LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 304 users in the forums

ABs Updated 2015 NFL Draft Top 125 Big Board

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm commenting on Big Wads commenting Trent missed out on and that our future DE was Tuitt - laughable.

How is that laughable? That could be completely accurate, but it's WAY too early to tell.
I'd like to see Coates do this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFY9gatN-5Y

Or this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgCT4848SM

Or this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTOv0beHPM

Sammie Coates is not even the best receiver on his team by a long shot.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Imo he's waaaayyyyyy overrated. Yea he has drool worthy measurables but that's it. He does jack s**t in game. This season he has only 9 receptions for two hundred yards and a single TD. Most of those yard came on a single big play during the LSU game. He accounted for 144 of those 200 yards in the LSU game. His tape is horrendous. Imo a 2nd to 3rd rounder. Needs to go to a place were he can learn to play a while before actually starting (like SF!!!) That said his counterpart at WR "Duke" Willaims is a much better prospect.

He got hurt early and is a bit gimpy, I like his body of work so far when healthy and his potential. Big fast receiver is something the Niners could use.

"Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said immediately after the game Coates' health wascloser to 80 percent than 100 percent. It showed on the field and in the box score: the junior was targeted eight times by quarterback Nick Marshall, but he made only two catches. Getting Coates back to full speed could alleviate Auburn's hiccups on offense. The junior finished third nationally with 21.5 yards per catch last season and averaged an incredible 54.1 yards per touchdown catch. He has only three catches for 37 yards this season."
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/slowed_by_injury_auburns_sammi.html
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
He got hurt early and is a bit gimpy, I like his body of work so far when healthy and his potential. Big fast receiver is something the Niners could use.

"Offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said immediately after the game Coates' health wascloser to 80 percent than 100 percent. It showed on the field and in the box score: the junior was targeted eight times by quarterback Nick Marshall, but he made only two catches. Getting Coates back to full speed could alleviate Auburn's hiccups on offense. The junior finished third nationally with 21.5 yards per catch last season and averaged an incredible 54.1 yards per touchdown catch. He has only three catches for 37 yards this season."
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/slowed_by_injury_auburns_sammi.html

Don't get me wrong I'd take him... In the third round. Regardless of injury he just hasn't showed up this season at all.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'm commenting on Big Wads commenting Trent missed out on and that our future DE was Tuitt - laughable.

How is that laughable? That could be completely accurate, but it's WAY too early to tell.

On further review - you're probably right. It is way too early.

Just like it's way too early to pan Vance, and any of our other players w/ 2 years who haven't seen enough play tme to actually get better.
Originally posted by shmuck:
I'd like to see Coates do this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFY9gatN-5Y

Or this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgCT4848SM

Or this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTOv0beHPM

Sammie Coates is not even the best receiver on his team by a long shot.

Nope, but he's the fastest. He's a legit deep threat whose in-route speed should improve with more coaching, and he already plays very physically, both with the ball in his hands and as a blocker. I'd like to see him be more competitive on contested balls, for sure, but his speed threatening the defenses we face would make so much more difference than just any statistics he would post. If he's there in the second, I'd go up to get him. After the season, once I have nothing to think about but the draft, I'll want him at the end of the 1st. By the time the draft rolls around and my "Ima lose my GUY!!!" paranoia kicks in, I'll want to move up in the first for him.

You've been warned.
Weak draft class overall. Might have 20 guys max with first round grades when the draft begins.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Weak draft class overall. Might have 20 guys max with first round grades when the draft begins.

Is this a draft to trade up? Im all for quality over quantity this year.
No Kevin White? I'd sh!t myself if we could get him late 2, early 3. Totally expect him to go 1-2.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Like Sammie Coates WR, hope he slips to us.
Height: 6-2
Weight: 201
40 Low: 4.24 40 Time: 4.36

