Height 6-0
Weight 221
Boise State #27

Highlight Tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6POIPz2pGPs
[ Edited by DeUh on Mar 8, 2015 at 3:14 PM ]
Lol the highlight tape says he is 6'2 230 and that his OC claims he runs a 4.3
If that's the case... Do want
I'm pretty high on Ajayi, I have him as the 3rd RB, only behind Gurley and Gordon.

He looks like he is 215lbs and runs a 4.45. Similar to Charles Sims who was taken in the 3rd round.

I think Ajayi is a more promising back than Sims though.

Ajayi has good amount of shiftiness to his game, without doing too much. Typically one move and cuts north-south, which is all you can do in the NFL. He needs work on blocking and ball security, more patience at times behind blockers.

Right now I think an NFL scout would put him 2nd-3rd rounder. With a great year he can sneak into the end of the 1st.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
2014 Season Stats After 12 Games

305 Rush Attempts
5,4 Rush Yards Per Attempt
1635 Rushing Yards
24 Touchdowns
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Nov 11, 2014 at 12:45 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
late 1st to me, could be THAT back if Latt really can't make it back!!

at best, he could be a Ricky Watter type of talent.. and at worst, he can be a Joseph Addai type of back..
[ Edited by 9moon on Oct 31, 2014 at 4:49 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Bucky Brooks: Boise States Jay Ajayi Generating Buzz

Most of the national attention on the running back position has been directed towards Melvin Gordon, Telvin Coleman and James Conner for their spectacular efforts but Ajayi is beginning to generate some buzz on the West Coast with his sensational production as the Broncos workhorse runner.

The junior standout has notched seven straight games with 100-plus rushing yards including a 229-yard effort against Utah State that clinched the teams berth in the Mountain West Championship Game.

The "J-Train" has been a monster running between the tackles for the Broncos, exhibiting outstanding vision, pitter-pat and toughness.

With Ajayi also displaying home-run speed and acceleration, scouts should pay close attention to the burgeoning superstar who is running rampant in the Mountain West.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437358/article/scouts-take-boise-states-jay-ajayi-generating-buzz

He looks really good. He is quick and fast and has good vision. I like him a lot. I like Melvin Gordon more but Ajayi is good IMO.
Originally posted by 9moon:
late 1st to me, could be THAT back if Latt really can't make it back!!

at best, he could be a Ricky Watter type of talent.. and at worst, he can be a Joseph Addai type of back..

I really miss having that type of player. I think if Ricky Watters either a) stayed in San Francisco and Mike Shanahan was calling the plays or b) he followed Shanahan to Denver instead of signing with Philly, Watters would easily be in the Hall of Fame. He was that type of talent. Very versatile as a runner and receiver and I would love the mix of that type of player with Carlos Hyde.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Boise State Football

Jay Ajayi announced that he will enter the NFL Draft. Thank you and good luck, Jay!

I love this dude. Big but has great agility. Would love to draft him but don't see that happening due to need and where he'll go.
This guy is a beast.
Bump

I think this guys is a monster...if he is there in 2nd or 3rd???
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Bump

I think this guys is a monster...if he is there in 2nd or 3rd???

Agreed. Runs with power and leverage. I can see him being a great complement to Hyde. Backfield will just Bludgeon...Bludgeon...Bludgeon
He's got some Lynch in him! hard to take down
Share 49ersWebzone