LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Danny Shelton-DL-Washington

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Highlight Tape

[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM ]
This guy looks like he is incredibly out of shape. Lol. But then you watch him move and it's a shock. Lol
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Shelton keeps this up, he'll be in the conversation as a Top 10 pick.

Seriously?

Is this just that weak of a draft? I wouldn't touch this guy in the early 2nd much less the top 15.

word.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Looks like all his sacks are off really good DB coverage in that video
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Jim Tomsula

We play the nose guard position differently. The only fat guy I want in there is me.
Originally posted by DeUh:
Jim Tomsula

We play the nose guard position differently. The only fat guy I want in there is me.

Thats one reason I like Tyeler Davison.
Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft
Danny Shelton of Washington elicited some oohs and ahs at 6016, 343.
[ Edited by daragon on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:26 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

ESPN

- Prototypical two-gap defensive tackle
- Massive lower half, strong anchor and powerful upper body
- Heavy handed and consistently jars blockers on tape
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 11, 2015 at 6:51 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Senior Bowl Day 1

The mammoth interior lineman has been one of the hottest names in NFL draft circles the past few days and he lived up to the early billing with his movement during drills and play when the defense went full speed against the offense.

He's probably a top-ten pick as we start this process, NFL Media analyst Charles Davis remarked. If you want to find out if a guy can play, you put him in there with Shelton and see if he can block him.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 21, 2015 at 6:28 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Taylor Price

The talk of the Senior Bowl is whether or not Washington defensive tackle Danny Shelton can move up into the top-10 with a solid week in Mobile.

Shelton, who was recently praised by NFL Network draft czar Mike Mayok as a top-10 talent. At 6-foot-2, 332 pounds, Shelton physically looked like a seasoned NFL vet.

At times, he played like one, too. Shelton did a nice job of disengaging from 1-on-1 blocks and showed willingness to compete in 1-on-1 blocking drills against the North's offensive linemen.

Shelton finished the practice session with the white numbers peeling off of his orange jersey.

Baalke had a good view of Shelton in those drills. The 49ers GM watched many of the 1-on-1 battles inside of Laad-Peebles.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Shelton keeps this up, he'll be in the conversation as a Top 10 pick.

Seriously?

Is this just that weak of a draft? I wouldn't touch this guy in the early 2nd much less the top 15.

This coming from a guy who had serious doubt about Jarvis Landry who balled out this past season like I knew he would.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
AFC Assistant General Manager

I don't think Danny Shelton is a top-10 pick.

Despite the glowing reports media pundits have put on Shelton, there are some NFL executives worried about his impact potential at the next level as a nose tackle.

While the scout is impressed with Shelton's ability to control the point of attack as a classic nose tackle, he doesn't see the position flexibility or pass-rush skills that would make the Washington star a dynamic playmaker as a pro.

Given the premium evaluators place on players capable of impacting the passing game, Shelton's value could dip a bit as the draft nears.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
the noise he created this week just made him top 12...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DeUh:
AFC Assistant General Manager

I don't think Danny Shelton is a top-10 pick.

Despite the glowing reports media pundits have put on Shelton, there are some NFL executives worried about his impact potential at the next level as a nose tackle.

While the scout is impressed with Shelton's ability to control the point of attack as a classic nose tackle, he doesn't see the position flexibility or pass-rush skills that would make the Washington star a dynamic playmaker as a pro.

Given the premium evaluators place on players capable of impacting the passing game, Shelton's value could dip a bit as the draft nears.

I'm not really trying to be bias, but I don't buy it, especially since that GM isn't being named.
Louis Nix III was projected for the 1st round early last year also.
Share 49ersWebzone