LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Article 14 2015 Players to Look At

Interesting article.

Man, there are a lot of WR listed. Will next year be another good year for WR?

Opinions on these guys.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353396/article/14-for-14-most-explosive-athletes-in-college-football
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
WR Sammie Coates Auburn

Antwan Goodley is the guy that i expect to put up 1200+ yards this next season for Baylor. He is only 5'10, but he is 225 pounds and has good hands and speed. If he can keep up his work and not get busted for marijuana, peds, etc. i would slate him as a first round pick
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I've been following almost all of these WRs since they were doing gimmicky Signing Day events so it'll be fun to see how they fair or if they declare.

Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott will be great players to watch from Utah

I'm no evaluator but I think Coates could be a great NFL player

And we've seen Phoenix's thread on Diggs. That kid is amazing, if he can stay healthy
Nice read
I've gotta say I'm not a huge fan of many of the prospects eligible for the '15 draft. At first glance it looks like a weak draft class.

Cooper looks like a poor man's Sammy Watkins.
Diggs is nifty, but is he a burner at his size? You'd want a guy his size to be a burner to justify a really high pick.
Vic Beasley doesn't exactly make my eyes pop out.
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, at this point, doesn't look quite as good as Jason Verrett. And I haven't seen another CB who's really wowed me.

...On the other hand, Andrus Peat & Todd Gurley look like the real deal. Peat's probably the reason David Yankey was so overrated all last year.
I've been following Randy Gregory since he was JCing out here in Arizona. I really like him as a prospect. Just a tremendous, relentless pass rusher, needs to develop better against the run but there's a lot you can't teach, outstanding athleticism, instincts, plays aggressively, I see him more as a 4-3 DE but its not beyond the realm of possibility that he could wind up as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Put this guy opposite Aldon and QB's across the league will be upping their insurance policies.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 28, 2014 at 11:02 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Interesting article.

Man, there are a lot of WR listed. Will next year be another good year for WR?

Opinions on these guys.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000353396/article/14-for-14-most-explosive-athletes-in-college-football

That *Anquan Goodly* guy has Anquan Boldin size and a hell of a lot more speed. I'd love to have him on the team and have Kaepernick throwing to him.
Originally posted by Giedi:
That *Anquan Goodly* guy has Anquan Boldin size and a hell of a lot more speed. I'd love to have him on the team and have Kaepernick throwing to him.

Goodley has such a ridiculous build for a receiver, especially considering his speed and quickness. He looks like an old school fullback playing receiver.

Roman-"Meh, I already have fullbacks playing receiver."

Goodley's my favourite player in next year's draft at this point. Not saying he's the BEST player; but if you divide his talent by how much attention he appears to be getting that number would be extremely high IMO.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I've been following Randy Gregory since he was JCing out here in Arizona. I really like him as a prospect. Just a tremendous, relentless pass rusher, needs to develop better against the run but there's a lot you can't teach, outstanding athleticism, instincts, plays aggressively, I see him more as a 4-3 DE but its not beyond the realm of possibility that he could wind up as an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Put this guy opposite Aldon and QB's across the league will be upping their insurance policies.

Screw that dude. Should have been a Boiler.
Diggs gonna be nice
I don't think this is going to be a year people are glad they have high picks. Here's an article from foxsportsone w/ his top 32 players: http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/story/never-too-early-top-32-prospects-for-2015-nfl-draft-051514

He's really high on Mario Edwwards Jr from FSU. I have to disagree. This is a guy with zero pass rush moves IMO. He's good at holding the edge, but at 273 pounds you'd expect that from a RDE. The lack of moves and a level of explosiveness that doesn't exactly blow my mind leads me to believe he's a good prospect but not an elite one. I was hating on Timmy Jernigan all year last season because I thought he was extremely overrated in the offseason, and Mario might be that guy for me this year.

I'm far more impressed with his teammate DT Eddie Goldman. Dude looks like he has the kind of power & quickness you want from a 3-technique DT (Don't know about him playing the 5). In fact, Eddie Goldman might be a big reason why Jernigan looked better than he was.
I was pretty impressed with Nelson Agholor last season. Don't know why he isn't being mentioned with the best receivers in college right now.
Share 49ersWebzone