LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

DE Shawn Oakman- Baylor

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just having fun dude

6-7 280 LB guys are supposed to be able to do stuff like that though. He's a athletic freak

This. That shows a tremendous amount of explosiveness......boggles my mind that someone would be like "so what, not impressed, meh."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just having fun dude

6-7 280 LB guys are supposed to be able to do stuff like that though. He's a athletic freak

This. That shows a tremendous amount of explosiveness......boggles my mind that someone would be like "so what, not impressed, meh."

Ok I'm about as impressed as seeing a WR run a 4.4, that's good that's what you want to see but as NY said you expect to see that.

That's how high he jumped, I "seriously" don't understand what else there is to look at other then him pulling his legs up quickly
Originally posted by Since07:

That's how high he jumped, I "seriously" don't understand what else there is to look at other then him pulling his legs up quickly

LOL you do understand he has to jump up? their is a thing called gravity, not sure why your trying to argue this
[ Edited by NYniner85 on May 23, 2015 at 6:33 AM ]
LOL you do understand he has to jump up? their is a thing called gravity, not sure why your trying to argue this

I guess I don't understand, the first thing I said was "this is how high he jumped"

I guess I don't understand, the first thing I said was "this is how high he jumped"

That picture is when he STARTED to jump, not sure what your trying to get at?

You're a moron. Re-watch the video. His butt gets up to the bottom of the E in the background which is much higher than you're claiming he gets. It's still probably only 15 inches or so, but not many athletes can do that with 70 pound dumbells.

He's no JJ Watt, but this is still impressive.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
You're a moron. Re-watch the video. His butt gets up to the bottom of the E in the background which is much higher than you're claiming he gets. It's still probably only 15 inches or so, but not many athletes can do that with 70 pound dumbells.

Youre right that is about double what I said. still not impressed.
[ Edited by Since07 on May 23, 2015 at 3:33 PM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

lol don't feed that troll

Im not sure if you work out but a 40 inch box jump is average for someone in their 20's. But with 70 pounds in each of your hands its extremely impressive. You need to be able to generate some quality power to do that. Please go to your local gym and attempt the largest box jump platform they have(thats the one he is using), if you can complete that add 20 pounds to your hands and attempt it and you'll see why its much harder then just being heavier.

1) its adding 140 pounds to your body weight
2) they totally throw off your balance and weight distribution when your moving like that
3) they limit your explosiveness due to not being able to fully utilize your arms and upper body.

Adrain peterson used to do these with 45-50's if Im not mistaken. Just for reference

• 9moon
  • Veteran
the question I'd like to learn about him or his assignment at Baylor, is whether or not he was UNLEASHED or was his role to TAKE ON COMING BLOCKERS so that his teammates can get all the tackles and stats...

If so, should we bother drafting him since we already have one in Arik??
Getting suspended his first game isn't going to help his draft stock.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Getting suspended his first game isn't going to help his draft stock.

What stops a guy like this from playing basketball? seems to have better money and certainly better job security.
Originally posted by Tonedog:
What stops a guy like this from playing basketball? seems to have better money and certainly better job security.

Maybe he's just not good enough to go pro'. Being tall & strong certainly help, but there are much fewer roster spots in the NBA than the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone