There are 240 users in the forums

QB late next year???

If the Niners picked a qb late next year who would you think would be a good fit.I'd think Braxton Miller mainly because he's a tremendous athlete with a huge arm and has experience in the pistol.I personally think he's gonna fall to round 4 or later because of his raw talent and that some teams are going to consider him a system QB.
IDK if Braxton is a QB at the next level. Pretty good arm, but he's WILDLY inconsistent and I don't think he has the mental makeup you'd want from a QB. Lacks those leadership qualities... and he's very, very frail. I questioned his toughness his first three years, but he showed me something against Clemson. Showed a lot of heart & balls in that game. If he builds on that and improves then he could project as a late round prospect, I suppose.

One thing he does posses, though, is unmatched running ability. His short-area quickness and agility is jaw-dropping, TBH. And he's a thickly built guy who can run through tackles.
I don't think we draft a QB next year, if Gabbert is doing as well as I have been reading we don't have a need there.
Plus Braxton is probably going to go in the 2-4th rounds, still to high for me to take him on this team.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Jul 1, 2014 at 10:31 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't think we draft a QB next year, if Gabbert is doing as well as I have been reading we don't have a need there.
Plus Braxton is probably going to go in the 2-4th rounds, still to high for me to take him on this team.

agree, specially if Gabbert does well. We'll probably use the roster spot for defense, and specifically the Cornerback position.
we can always give J.T O'Sullivan a call
Cody Kessler, if he comes out.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Cody Kessler, if he comes out.

Don't trust USC players.Especially QBs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Quest4six:

agree, specially if Gabbert does well. We'll probably use the roster spot for defense, and specifically the Cornerback position.

Gabbert is only signed for this year. He will be a free agent after this coming season.

Kaepernick and McLeod Bethel-Thompson are the only two quarterbacks on the roster for the 2015 season.

If Bethel-Thompson does not do well, we might be picking a quarterback in the 2015 draft.
Originally posted by buck:
Gabbert is only signed for this year. He will be a free agent after this coming season.

Kaepernick and McLeod Bethel-Thompson are the only two quarterbacks on the roster for the 2015 season.

If Bethel-Thompson does not do well, we might be picking a quarterback in the 2015 draft.

I don't think Baalke traded a 6th round pick to have a back-up QB walk away in FA next year, I'm thinking he will get re-signed here shortly or at the end of next season depending on how well he does in the practice squad.
Also from what I've been hearing it seems the Greg Roman really likes him
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Greg-Roman-Praises-Blaine-Gabbert-in-Micd-Up/a52c1290-3835-4c2e-a447-e760731efaf5
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
B-T is better than gabbert

• xcfan
  • Veteran
speaking of QBs, i'm dumbfounded by this Big Board by rob rang. stanford's kevin hogan at #8!? that guy has a wet-noodle arm, and isn't worth drafting because he has 0% chance of ever being a winning nfl qb.
he may be nice sized and smart and a leader and savvy, but he can't make winning nfl throws...period.
am i delusional?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/big-board
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i wonder if montana will put together a nice season and get drafted?

this looks decent:

this needs work. c'mon joe, get your kid to tighten up his form:
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nah I don't think the 9ers take a QB next year with Gabbert and Faulkner on the roster. Sure Gabbert will be a free agent, but Baalke, Harbaugh and Roman like Gabbert and have no doubt in my mind he will be re-signed. Faulkner, hand picked by Harbaugh is another QB I'm pretty sure they're excited about, after all they looked at film on all the college QB's in this past draft and liked him the best and were prepared to use a pick (7th round) on him. I think they're set behind Kaepernick as of right now.

Too bad they didn't wait till 2015 to select a back up though or held out trading for Gabbert. I would have loved to see or hoped to see Sean Mannion as a 49er.
Originally posted by xcfan:
speaking of QBs, i'm dumbfounded by this Big Board by rob rang. stanford's kevin hogan at #8!? that guy has a wet-noodle arm, and isn't worth drafting because he has 0% chance of ever being a winning nfl qb.
he may be nice sized and smart and a leader and savvy, but he can't make winning nfl throws...period.
am i delusional?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/big-board

No you're not. IMO Hogan is among the worst QBs in the NCAA to start. I would venture to say that of the top 45 teams he is the worst starting QB.
They are a running team first and Hogan is a run first QB.

It's funny, if you want to beat Stanford all you have to do is get out in front early and force them to throw. They'll run the ball 50 times a game before letting Hogan throw 10 passes.

Seriously watch that Utah game and you'll see his "talents"
If they are pleased with Blaine Gabbert as a backup, I can see them bringing in an UDFA quarterback. In order for them to draft one, he would have to posses CRAZY value. For example, if Aaron Murray were available in the 6th, of course you draft him.
Share 49ersWebzone