and Funchess will be lb and safetys nightmare..as for Parker..if he's around in the 3rd he will be bpa and if we lose Crabtree and Lloyd it will be a position of need considering boldin will be gone after 2015 season..

Funchess is not a TE. He's smaller than Kelvin Benjamin, same size as Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. It's laughable you think he'd play TE and not be able to block.

Funchess is 6"5..240..Vernon Davis is 6"3 250..delanie walker is 6 ft 248..I'm sure he can put on 10lbs of muscle..if u think Funchess will line up wide then your crazy..he will be TE at the next level..
Funchess is 230. And will putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle teach him to block? Doubtful.

I don't see why not...it's not like every TE comes into the league as great blockers especially nowadays when the TE position is basically a bigger wr like Funchess..he actually reminds me of Jordan Cameron who is lighter at the same height..

Cameron is 250, which is 20 lbs heavier than Funchess. And he was considered a good blocker coming out of USC.

The website I just looked at said he is 220..but regardless I think Funchess will be a TE in the league..we will find out next year I guess

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/player/27373/jordan-cameron
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 25, 2014 at 3:08 PM ]
And we don't have any real weaknesses at all..our biggest weakness this year is injuries..

DE, CB, backup Safeties are bigger weaknesses than WR. And you picked 2.

CBS ??? A healthy Brock cully and ward I'll take with a surprisingly good perish cox and a rookie with upside in Dj...I like our cbs...

Ward is a Safety playing nickel. We have 3 CBs coming off season ending injuries (Cook, Acker, Reaser), Cook will be a FA and 2 late round CBs, who knows if they ever do anything productive for us.

Cox has played better than expected, who says he doesn't try to cash in elsewhere, Brock has been injured all season, Culliver leaves a lot to be desired, and Johnson shows some potential. So next year we have Culliver, Brock, and Johnson and not much else. I say CB is a huge need. Those 3 aren't the epitome of confidence and who knows what the rookies coming off injury will do.

I understand and agree to certain points..like ward will play cb next year too bc bethea signed a 4 yr contract tha is actually a 2 yr one if you look at the numbers bc no way are we going to pay him 6 million a year after this year..he will be cut after 2015 season unless he restructures it..cully and Brock healthy are starters with ward in the slot then Dj ..cox and cook are gone..so then reaser and askers battle for the 5th spot vs a rookie(josh shaw if you go by my mock)..I feel ok with those 5..

It's the exact question marks we had coming into this season and no one would say they felt confident about our CBs when the season started. And on top of that, we are more than likely losing our CB that's played the best this season (Cox). I'm not confident.

The website I just looked at said he is 220..but regardless I think Funchess will be a TE in the league..we will find out next year I guess

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6572/jordan-cameron/1

http://www.nfl.com/player/jordancameron/2495267/profile

Maybe he was 220 coming into the league..which is exactly what I'm saying..TEs don't come into the league that big weight wise anymore..Funchess in 2-3 years will be around 250..and a starting TE...
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 25, 2014 at 3:15 PM ]
There is no way Parker is there when you have us picking him. Love the Shaw pick but even with his mishap he won't last that long

Maybe he was 220 coming into the league..which is exactly what I'm saying..TEs don't come into the league that big weight wise anymore..Funchess in 2-3 years will be around 250..and a starting TE...
Cameron was even bigger coming out of college, 254 lbs.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/scouting-report-southern-cal-te-jordan-cameron

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=85413&draftyear=2011&genpos=TE
Originally posted by 49ers808:
There is no way Parker is there when you have us picking him. Love the Shaw pick but even with his mishap he won't last that long

Yeah that's the thing with all my mocks..I always have players that I guess I hope are around for us to draft..lol

Cameron was even bigger coming out of college, 254 lbs.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/scouting-report-southern-cal-te-jordan-cameron

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=85413&draftyear=2011&genpos=TE

Lol thanks for the knowledge but Funchess will be a TE and like I said in 2-3 years he will be around 250lbs..mark my words..
I like our CBs next year. Reader was a stud in college, Acker looked good in preseason. We know Brock is better than the Denver game, and it is absolutely not a certainty that Cox is gone next year. Brock's stats were very good last year, and we kept him. Besides, we'll know before the draft what FA does to us.

Most TEs can't block when they enter the league. Neither VMac or Carrier could, and they learned. I don't think finches can gain separation routinely as a WR. I think he will dominate LBs and Safeties as a TE, like Jimmy Graham.

I don't know where the WRs will go in this draft. There are a lot of big guys, fast guys, big and fast guys. I'd imagine Parker goes in the second, but it's too early to say 3rd is impossible. Good work, man. Thanks for the effort.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I like our CBs next year. Reader was a stud in college, Acker looked good in preseason. We know Brock is better than the Denver game, and it is absolutely not a certainty that Cox is gone next year. Brock's stats were very good last year, and we kept him. Besides, we'll know before the draft what FA does to us.

Most TEs can't block when they enter the league. Neither VMac or Carrier could, and they learned. I don't think finches can gain separation routinely as a WR. I think he will dominate LBs and Safeties as a TE, like Jimmy Graham.

I don't know where the WRs will go in this draft. There are a lot of big guys, fast guys, big and fast guys. I'd imagine Parker goes in the second, but it's too early to say 3rd is impossible. Good work, man. Thanks for the effort.

Thanks man..I agree with our cbs..and as for Parker by the time the draft rolls around he could be a 1st rd pick or a 3rd..and I most definitely agree about Funchess..
you should put the positions in...i dont follow college that much

but i would say our only immediate weaknesses next year will be a D lineman. Ray mac is whatever, J.Smith will be another year older (if we win the SB i bet he retires), Dorsey will be a FA, and I.Williams is a big question mark,
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

but i would say our only immediate weaknesses next year will be a D lineman. Ray mac is whatever, J.Smith will be another year older (if we win the SB i bet he retires), Dorsey will be a FA, and I.Williams is a big question mark,

?

Ian Williams has played terrific so far. Aside from the eye ball test PFF currently has him rated as the 8th best d-lineman in the NFL.

Here are the Grades

Ian Williams 11.2 -> 8th in the NFL

Justin Smith 12.2 -> 4th in the NFL

Ray McDonald 4.9 -> 15th in the NFL

Also Dorsey is not a FA after this season. He is signed through 2016.
Funchess never makes the big play. Drops a lot of balls. Physical specimen tho. He's going to blow up the combine and be a top 10 draft pick possibly.
[ Edited by lamontb on Oct 27, 2014 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

?

Ian Williams has played terrific so far. Aside from the eye ball test PFF currently has him rated as the 8th best d-lineman in the NFL.

Here are the Grades

Ian Williams 11.2 -> 8th in the NFL

Justin Smith 12.2 -> 4th in the NFL

Ray McDonald 4.9 -> 15th in the NFL

Also Dorsey is not a FA after this season. He is signed through 2016.

So we got the 4th, 8th, and 15th ranked d lineman in the NFL and can't create any pressure at all? Something not right with these rankings.
Share 49ersWebzone