LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Mike Davis - RB - South Carolina

Just ran an unofficial 4.61 with a 10m split of 1.58
Let's go
Will push current backfield to step their game up. love it.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Will push current backfield to step their game up. love it.

Solid insurance for Carlos Hyde who, at times, takes unnecessary contact. While I love the physicality, it's nice to have solid backups!
Poor conditioning/diet: Nothing a chef and access to healthy food won't cure

Motivation: His mom was evicted from home, thus homeless, I think this guy does whatever it takes to keep his job.

I think this is a really nice pick at the end of the 4th.

Jarryd Hayne, welcome to the practice squad.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Good pickup, another issue adressed. Just one more sign that we will attempt more screen passes this year.

Hyde, Hunter, Bush, Davis, Hayne, all can catch out of the backfield.
Davis will spell Hyde, and will be able to pusch the pile in goal line sitautions.
Sounds like a solid pick.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I have him as my #6 RB, putting him around a 4th round, possibly 3rd round grade.

He is very NFL-ready, polished player. I'd compare him to Zac Stacy (which if you follow my draft talk was one of my favorite gems in the draft ). Mike Davis is a very smart RB. I think an NFL OC is going to trust him very easily.

His weakness is his speed. He doesn't have that extra gear to hit to be a homerun threat, but that's not everything in the NFL (hell look at Gore).

edit: Actually as I post this I'd probably move him up to #4 on my pre-season RB list, but oh well, have a whole season for corrections

Nice call dude.
NinerTalk.
Share 49ersWebzone