LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Jay Ajayi - RB - Boise State

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
A "number of teams" have red flagged Boise State RB Jay Ajayi's knee when reviewing medical checks, according to Tony Pauline.

The knee injury (which was described as "shredded") occurred during an attempted theft when Ajayi was 18 years old after just moving to the U.S. for football. Beat writer Chadd Cripe once said "The injury on the field was so bad that coaches wondered if he'd recover." Pauline's report is worth keeping in mind during draft weekend, especially if Ajayi stays on the board longer than expected.
Source: TFY Draft Insider
Apr 20 - 12:43 PM

Doesn't make since, was he injured during his theft attempt or on the football field?

lol, my same thought.

Either way, bad news for the player.
I really can't believe this guy hasn't been selected yet.
Originally posted by WINiner:

We gotta take him if he falls to the 4th
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on May 2, 2015 at 9:37 AM ]
A "number of teams" have red flagged Boise State RB Jay Ajayi's knee when reviewing medical checks, according to Tony Pauline.

The knee injury (which was described as "shredded") occurred during an attempted theft when Ajayi was 18 years old after just moving to the U.S. for football. Beat writer Chadd Cripe once said "The injury on the field was so bad that coaches wondered if he'd recover." Pauline's report is worth keeping in mind during draft weekend, especially if Ajayi stays on the board longer than expected.

I wonder if we can draft this guy and redshirt him because of his arthritic knee and give him 4-6 rounds of regenokine therapy in Germany.
Originally posted by Garlicboy:

I wonder if we can draft this guy and redshirt him because of his arthritic knee and give him 4-6 rounds of regenokine therapy in Germany.

we did it with Lattimore who had a even more serious injury, so I don't see why not
Im guessing the arthritis in his injured knee rumor is true because he should have gone in round 2,maybe 3. He was one of my favorite players in the draft but after Lattimore not sure we can take another risk on another rb.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

we did it with Lattimore who had a even more serious injury, so I don't see why not

Bump.

I tried telling ya'll

Why did didn't we draft him...

And even worse we picked Mike Davis over him.

Can't believe Ajayi dropped all the way to the 5th rd.

Bump.

I tried telling ya'll

I'm more upset that we passed on Tunsil this year. He's been a big factor in their running game along with Mike Pouncey.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

Bump.

I tried telling ya'll

I'm more upset that we passed on Tunsil this year. He's been a big factor in their running game along with Mike Pouncey.

I'm even more upset we passed on Peters for Arik
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

not according to PFF...a lot of those yards were because of Ajayi not the OGs.

"While Miami's offensive line played well in pass protection, they struggled mightily in run blocking with Ja'Wuan James earning the highest grade in that aspect of the game with 65.7. However, this did not prevent second-year running back Jay Ajayi from running for more than 200 yards and single-handedly winning the game for the Dolphins. The former Boise State player was a nightmare to tackle for the Buffalo defenders as he broke 10 tackles on 29 carries and averaged 4.4 yards after contact."

The Bills had 16 missed tackles

Originally posted by NYniner85:
not according to PFF...a lot of those yards were because of Ajayi not the OGs.

"While Miami's offensive line played well in pass protection, they struggled mightily in run blocking with Ja'Wuan James earning the highest grade in that aspect of the game with 65.7. However, this did not prevent second-year running back Jay Ajayi from running for more than 200 yards and single-handedly winning the game for the Dolphins. The former Boise State player was a nightmare to tackle for the Buffalo defenders as he broke 10 tackles on 29 carries and averaged 4.4 yards after contact."

The Bills had 16 missed tackles

Heh, keep believing Tunsil isn't doing great
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
That OL was banged up until the last 2 weeks. A good OL will make decent RB look great.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

He did well in pass protection but wasn't a run blocking stud (which was his issue in college) ajayi forced 10 missed tackles and a ton of his yards were obviously after contact.

Sorry if you don't like What PFF has to say, I'm not the one righting and doing the football analytics

I don't think he sucks by the way he has improved
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 25, 2016 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He did well in pass protection but wasn't a run blocking stud (which was his issue in college) ajayi forced 10 missed tackles and a ton of his yards were obviously after contact.

Sorry if you don't like What PFF has to say, I'm not the one righting and doing the football analytics

I don't think he sucks by the way he has improved

#1 PFF is full of s**t, but if you want to use them, fine

"It's no coincidence that Jay Ajayi's back-to-back 200 yard games have come with an uptick in play from Tunsil. The Dolphins' left guard is sandwiched between two seasoned vets in Branden Albert and Mike Pouncey, and the rookie is outplaying them both. He's the third-highest graded guard in the league over the past two weeks. The name of the game in the Dolphins' outside-zone-heavy scheme is control, and Tunsil isn't letting guys separate off his blocks."
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-nfl-rookies-entering-week-8/

#2 Check the highlights and follow what Tunsil is doing

You really don't see Tunsil doing a good job run blocking on those highlights?
#1 PFF is full of s**t, but if you want to use them, fine

"It's no coincidence that Jay Ajayi's back-to-back 200 yard games have come with an uptick in play from Tunsil. The Dolphins' left guard is sandwiched between two seasoned vets in Branden Albert and Mike Pouncey, and the rookie is outplaying them both. He's the third-highest graded guard in the league over the past two weeks. The name of the game in the Dolphins' outside-zone-heavy scheme is control, and Tunsil isn't letting guys separate off his blocks."
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-10-nfl-rookies-entering-week-8/

#2 Check the highlights and follow what Tunsil is doing

You really don't see Tunsil doing a good job run blocking on those highlights?

I was gonna put up those highlights as well...hell yeah that second run looked like a great block from him. He wasn't opening up big lanes as the game went on though...ajayi was breaking through all kinds of tackles. Tunsil is improving and getting pouncey and Albert back is huge.

It's cool if you don't like PFF I do...go look at who's a top their rankings at different positions it's the same people that everyone thinks is good.

FYI if I was to draft a OT instead of Buckner I would have gone with Conklin.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Oct 25, 2016 at 10:22 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone