There are 190 users in the forums

Get Mariota

Originally posted by Heisenberg:
No ways bro, Mariota is a much much better QB than Thomas and Dennis Dixon, those two are one-trick ponies. Mariota can beat you the same when Kap does, only I think Mariota passes a lot better from the pocket.

How were they one-trick ponies? They were both very capable passers at Oregon.

Darron Thomas in his final two years at Oregon: 63 TDs and 16 INTs.
this didnt get locked yet? wow.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Oregon is not exactly QBU. Just look at the track record:

Bill Musgrave
Akili Smith
Dennis Dixon
Joey Harrington
Darron Thomas

The Kelly offense is like the Seven Seconds or Less offense that Mike D'Antoni used with the Suns. It's a huge stat inflater.
[ Edited by kray28 on Sep 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Probably gonna be a question for the Raiders to get Mariota or stick with Carr.
Originally posted by kray28:

Bill Musgrave
Akili Smith
Dennis Dixon
Joey Harrington
Darron Thomas

The Kelly offense is like the Seven Seconds or Less offense that Mike D'Antoni used with the Suns. It's a huge stat inflater.

This x1000.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Darron Thomas was also the truth in that Oregon offense. Where is he now?

The only thing Darron Thomas did (besides fumble and throw picks) was run the no-huddle better than any college QB I have seen.
Most of that is Chip Kelly, where they are both at right now should speak as evidence for my claims
Originally posted by Liono:
Darron Thomas was never even seriously projected to be an NFL QB. He didn't have much of an arm and wasn't very mobile. Mariota is like a better version of Colin Kaepernick.

Mariota is not "like" a better version of Colin Kaepernick lol.

For 1 thing Mariota doesn't have the same arm strength, that stat isn't as highly sought in college football because the DB's aren't as quick.

And really? We are comparing college Qb's to NFL QBs?

Bill Musgrave
Akili Smith
Dennis Dixon
Joey Harrington
Darron Thomas

This x1000.

Triple post.

Those names are irrelevant to how Marcus will turn out in the NFL.
You've listed 6 generations of QB's all of whom have gone through 6 different OC and 3 different HC.

Jesus where is the logic in this thread?
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
What and have this staff ruin another QB?

ruin another QB? wtf???? did you watch 49ers football pre 2011? Alex Smith was a joke, and nobody expected Kap to be the QB he has become. this staff made our QBs better...
"Blow yoda for Mariota"

Sorry, but this ain't happening. Backup QB will be a mid round priority.
I'd rather get Connor Halliday from Washington St ...even though Mariota has Kaeperknick like physical tools, I'd like to get a strong pocket passer with great accuracy like Halliday
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Bill Musgrave
Akili Smith
Dennis Dixon
Joey Harrington
Darron Thomas

This x1000.

Triple post.

Those names are irrelevant to how Marcus will turn out in the NFL.
You've listed 6 generations of QB's all of whom have gone through 6 different OC and 3 different HC.

Jesus where is the logic in this thread?

Same thing was said about Aaron Rodgers coming out of college because of all the failures of Cal Qbs prior to him.
Im backing Kap. I only see him getting better. He only has started for a year and a half, there is still room for him to grow.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Mariota is not "like" a better version of Colin Kaepernick lol.

For 1 thing Mariota doesn't have the same arm strength, that stat isn't as highly sought in college football because the DB's aren't as quick.

And really? We are comparing college Qb's to NFL QBs?

arm strength isn't a stat.
Share 49ersWebzone