119 DE Za'Darius Smith, Kentucky
120 DE Henry Anderson, Stanford
121 RB Jeremy Langford, Michigan State
122 DE Anthony Chickillo, Miami(Fla.)
123 ILB Ramik Wilson, Georgia
124 DE Cedric Reed, Texas
125 DE Deion Barnes*, Penn State
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Feb 2, 2015 at 8:01 PM ]
Nice work as always! The only thing that stands out to me after this past week is Countess being listed as one of the top corners. As a Michigan fan I've watched him a lot and he's been good much of the time but watching Will Fuller abuse him this past weekend, he kept giving up the inside and you don't see top prospects get abused that badly by a team missing their top WR. Hoping it was an aberration and we seem to have some good young corners so we might not have a need there but it was surprising to say the least. Funchess and Ryan are both beasts though!
any prototypical 5-technique DE who is worth mentioning. Let's say round 2-3?
Excellent work!

Any Justin clones or POTENTIAL clones?
Just because Mariota isn't going to be NFL ready from the start, (especially with that lanky frame) I could see him fall. Not as bad as Kap fell, but mid-late 1st round wouldn't surprise me.
Originally posted by communist:

I'd say round one. What other position is worth spending a first round pick on?
Hey sorry to say but I think a lot of this big board is straight up silly.
1.Devin Funchess is a WR not a TE, dunno why people keep putting him there . He is playing WR and will be playing WR in the NFL, he's too lean to play TE. Also the kid is going to be top 15, think Mike Evans. His routes are so smooth it gives me a hard on watching him. Definitely has to the the second receiver off the board.

2. Antwaan Goodely as your third receiver? Physically he looks impressive but the dude has some ridiculous stone hands, looks so unnatural catching the ball. Looks like he's fighting it every time the balls thrown his way. Plus I hate his routes, flat out ugly. Not saying he won't be good but he is most definitely a day 2 work in progress type player.

3. Rashade Green as your 2 receiver, just don't see the upside that would warrent him as the second receiver on your board. 2nd rounder imo.

4. Lack of Trae Waynes on your board. He's the CB for Michigan State. Absolutely a lock down corners. Good size and speed. Nobody can throw his way, definitely top 15, imo a top tenner. Better than Ifo.

5. Lack of Ronald Darby CB, FSU. He's better than P.J. Willaims and Ifo. Watch some FSU games and you'll see that nobody ever throws toward him cause he'll pick it off or knock it down. Would be a top tenner if Trae Waynes wasn't playing.

6. Lack of Marcus Peters CB WU . Good cover guy. Me think thinks 1st maybe second rounder.

7. Devante Parker over Ty Mongomery.Parker has hurt his foot yet again. If he's healthy he's good (and a dangerous RZ target) but that's a big if. Montgomery has good size, excellent speed and is a beast of a return man. Just more versatile and a better WR then Parker. Yes held back by his run first offense though. (Wouldnt be much of a change going to SF though )

8. Peats probably the best player in this draft. Don't like seeing him at 28.

I have more but I got to get back to work. Sorry for stepping on some toes as a first post.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Where's my boy Shawn Oakman?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Maybe CB? We don't have an elite one and I really think we could use one. Maybe a WR like Funchess if Crabs leaves.

If your looking for a 1st round five tech checkout Carl Davis from Iowa.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcu7Pcg84UQ
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpLaVcw2KU

Powerful and has an explosive first step. Though he gets a little high at times. First to second rounder and will be a pro bowler me thinks.
[ Edited by shmuck on Sep 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM ]
Originally posted by shmuck:

Maybe CB? We don't have an elite one and I really think we could use one. Maybe a WR like Funchess if Crabs leaves.

If your looking for a 1st round five tech checkout Carl Davis from Iowa.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcu7Pcg84UQ
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpLaVcw2KU

Powerful and has an explosive first step. Though he gets a little high at times. First to second rounder and will be a pro bowler me thinks.

