There are 282 users in the forums

Need some advice from you guys

As most know I have 2 websites, NCH and PigskinProspects.com, and I also write for ProFootballSpot, NinersNation.com, and 49erswebzone.com. And I compile salaries for all players in the NFL for powerhouseGM.com.

I've gotten to the point where I need to shake things up a bit. I love doing them all, but 1 or 2 need to possibly be done away with.

I suffer from OCD and Depression, and I have myself stuck on this, I need advice on what you guys think I should do. The draft website is fun, but it isn't a known site, and then the powerhouseGM.com isn't really getting noticed, which makes me want to stop working on that. BTW I don't get paid for that. So another incentive to give it up.

What does everyone think?

My ultimate goal is to get recognized by the 49ers, and maybe one day work for them.
If you want to work for the niners just keep trudgen man. s**ts hard but you'll get there eventually. You put up some good s**t and everyone here appricates it. Maybe just work on advertising your site a bit more, didn't even know you had one. Maybe employ some people to help you out , or get some volunteers. But just keep going. Life's too short to give up on your dreams.
Originally posted by shmuck:
If you want to work for the niners just keep trudgen man. s**ts hard but you'll get there eventually. You put up some good s**t and everyone here appricates it. Maybe just work on advertising your site a bit more, didn't even know you had one. Maybe employ some people to help you out , or get some volunteers. But just keep going. Life's too short to give up on your dreams.

Yeah man, check it out, http://pigskinprospects.com/ i think the design is nice, a friend did it for me. I pay him $10 a month to help out. I have some webzoners on board, but things are slow right now. Gets busy when draft time is around, plus free agency.

I love the salaries, and the guy I help is super nice, but it's time consuming, and that was what I thought most of given up. I don't get paid for it, so idk.
As far as the website , I wouldn't put ridiculous time into it. I would update it like here and there. As far as salaries and you don't get paid for unless you really enjoy that. I would drop it because that seems like a headache. Good luck man
I told you AB I have your PigskinProspects website bookmarked in my Favorites. Just to add, I'm very selective what I bookmark. I'm sure many on the Zone follow you, keep it up man, good things will happen.
Dude I've been in your boat, used to write for a few websites, got paid when they made me editor etc. It's very time consuming and the pay usually isn't nearly as rewarding for the time you put into it. IMO, stay with the sites that are the most recognizable, I'd stick w/the Zone and NN & try 2 be the salary cap guru guy for NN, that site gets a lot of play & if you can become nationally known as a salary cap guru guy on a big level there, you could end up doing some stuff for their NFL site & get noticed by some of the larger sports media giants. Not sure about working for the 49ers or how that even works to be honest but even that I'm betting the more play you get on bigger sites the better.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Dude I've been in your boat, used to write for a few websites, got paid when they made me editor etc. It's very time consuming and the pay usually isn't nearly as rewarding for the time you put into it. IMO, stay with the sites that are the most recognizable, I'd stick w/the Zone and NN & try 2 be the salary cap guru guy for NN, that site gets a lot of play & if you can become nationally known as a salary cap guru guy on a big level there, you could end up doing some stuff for their NFL site & get noticed by some of the larger sports media giants. Not sure about working for the 49ers or how that even works to be honest but even that I'm betting the more play you get on bigger sites the better.

Thanks Matt, I was considering moving the salary sheets to NN, I need to talk with the owner, and see how it can be done.

I may put PigskinProspects on hold for now, just have the usual weekly watch list through the end of the season.

My mind is about to explode, I am gonna continue the NFL Salaries for the powerhouseGM website, the guy I work for is great, hopefully I'll get some sorta payment, if not, it may be hard to continue then. But continue for now. If anything I would leave at end of season. I don't wanna up and leave him without him having help.

If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions, please let me know, PM or in here.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Thanks Matt, I was considering moving the salary sheets to NN, I need to talk with the owner, and see how it can be done.

I may put PigskinProspects on hold for now, just have the usual weekly watch list through the end of the season.

My mind is about to explode, I am gonna continue the NFL Salaries for the powerhouseGM website, the guy I work for is great, hopefully I'll get some sorta payment, if not, it may be hard to continue then. But continue for now. If anything I would leave at end of season. I don't wanna up and leave him without him having help.

I think that's a good choice man. Putting all your stuff in one place is smart, having your stuff scattered around the net makes it harder to get a name for yourself. Another idea I have man, if NN doesn't want to move your salary cap stuff over, I know the guy who runs Niner fans personally, he's got press passes to all 49er games, goes to all the practices etc. he's real good. I'd try & hook up w/him & see if you can get some sorta partnership w/him going or something.
I love what you do and your end product is stellar!

That said, I suffer from Time Poverty - there's just never enough time for me to get the $$$ I'm looking for and certainly not enough time to have he Fun I want. I'm also a writer, speaker, consultant and there is always a deadline.

You have to pay your bills and have $$ left over for retirement, and enjoyment.

So, follow the money first. Being broke or always juggling finances sucks.

I think that's a good choice man. Putting all your stuff in one place is smart, having your stuff scattered around the net makes it harder to get a name for yourself. Another idea I have man, if NN doesn't want to move your salary cap stuff over, I know the guy who runs Niner fans personally, he's got press passes to all 49er games, goes to all the practices etc. he's real good. I'd try & hook up w/him & see if you can get some sorta partnership w/him going or something.

Looks like my information will be moving to NinersNation.com soon. Turning NCH into a message board only.

Looks like my information will be moving to NinersNation.com soon. Turning NCH into a message board only.

nice man! good for you! NN is pretty big in terms of traffic so should get your stuff the attention it deserves.
Share 49ersWebzone