LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

Bored bye week mock..

Rd 1 Devin Funchess..TE..maybe a dream bc he will prob be gone b4 we pick but the thought of him and vd is amazing..

Rd 2 Eric Stricker..PASS RUSHER..small but every time I watch him he's a true pass rusher who is always putting pressure on the qb..him and lynch fight for starting olb of the future..?

Rd 3 Devante Parker..WR..even if we do sign Crabtree..boldin is gone next year..only think Parker falls to the 3rd bc of his recent injury issues..but if so he's a steal..

Rd 4 Frank Clark..DE..never really shines but always does his job..quietly productive..

Rd 5 Josh Shaw..CB..very hesitant to take a cb but I thnk we lose cox bc his great play this year..a team will give him a contract I'm not so sure he deserves considering this is his only very solid year..I'd take a chance with Shaw bc if not for a stupid decision he would he a 2nd rounder atleast..

Rd 6 Eric Lefeld..OT..depth..remember seeing him n and he looked sold

Rd 7 AJ Tarpley..ILB..Stanford connection..special teams player who will be our 4th ILB..Wilhoite will sign elsewhere next year..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 28, 2014 at 8:23 PM ]
Boldin signed a two year extension that takes him through 2015. His base jumps to 5.5 mil next year, but I don't think he's automatically gone. Especially since guys like Iupati aren't exactly blowing the doors off their contract years.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Boldin signed a two year extension that takes him through 2015. His base jumps to 5.5 mil next year, but I don't think he's automatically gone. Especially since guys like Iupati aren't exactly blowing the doors off their contract years.

Yes I kno boldin is signed through 2015..I'm talking after the draft he is here for only 1 year.. Could've worded it better..my fault..and the fact that our big name free agents aren't having great years like expected could be a blessing in disguise..price tags will hopefully go down..
Why did you go WR 2 out of your top 3 picks? That isn't our biggest weakness.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Funchess is a TE..I understand how michigan uses him..but he will take over Vance's roll..which Vance is basically not doing much besides blocking..having vd and Funchess will be lb and safetys nightmare..as for Parker..if he's around in the 3rd he will be bpa and if we lose Crabtree and Lloyd it will be a position of need considering boldin will be gone after 2015 season..
And we don't have any real weaknesses at all..our biggest weakness this year is injuries..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Funchess is a TE..I understand how michigan uses him..but he will take over Vance's roll..which Vance is basically not doing much besides blocking..having vd and Funchess will be lb and safetys nightmare..as for Parker..if he's around in the 3rd he will be bpa and if we lose Crabtree and Lloyd it will be a position of need considering boldin will be gone after 2015 season..

Funchess is not a TE. He's smaller than Kelvin Benjamin, same size as Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. It's laughable you think he'd play TE and not be able to block.
And we don't have any real weaknesses at all..our biggest weakness this year is injuries..

DE, CB, backup Safeties are bigger weaknesses than WR. And you picked 2.

Funchess is not a TE. He's smaller than Kelvin Benjamin, same size as Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans. It's laughable you think he'd play TE and not be able to block.

Funchess is 6"5..240..Vernon Davis is 6"3 250..delanie walker is 6 ft 248..I'm sure he can put on 10lbs of muscle..if u think Funchess will line up wide then your crazy..he will be TE at the next level..

CBS ??? A healthy Brock cully and ward I'll take with a surprisingly good perish cox and a rookie with upside in Dj...I like our cbs...

Funchess is 6"5..240..Vernon Davis is 6"3 250..delanie walker is 6 ft 248..I'm sure he can put on 10lbs of muscle..if u think Funchess will line up wide then your crazy..he will be TE at the next level..
Funchess is 230. And will putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle teach him to block? Doubtful.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Maybe we go WR, TE and DB in the first 3 rounds... not really sure if VD and Crabs stick around.

CBS ??? A healthy Brock cully and ward I'll take with a surprisingly good perish cox and a rookie with upside in Dj...I like our cbs...

Ward is a Safety playing nickel. We have 3 CBs coming off season ending injuries (Cook, Acker, Reaser), Cook will be a FA and 2 late round CBs, who knows if they ever do anything productive for us.

Cox has played better than expected, who says he doesn't try to cash in elsewhere, Brock has been injured all season, Culliver leaves a lot to be desired, and Johnson shows some potential. So next year we have Culliver, Brock, and Johnson and not much else. I say CB is a huge need. Those 3 aren't the epitome of confidence and who knows what the rookies coming off injury will do.

Funchess is 230. And will putting on 10-15 lbs of muscle teach him to block? Doubtful.

I don't see why not...it's not like every TE comes into the league as great blockers especially nowadays when the TE position is basically a bigger wr like Funchess..he actually reminds me of Jordan Cameron who is lighter at the same height..

Ward is a Safety playing nickel. We have 3 CBs coming off season ending injuries (Cook, Acker, Reaser), Cook will be a FA and 2 late round CBs, who knows if they ever do anything productive for us.

Cox has played better than expected, who says he doesn't try to cash in elsewhere, Brock has been injured all season, Culliver leaves a lot to be desired, and Johnson shows some potential. So next year we have Culliver, Brock, and Johnson and not much else. I say CB is a huge need. Those 3 aren't the epitome of confidence and who knows what the rookies coming off injury will do.

I understand and agree to certain points..like ward will play cb next year too bc bethea signed a 4 yr contract tha is actually a 2 yr one if you look at the numbers bc no way are we going to pay him 6 million a year..he will be cut after 2015 season unless he restructures it..cully and Brock healthy are starters with ward in the slot then Dj ..cox and cook are gone..so then reaser and ackers battle for the 5th spot vs a rookie(josh shaw if you go by my mock)..I feel ok with those 5..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Oct 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone