There are 268 users in the forums

DE Shawn Oakman- Baylor

Originally posted by btthepunk:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2015/nflmockdraft.html

Has us taking him at 17. Obviously mock drafts in September is very stupid, but it's still fun.

Yup on both counts! Definitely Fun!
How s that other 6'9" German guy doing who was drafted a year or so ago, Werner something?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
How s that other 6'9" German guy doing who was drafted a year or so ago, Werner something?

Werner is 6'3". Do you mean Margus Hunt?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Werner is 6'3". Do you mean Margus Hunt?

Yeah - sorry about that.

How's Hunt doing?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Here is another GIF

Yeah - sorry about that.

How's Hunt doing?

Has played about 5 more snaps than Carradine.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah - sorry about that.

How's Hunt doing?

Who's his coach MIck Fangio
has he torn his ACL yet? If no, why not? Doesn't he want to be a Niner?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah - sorry about that.

How's Hunt doing?

He's certainly on his way to a JJ Watt like career as the board proclaimed when Baalke passed on him.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
He's got a skinny trunk. Looks like he can get pushed around from the point of attack since he doesn't seem to have a good lower body development and may be too tall to get his pad level down.

I mean, he reminds me of Calais Campbell, but Campbell is closer to 300 lbs and has good girth on his legs.

Yea a little worried because he does tend to get too high. But can't say that he is getting pushed around by any means. Another 10 pounds of muscle and this guy would be unstoppable

Fangio has stated in the past that hes not a fan of tall DE because they struggle to keep their pads low. He had a quote in an Okoye artilcle. Of course, that may have something to do with Okoyes lack of football experience.

I love tha5 clip of Oakman extending his arms and bull rushing the tackle.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Phil Bennett (Baylor DC)

He's made progress.

He's not where hehe needs to be though. I'm honest with him. Another year is what he Needs. He's still raw. He's worked hard. The thing about Shawn that's a joy he knows he's got things to work on.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jan 5, 2015 at 10:12 AM ]
Eh, his size and athletic ability are intriguing. But he plays WAY too high. He also seems much better as a 4-3 DE. He gets swallowed up when rushing as a 3-4. He's an interesting player, but I don't know if I want him. He played well against college tackles, but I think he needs to improve significantly if he wants to be a good NFL lineman. Project player that I honestly don't want
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on May 1, 2015 at 4:04 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
AFC Scout

He has freakish size, but he is an average athlete and still so raw. He has good strength and violence at the point but he is an average rusher who wins with length and not speed. I see him as a 4-3 left end who needs a lot of work. I'm not the only scout who feels this way either.
Another guy in the same mold is Arik Armstead. 6'8" and about 290lbs. Even though he has some injury concerns he could be a great pickup. I hope both guys come out so someone can fall to the 49ers second round pick(I want a WR with the first pick)
[ Edited by saniner on Dec 29, 2014 at 9:26 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone