LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Danny Shelton-DL-Washington

Originally posted by TommyUdo:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I thought the Ngata comparison died at the combine.
It did, but there are still a few people out there that are clinging to the idea that he can be that kind of player.

He is nowhere near the athlete that Ngata was. Shelton is more that likely a 2 down player in the NFL with marginal upside.

lol
I would be happy if he were to be there at 15. With him in the middle doing what he does so well, the LB's and secondary will benefit greatly. His overall impact on the defense would be a net positive and help keep our D among the best in the league...
Josh Norris ranks this guy as the 27th overall prospect in the draft.

Tony Pauline wrote: "The love for Shelton in the outside world is not shared by decision-makers in war rooms, who feel he's a bit one-dimensional in his game."

Walter'sfootball says, "Shelton's Senior Bowl performance has been inflated, and he is not even close to the athlete many are comparing him to (Poe and Ngata). Shelton will have the most impact in a rotation and best when defending running plays."

I've been saying this guy is vastly overrated all offseason. Finally some people agree with me.
Would love Shelton at 15. We desperately need a true NT
Originally posted by NinerSickness:

Tony Pauline wrote: "The love for Shelton in the outside world is not shared by decision-makers in war rooms, who feel he's a bit one-dimensional in his game."

Walter'sfootball says, "Shelton's Senior Bowl performance has been inflated, and he is not even close to the athlete many are comparing him to (Poe and Ngata). Shelton will have the most impact in a rotation and best when defending running plays."

I've been saying this guy is vastly overrated all offseason. Finally some people agree with me.

Gotta agree with these war rooms. Not too huge of a fan of Shelton. I thinks he's overrated.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
The guy is a lot fatter than ngata and poe, and doesnt have the their musculature. One thing he does have going for him is that natural, samoan joint flexibility.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Dude you're listing DraftInsider and Walterfootball as your sources. lmfao.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

"Sources?" I'm not a journalist. Someone else posted that stuff, and I'm just passing the information along (and then saying I agree with the analysis). Are you being condescending just for the sake of being condescending?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

"Sources?" I'm not a journalist. Someone else posted that stuff, and I'm just passing the information along (and then saying I agree with the analysis). Are you being condescending just for the sake of being condescending?

Exactly, your sources that you agree with.

OK would it make you feel better with me saying "websites you agree with"??

Decision-makers in war rooms and walterfootball?!?!?

Ok im not seeing what their seeing, dude is a straight hog in the middle, and has exceptional burst for a guy that size, I don't see the 2 down linemen they are seeing

So basically if draftinsider or waltersfootball agree with something I've been saying all offseason, I should immediately change my position?

My "source" is the time I spent watching the guy play. I'm not even close to as impressed as most people are. He's still a good prospect, but he's not the bully people make him out to be IMO.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

So basically if draftinsider or waltersfootball agree with something I've been saying all offseason, I should immediately change my position?

My "source" is the time I spent watching the guy play. I'm not even close to as impressed as most people are. He's still a good prospect, but he's not the bully people make him out to be IMO.

Well to use Draftinsider or walterfootball to support your position is no better than the opinions in here. They're opinions are the same as ours, only difference is they have a website lol, they are fans of the draft and have no REAL sources.

And what's your opinion on Shelton??
Well to use Draftinsider or walterfootball to support your position is no better than the opinions in here.

Ok. I'm fine with that. Opinion sharing is all I was doing. Waltersfootball claims to have some access to war-room insiders, but I don't know how legitimate that information is.

I thought that part was clear. I think he's a 2nd-round talent, and I've been saying so all offseason.
How do Shelton and Carl Davis compare? I am assuming that Shelton is more of a pure NT and Davis could shift from DE to NT/DT if necessary? But between them who would fit the Niners needs better?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well to use Draftinsider or walterfootball to support your position is no better than the opinions in here.

Ok. I'm fine with that. Opinion sharing is all I was doing. Waltersfootball claims to have some access to war-room insiders, but I don't know how legitimate that information is.

I thought that part was clear. I think he's a 2nd-round talent, and I've been saying so all offseason.

How do you differ 1st round to 2nd round talent??
Share 49ersWebzone