LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 351 users in the forums

Kevin White WR, WVU

Originally posted by TheRambler:
Dude got shut down against TCU. Meh.

LOL... you must not have watched that game. The lack of production was thanks to poor QB play and a defense doubling up on White.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
vs Maryland

[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:
if HarBallke's smart, I say we do a Bill Walsh type of trade and MOVE UP to get an elite player we like, instead of hoping to land one in the later rounds, and keep saving our LATE 1st rounder and land players like Reid, AJ and Ward...

Amen.
I like this kid. He's looks like he has great hands and is great at fighting for the ball. He doesn't seem to have elite speed but he runs solid routes and is extremely physical, which makes up for any lack of separation. I like this guy. Definitely reminds me of Fitz
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
duplicate
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2014 at 4:37 PM ]
My friend and I had a very interesting conversation about him the other day. He mentioned that it might be hard to say if he is THAT good or if he's simply a product of WVU's system. Also mentioned that WVU players are kind of like Duke basketball players that go pro, that they dont turn into superstars at the next level. See Pat White and Geno Smith.
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
My friend and I had a very interesting conversation about him the other day. He mentioned that it might be hard to say if he is THAT good or if he's simply a product of WVU's system. Also mentioned that WVU players are kind of like Duke basketball players that go pro, that they dont turn into superstars at the next level. See Pat White and Geno Smith.

WR is different though. I don't know if this guy is worth a. 1st round pick yet, but if he has combine numbers that match his performance, it'll be hard to pass on him.
Hope this keeps up and he falls in our laps
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:

WR is different though. I don't know if this guy is worth a. 1st round pick yet, but if he has combine numbers that match his performance, it'll be hard to pass on him.

Combine numbers don't mean much, look at Borland. That said you are right about WR being different from QB. White has the skill set to succeed in any offense, unlike Geno Smith who was a system qb and could only play well in that system.
if HarBallke's smart, I say we do a Bill Walsh type of trade and MOVE UP to get an elite player we like, instead of hoping to land one in the later rounds, and keep saving our LATE 1st rounder and land players like Reid, AJ and Ward...

I get what you're saying with most of this, but what don't you like about E. Reid? Besides he was a mid 1st guy. We traded up.

Originally posted by GorefullBore:

I get what you're saying with most of this, but what don't you like about E. Reid? Besides he was a mid 1st guy. We traded up.

Nothing is being said at all. Most people pounding the table about us trading up, especially in the 2014 draft, to get a player like Odell Beckham still have yet to realize what players we wouldn't have on our team just to get said elite player.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
White has freakish talent but to reach his potential he has to clean up his release technique:

- he frequently takes false steps
- is too flat footed
Originally posted by DeUh:
White has freakish talent but to reach his potential he has to clean up his release technique:

- is too flat footed

Those kinds of issues can be cleared up really easily once we get him in the building and he gets some real, professional coaching.

I almost got through that with a straight face.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

- is too flat footed

Those kinds of issues can be cleared up really easily once we get him in the building and he gets some real, professional coaching.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

- is too flat footed

Share 49ersWebzone