LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Jay Ajayi - RB - Boise State

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I'd take the guy early 2nd... I think we should get out of the 1st round, and land more 2nd or 3rd round and target this kid.. infact, we should give him #21 next year..
If we could pull off a trade down and end up with Jay Ajayi, Devin Smith, and a DL in the 1st 3 rounds I'd be stoked
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I'd take the guy early 2nd... I think we should get out of the 1st round, and land more 2nd or 3rd round and target this kid.. infact, we should give him #21 next year..

I can see Baalke trading down in the 1st with Carolina at #25 and picking up an extra 2nd. I would even trade down again from #25 and pick up another 2nd.
With 3 picks in the 2nd, Niners could go Jay Ajayi RB, Devin Smith WR and Preston Smith DE.
Originally posted by crew:

I can see Baalke trading down in the 1st with Carolina at #25 and picking up an extra 2nd. I would even trade down again from #25 and pick up another 2nd.
With 3 picks in the 2nd, Niners could go Jay Ajayi RB, Devin Smith WR and Preston Smith DE.

Been watching a lot of tape on Preston Smith got the long arms Baalke likes just needs to be coached up. IF the draft went this way for our 1st 3 picks I'd be pumped.

I think Jay is the 3rd best all-around RB in the draft and everyone knows how I feel about Smith Not sure Smith makes it to the 2nd though.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

This would be my way of thinking for the upcoming draft... the past few years, I wanted to move up in order to go after the player we are targeting..

but this year, I would rather trade down (just like the one above) and hope to land...

(DE) Bud Dupree
(RB) Jay Ayari
(CB) BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

This would be my way of thinking for the upcoming draft... the past few years, I wanted to move up in order to go after the player we are targeting..

but this year, I would rather trade down (just like the one above) and hope to land...

(DE) Bud Dupree
(RB) Jay Ayari
(CB) BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

Where is Bud lining up? He is a edge rusher and is a OLB already got a couple of those
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
that's right, an EDGE rusher, so u can see him taking over Aldon and his LOOSE SCREWS...
that's right, an EDGE rusher, so u can see him taking over Aldon and his LOOSE SCREWS...

Oh so your not a Smith fan lol.

So now that Smith is clean you want SF to let him go? Why would SF stand by him after all the suspensions and media crap finally get him back, just to let him go

You don't dump great pass rushers....
What impresses me is Ajayi's versatility...almost 1700 yds on the ground w/25 Tats and 45 catches for 536 yds & 4 Tats. That's a lot of offense...he'd be a great pick.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
What impresses me is Ajayi's versatility...almost 1700 yds on the ground w/25 Tats and 45 catches for 536 yds & 4 Tats. That's a lot of offense...he'd be a great pick.

Like Ajayi as well with the 2nd pick. If not there, then David Johnson or Cobb.

Best stop and start rusher in this draft. One of five guys who have breakaway speed at RB in this draft. Have him in a dog fight for my number three with Tevin Coleman, who will probably run a sub 4.50 tomorrow. I think Ajayi will run somewhere in the mid 4.5s
Just ran a 4.62 with a 1.62 10m split

Second attempt at 4.57 with 1.6
[ Edited by Quest4six on Feb 21, 2015 at 11:55 AM ]
I have watched every Boise State game the last few years and Ajayi has really stepped up his blocking and receiving. He has been a beast running since the get-go.

My biggest fear about the guy is that he is a streaky fumbler. He did MUCH better in 2014 in that regard. Hopefully he has this aspect of his game fixed because fumblers do not last in the NFL.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Oh so your not a Smith fan lol.

So now that Smith is clean you want SF to let him go? Why would SF stand by him after all the suspensions and media crap finally get him back, just to let him go

You don't dump great pass rushers....

It is when he is CLEAN that scares me the most... just the time he is getting back to his All Pro form, then he'll be stupid enough to do something dumb again...
Just imagine...Hyde and Ajayi. That combo could be something special...they could wear out a lot of defenses. All the more reason our OL needs to get back to the level they were before last season. Much as I love and respect Gore, I'm leaning toward saving the $$ and drafting a guy like Ajayi. The cap space we'd save on Gore could be used elsewhere.
Share 49ersWebzone