"08/13/14 - Auburn's top NFL Draft-eligible prospects to watch in 2014: 1. WR Sammie Coates, Redshirt Junior...He's unique in that Coates combines this speed with a muscle-packed frame that makes him every bit as likely to shove defenders to the ground as run away from them. He can extend and pluck fastballs outside of his frame and tracks the ball well over his shoulder. Malzahn's scheme calls for his receivers to block often and he is a physical and alert in this role. While blessed with extraordinary tools, Coates remains a work in progress. He runs limited routes in Auburn's scheme (mostly verticals, quick outs and drags across the middle) and he could generate more separation by sinking his hips and exploding out of his cuts. He doesn't consistently sell his routes when the play calls for a run or if he thinks the pass is going another way. Occasionally he'll let an "easy" pass slip through his fingers. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com"

"Coates, who spends a lot of his down time working with kids battling cancer, says he draws his inspiration from their battles.
I can have a broken leg, I'm still going to try to fight through it," Coates said. "Because I see how hard they fight."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/getting_sammie_coates_back_to.html
No more hoping someone falls. If Sammie is the guy--and he looks very good although AB has him at #72--then trade, borrow and steal to get him. A speed, productive guy is what the Niners are missing. They need a #1 WR. Aldon will be back, Dorsey will be back, Bowman will be back, Brock will be back. Offense is where the team must improve.

I remember in 2011, the Atlanta Falcons thought ALL they were missing was a number 1 receiver. And they traded the farm to get him. I bet they wish they had those five picks they traded now. Number one receivers do not guarantee Super Bowls.

Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by communist:
any prototypical 5-technique DE who is worth mentioning. Let's say round 2-3?

I'd say round one. What other position is worth spending a first round pick on?

Replacing Crabs is #1 priority (assuming he doesn't resign...which I don't think he does) and then DE is #2.

What sucks is we had our future DE in the bag with Tuitt in round 2 last year and Baalke pissed away the opportunity.

Baalke is proving to be extraordinary near sighted in the last 3 drafts.

If we lose Crabtree we still have Boldin and Johnson starting. We have Ellington and Patton coming on and we could probably get Lloyd back as well. We will be fine.

A DE who can rotate in with Raymac and Justin Smith is a bigger priority. We are desperate for a pass rush.ey are not getting any younger either.

We also might need to take a serious look at the offensive line. especially if we lose Iupati and Boone is playing poorly as well.

Unless an amazing player falls to us at another position I would love to see the 49ers go offensive and defensive line in rounds 1 and 2.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
If we lose Crabtree we still have Boldin and Johnson starting. We have Ellington and Patton coming on and we could probably get Lloyd back as well. We will be fine.

A DE who can rotate in with Raymac and Justin Smith is a bigger priority. We are desperate for a pass rush.ey are not getting any younger either.

We also might need to take a serious look at the offensive line. especially if we lose Iupati and Boone is playing poorly as well.

Unless an amazing player falls to us at another position I would love to see the 49ers go offensive and defensive line in rounds 1 and 2.

so that means a G inround 2? Or would you also consider bringing in some real competition for staley and davis?
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

so that means a G inround 2? Or would you also consider bringing in some real competition for staley and davis?
If we keep Iupati then I would consider a Tackle but if he goes Guard looks to be the bigger need unless we sign a FA. Our O-line is not playing well, especially for how well some of them are being paid.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by communist:
any prototypical 5-technique DE who is worth mentioning. Let's say round 2-3?

I'd say round one. What other position is worth spending a first round pick on?

Replacing Crabs is #1 priority (assuming he doesn't resign...which I don't think he does) and then DE is #2.

What sucks is we had our future DE in the bag with Tuitt in round 2 last year and Baalke pissed away the opportunity.

Baalke is proving to be extraordinary near sighted in the last 3 drafts.

This. I commented in another thread I wouldn't mind moving up for a 3-4 DE, though it probably will not be be necessary with the talent available in round one. With that said, I'd be on board with making a trade back into the first to pick up a receive like Rashad Greene or Jalen Strong. I like the potential of Ellington and Patton. but I expect Crabtree to be gone, and would like to have a guy that can come in and start immediately. We also have to keep in mind 2015 could be Anquan Boldon's last season, and even if it isn't, we will be in bad shape if we are still dependent on him to be our number one guy. So in spite of the fact that we have some good receivers in front of our young guys, we need to approach the draft with the understanding we are replacing two starters (Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin).
Hey AB are there any stats on which teams consistently select the best talent?
Share 49ersWebzone