We have some choices, but I still believe DE is the number one priority. Even if Crabtree leaves, we still have Stevie Johnson and Anquan Boldin, which is more than what can be said for many teams. At corner, we don't have an elite corner, but we have a lot of quality, young corners. On our defensive line, we have older guys that are declining. We also have an inconsistent pass rush without Aldon Smith. If we choose to pass on DE, then I'd agree that WR would probably be the next priority. I'm hoping he stays because I'd like the 49ers to draft a fast receiver to round our their group for the next few seasons.

Replacing Crabs is #1 priority (assuming he doesn't resign...which I don't think he does) and then DE is #2.

What sucks is we had our future DE in the bag with Tuitt in round 2 last year and Baalke pissed away the opportunity.

Baalke is proving to be extraordinary near sighted in the last 3 drafts.
Lol lotta mad people today. Pissed that pick away on Hyde. Totally near sighted, not like he's going to be our future pro bowl RB. Being mad is clouding your view. 2012 was a bad one. Since then it's been great. DE wasn't a need until these past couple of games. Everyone thought Carradine was going to be ready so nobody was looking for a DE last year. Now we need one to put in rotation, so let's draft one this year. That's how drafting works, as needs become apparent you fill them during the off-season. In fact is was a great idea to not go DE last draft because this drafts DE are looking to be some of the best in the past decade.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Hey sorry to say but I think a lot of this big board is straight up silly.
1.Devin Funchess is a WR not a TE, dunno why people keep putting him there . He is playing WR and will be playing WR in the NFL, he's too lean to play TE. Also the kid is going to be top 15, think Mike Evans. His routes are so smooth it gives me a hard on watching him. Definitely has to the the second receiver off the board.

2. Antwaan Goodely as your third receiver? Physically he looks impressive but the dude has some ridiculous stone hands, looks so unnatural catching the ball. Looks like he's fighting it every time the balls thrown his way. Plus I hate his routes, flat out ugly. Not saying he won't be good but he is most definitely a day 2 work in progress type player.

3. Rashade Green as your 2 receiver, just don't see the upside that would warrent him as the second receiver on your board. 2nd rounder imo.

4. Lack of Trae Waynes on your board. He's the CB for Michigan State. Absolutely a lock down corners. Good size and speed. Nobody can throw his way, definitely top 15, imo a top tenner. Better than Ifo.

5. Lack of Ronald Darby CB, FSU. He's better than P.J. Willaims and Ifo. Watch some FSU games and you'll see that nobody ever throws toward him cause he'll pick it off or knock it down. Would be a top tenner if Trae Waynes wasn't playing.

6. Lack of Marcus Peters CB WU . Good cover guy. Me think thinks 1st maybe second rounder.

7. Devante Parker over Ty Mongomery.Parker has hurt his foot yet again. If he's healthy he's good (and a dangerous RZ target) but that's a big if. Montgomery has good size, excellent speed and is a beast of a return man. Just more versatile and a better WR then Parker. Yes held back by his run first offense though. (Wouldnt be much of a change going to SF though )

8. Peats probably the best player in this draft. Don't like seeing him at 28.

I have more but I got to get back to work. Sorry for stepping on some toes as a first post.

Thanks on the correction on Funchess, thought he was playing TE still, didn't know he was a WR now.

Remember this is way way early big board, things change between now and April 2015.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Thanks on the correction on Funchess, thought he was playing TE still, didn't know he was a WR now.

Remember this is way way early big board, things change between now and April 2015.

fair enough. Didn't realize how early this was posted until now.
  • Jiks

Nate Orchard Utah, even though I he is more of a DE/OLB but better suited as DE imo.

Utah's top NFL Draft-eligible prospects to watch in 2014: 2. DE Nate Orchard, Senior...Orchard continued his playmaking ways as a junior, posting five tackles, two sacks and two forced fumbles in the Utes' shocking win over previously undefeated Stanford. He finished the year with 50 tackles, including nine tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. Orchard's ascent as a legitimate NFL prospect is due to a combination of size, natural athleticism and his hard work. He has packed 60 pounds of muscle onto his frame since signing with the Utes as a 195-pound receiver and has retained his agility. He shows good quickness and balance to elude blockers and force quarterbacks to get off their spot. His flexibility and awareness makes his effective dropping off into coverage, as well. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone