There are 127 users in the forums

DeVante Parker - WR - Louisville

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/96708/louisville-feels-the-need-for-speed

the above link proved me wrong about Parker`s speed and it explain why his 40 time last year was soooo slow ,I`m on board with the 9ers drafting Him in the 1st round.
Take a little time and read the article, it has a lot to do with ex-coach Charely Strong offense and defense very interesting.
I can't find any reason not to draft DeVante Parker...I can see both Patton and Ellington playing more significant roles next year, but what we lack is a big, fast WR who can get separation and make big plays. That's DeVante Parker. Nuff said.
Thought he looked good - not great - against Georgia in the Bowl game. He found seams a few times, but only created separation a couple of times. Good hands. Decent RAC, but nothing spectacular.

Hardly a "can't miss" prospect based on this performance.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Thought he looked good - not great - against Georgia in the Bowl game. He found seams a few times, but only created separation a couple of times. Good hands. Decent RAC, but nothing spectacular.

You must not have watched much. His QB didn't help him at all get YAC and on the great play where he picked up the 1st on a 3rd and 20, that was all him.

Please don't knock a guy based on one game. This kid is a stud.
Originally posted by daragon:

Oh - not saying he isn't. Hadn't had an opportunity to catch any Louisville games this year, so hadn't seen much except highlight. Since his name is cropping up in the WZ, thought I would try to see how he did in a big game. Watched almost the whole thing. No, his QB didn't do real well. He did have a couple of impressive runs, but nothing spectacular. Heck, Crabtree looked far better in several of his College games than Parker did. Don't want another Crabtree.

I was just hoping to see one of those games where he showed that he could turn a game around or completely dominate. He didn't.

Oh - not saying he isn't. Hadn't had an opportunity to catch any Louisville games this year, so hadn't seen much except highlight. Since his name is cropping up in the WZ, thought I would try to see how he did in a big game. Watched almost the whole thing. No, his QB didn't do real well. He did have a couple of impressive runs, but nothing spectacular. Heck, Crabtree looked far better in several of his College games than Parker did. Don't want another Crabtree.

I was just hoping to see one of those games where he showed that he could turn a game around or completely dominate. He didn't.

He still had a really solid stat line. Also, he did catch a difficult TD that was overturned.
TBH i like parker over cooper. i think they will be like watkins and beckham where cooper will get all the hype and someone will snag parker in the low teens and he will contribute more and be more dependable.

you cant knick pick on games. a lot of elite players have bad games
I'd love to see the 2015 crop of WRs match the 2014 version. It would be great for the game. That being said, this crop is not even close to that level. The most sure thing is Cooper, who is ready to play now. However, I wouldn't grade him any better than fourth in where I graded my list of top graded WRs last year, preseason.
1. Watkins
2. Evans
3. Beckham
4. Cooper

I think Parker has the best upside of any WR in this class, and right now grade him slightly lower than Cooper because I see Cooper as a more polished product. That may change this offseason. I'd probably grade Hardy as my number three WR right now, and White afterwards. I see a lot of guys in this class that have issues that could significantly delay their productivity, whether it be route running, hands, off the field issues, maturity, or lack of experience. The raw skills are there, but I just don't see much in the way of productivity for the first couple of years for the large majority of the top ten rated guys, unlike the 2014 crop that came in and produced right away.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 1, 2015 at 2:40 AM ]

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/96708/louisville-feels-the-need-for-speed

the above link proved me wrong about Parker`s speed and it explain why his 40 time last year was soooo slow ,I`m on board with the 9ers drafting Him in the 1st round.
Take a little time and read the article, it has a lot to do with ex-coach Charely Strong offense and defense very interesting.

After watching Parker in His Bowl game ,I still DO NOT see the "Football Speed" on the field,He MAY run 4.40 in the combine or at Louisville pro-day but I just don`t see the speed on the field sorry but, I pass,unless you guys want another possesion Wideout...perfer Sammie Coates,Kevin White,Amari Copper, Phillip Dorsett, Tyler Lockett,Duke Williams, these Guys Got speed Football speed.I really Like Sammie Coates,dude is big and muscular He would Man Handle Dick Sherman ass, you guys need to really look at Coates I did not realize he was tha Big wow and He is fast

If your aren't going to draft a player who doesn't outperform Crabtree in college then there is only a handful of WRs in the NFL you would have drafted. You wouldn't have drafted any WRs in the past few years. Maybe Fitgerald, Moss, and Jerry Rice. 2 Biletnikoffs is hard 2 beat. Even Megatron, Green, J Jones were drafted because of size speed potential more than college performance. Maybe you could argue Dez put up similar college highlights (nobody can touch his numbers). But the rest of the pro bowl roster (Brown, Nelson, Thomas) wouldn't fit your drafting criteria.

If he runs a 4.3 40 at the combine. He won't make it to 15.
After watching Parker in His Bowl game ,I still DO NOT see the "Football Speed" on the field,He MAY run 4.40 in the combine or at Louisville pro-day but I just don`t see the speed on the field sorry but, I pass,unless you guys want another possesion Wideout...perfer Sammie Coates,Kevin White,Amari Copper, Phillip Dorsett, Tyler Lockett,Duke Williams, these Guys Got speed Football speed.I really Like Sammie Coates,dude is big and muscular He would Man Handle Dick Sherman ass, you guys need to really look at Coates I did not realize he was tha Big wow and He is fast

I agree that Parker isn't that fast, but Coates is certainly not better than him. He's raw and not ready to contribute in the way Parker can or perhaps ever will. And speed is overrated. The Cardinals' passing attack was dominant with Fitzgerald and Boldin a few years back. No speed needed there.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:

I agree that Parker isn't that fast, but Coates is certainly not better than him. He's raw and not ready to contribute in the way Parker can or perhaps ever will. And speed is overrated. The Cardinals' passing attack was dominant with Fitzgerald and Boldin a few years back. No speed needed there.

well in the case of the Niners it is not overated because they have not had any since T.O. and it is needed to open up things underneath as well as loosening up defenses in the box
Share 49ersWebzone