LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

DE Shawn Oakman- Baylor

In a game of leverage or speed, Oakman has neither. Hence his greatest problem. Either he has to get faster (good luck), or hit the weights for his lower body. Simply plays too high to be effective in run support, and cannot bend around the corner or bull rush the opposition on passing downs.
Wasn't impressed at all with his combine. For such a physically buff monster that some have called him his bench was quite weak, vert was very average. This guy has bust all over him. I can't see him going till day 3 personally. Some team may take him in the 3rd. But I think he is overrated.
Best shot of making this team is moving him to TE in my opinion lol
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Best shot of making this team is moving him to TE in my opinion lol

Did you see him trying to catch passes in the LB drills? it wasn't pretty
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Well someone isnt getting drafted....

Alex Dunlap‏@AlexDunlapNFL
BREAKING: #Baylor DE and NFL draft hopeful Shawn Oakman the latest BU player under investigation for Sexual Assault. Story coming.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:

BREAKING: #Baylor DE and NFL draft hopeful Shawn Oakman the latest BU player under investigation for Sexual Assault. Story coming.

buh bye Draft stock and NFL career.

I could be wrong, maybe it's not cool of me to do, but I always assume this type of thing is BS and a chick just trying to get the money from a settlement because he's going to have money now.

If it's true, then he deserves to have it hurt him. If it's false, I feel for the dude
Originally posted by Zachary:

I could be wrong, maybe it's not cool of me to do, but I always assume this type of thing is BS and a chick just trying to get the money from a settlement because he's going to have money now.

If it's true, then he deserves to have it hurt him. If it's false, I feel for the dude
usually these claims are false but nonetheless they always hurt draft stock.

Would be surprised if Oakman is drafted if they don't put this story to rest by the draft. I would be all in for picking him up as a UDFA
Oakman was a mess on an off the field before this accusation. I think he goes undrafted now.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Oakman was a mess on an off the field before this accusation. I think he goes undrafted now.

To think a lot of people (including me) thought he was going to be a top 10 pick last year

• rant
  • Veteran
he'll always have a home in dallas I suppose
KCEN News ‏@KCENNews 6m6 minutes ago

#BREAKING Former Baylor defensive end Shawn Oakman arrested in connection to a sexual assault investigation.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Dallasssssssssssssss, he's on your way!!!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
Dallasssssssssssssss, he's on your way!!!!

Sure. Let him trouble in Dallas and destroy for dallas team.
And kiss is career goodbye
Share 49ersWebzone