LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jay Ajayi - RB - Boise State

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133352/jay-ajayi

NFL Media analyst Charles Davis believes Boise State RB Jay Ajayi "runs with vision, strength and balance," and could be the third-rated RB in the class.
"Watching tape-RBs Gurley and Gordon are clearly the top 2-3rd RB? Jay Ajayi of Boise St-Runs with vision, strength, balance, catches it well, too," Davis tweeted. The Boise State prospect offers a potential three-down-back skill-set, and brings a nice combination of power and open field athleticism to the table. Ajayi recorded 50 receptions out of the backfield for 536 yards and four touchdowns, while rushing for 1823 yards with 28 touchdowns. The versatile back could hear his name called in the second-round of the draft

I really like this kid! could you imagine Hyde/Ajayi in the back field for the next 3 + years
49ers met with him after his pro-day
stud
I like Ajayi, have him as my 4th round RB and a 2nd round pick
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I'm guessing you probably meant "ranked" -- but in any case, I think Ajayi does go in the 2nd and stands a good chance at being the 3rd RB selected in this class. Likely going at the top of the 2nd to one of the following teams: Oakland, Jacksonville, NYJ, Atlanta, or Minnesota.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I'm guessing you probably meant "ranked" -- but in any case, I think Ajayi does go in the 2nd and stands a good chance at being the 3rd RB selected in this class. Likely going at the top of the 2nd to one of the following teams: Oakland, Jacksonville, NYJ, Atlanta, or Minnesota.

Oh woops, I did mean 4th ranked RB
i know he ran into some off the field issues before. anyone remember what it was all about?
If we can land him in the 2nd I want
I would worry about his top speed (although not a big deal gore never had it) but definitely would think about in the 2nd and for sure in the 3rd. He would be a nice consolation prize to missing out on Gordon and Gurley. One reason I'm not sure we take him is because he is somewhat similar to the bigger bruiser back in Hyde. We do have Bush as the change of pace back but are we looking for someone long term in that role? Not sure we can count on Hunter so I'd say its very likely we take a RB in the draft and even if we have Hunter we have 4 RB's (Hyde, Bush, DP/Hunter). I'd be happy to come out of this draft with Gurley, Gordon, Ajayi or Coleman. Possibly Duke Johnson as well.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
i know he ran into some off the field issues before. anyone remember what it was all about?

Dude got caught stealing sweatpants from Walmart. Who knows how many sweatpants he successfully stole before that doe.

How many pair do you need? Cold in Boise.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Dude got caught stealing sweatpants from Walmart. Who knows how many sweatpants he successfully stole before that doe.

So dude likes to punch the clown in class, and he's embarassed of the stains. Perfectly reasonable and victimless crime (Walmart doesn't count).
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

So dude likes to punch the clown in class, and he's embarassed of the stains. Perfectly reasonable and victimless crime (Walmart doesn't count).

If he's smart he'll have his agent demand a lifetime supply of sweatpants clause in his contract.
A "number of teams" have red flagged Boise State RB Jay Ajayi's knee when reviewing medical checks, according to Tony Pauline.

The knee injury (which was described as "shredded") occurred during an attempted theft when Ajayi was 18 years old after just moving to the U.S. for football. Beat writer Chadd Cripe once said "The injury on the field was so bad that coaches wondered if he'd recover." Pauline's report is worth keeping in mind during draft weekend, especially if Ajayi stays on the board longer than expected.
Source: TFY Draft Insider
Apr 20 - 12:43 PM
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
A "number of teams" have red flagged Boise State RB Jay Ajayi's knee when reviewing medical checks, according to Tony Pauline.

The knee injury (which was described as "shredded") occurred during an attempted theft when Ajayi was 18 years old after just moving to the U.S. for football. Beat writer Chadd Cripe once said "The injury on the field was so bad that coaches wondered if he'd recover." Pauline's report is worth keeping in mind during draft weekend, especially if Ajayi stays on the board longer than expected.
Source: TFY Draft Insider
Apr 20 - 12:43 PM

Doesn't make since, was he injured during his theft attempt or on the football field?
Share 49ersWebzone