LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

Marry, Boff, Kill...49er draft

• xcfan
  • Veteran
marry: rookie we can count on (mentally & physically) for long-term, positive production through thick and thin.
boff: rookie who has something about him you lust over in a big way.
kill: rookie who just doesn't do it for you; want him gone. you favored someone else.

marry: marcus martin -- has a good head, and a body that can take it all and dish it out. a mainstay.
boff: bruce ellington -- who else? the speed, the movement, the hands, the cool competitiveness on the big stage...here comes some wow! plays.
kill: kenneth acker -- we left a lot of talent on the board while taking an unremarkable player mostly to cover need. there were an healthy handful of guys with way more talent than acker.

who you got?
agreed with Marcus Martin because he can take over Kilgore if he shows his #1 rated center in 2014 draft self. Ellington is going to surprise people, he only had 700-800 yards his final season, but he is good at his routes, and he gets fast! Acker is a toss up, im curious as to what the 2 guys before him (Aaron Lynch and Keith Reaser) do. Should be a fun and entertaining season..Tank is back and Lattimore is continuing to get healthy and challenge for a spot as a backup running back.
Borland/Ward
Hyde
Acker

I'm morman...jk
Originally posted by xcfan:
marry: rookie we can count on (mentally & physically) for long-term, positive production through thick and thin.
kill: rookie who just doesn't do it for you; want him gone. you favored someone else.

marry: marcus martin -- has a good head, and a body that can take it all and dish it out. a mainstay.
boff: bruce ellington -- who else? the speed, the movement, the hands, the cool competitiveness on the big stage...here comes some wow! plays.
kill: kenneth acker -- we left a lot of talent on the board while taking an unremarkable player mostly to cover need. there were an healthy handful of guys with way more talent than acker.

who you got?

I don't know about Acker. I recently read the thread on Brock. Go read it. There were a lot of people who thought he was a total loser. A wasted roster space. I wonder how they feel now? Acker may surprise us down the road. I don't know but at this point I will give the 49ers the benefit of the doubt that they saw something in him.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Another thread evaluating our draft class.

excellent. we still need 4 or 5 more

Originally posted by buck:
Another thread evaluating our draft class.

excellent. we still need 4 or 5 more

Haha lighten up! Not much to talk about at this point in the year and I know we are all waiting to see what the new boys can do!

Marry: Hyde-match made in heaven. Love Lattimore, but whether he pans out or not Hyde is gonna help carry this O for a while.
Boff: Ward-If you just hear the size of this kid you may be worried, but if you have ever seen him play you know this kid is a flat out baller! I'm excited to see him behind our front 7. Honorable Mentions: Johnson-love the measureables! Could turn into the CB we really need. Lynch-could be a steal if he gets his head on right and plays to his potential.
Kill: Acker- Agree with everything said above. The biggest head scratcher pick we had. Hope he turns out to be like Brock and surprise us all.

who you got?

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
boff?
Marry: Hyde
Boff: Reaser
Kill: Borland
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
kill borland? really?
don't be surprised if he's playing more than the other scrubs backing up at ilb.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

Am I so old that I have no f**king clue about Marry, Boff, Kill? Apparently so.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Am I so old that I have no f**king clue about Marry, Boff, Kill? Apparently so.

Stepbrothers quote,

"Ok, you got Barbara Walters, Oprah, and Rosie you gotta F^*% one, marry one, kill one"
Thread is a play off that old game
kill borland? really?
don't be surprised if he's playing more than the other scrubs backing up at ilb.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

well the whole point of this game is to promote your opinion. I don't love Borland, I think he's a fantastic player but there wasn't a need for his skills. I am a big believer in Wilhoite and Moody, so I just wouldn't mind to "Kill" Borland, compared to the other players.

Besides, I was going to choose Ramsey, but that would be too easy since he is a 7th rounder
Originally posted by luv49rs:
boff?

I was completely confused at first because I did not know wtf boff meant.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Stepbrothers quote,

"Ok, you got Barbara Walters, Oprah, and Rosie you gotta F^*% one, marry one, kill one"
Thread is a play off that old game

You don't gotta fu#k the one you marry? I guess that happens in real life so I get it lol
Share 49ersWebzone