There are 288 users in the forums

Really Good Read

I really enjoyed this - I hope you all do too.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/75219288/san-francisco-49ers-nfl-draft-review-jimmie-ward-carlos-hyde-chris-borland#!OWjQE
Thanks for posting, best analysis I've seen from the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
A good read--yes

Awesome!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I didn't know Marcus Lattimore can no longer feel the same explosive burst before his injury. If that is indeed true, he would be another wasted pick. I was hoping Lattimore together with Hyde would become the dynamic duo for our backfield looking into the future.

This is rather worrying as I believe Hyde has potential for bust and I was banking more on Lattimore. As for Hyde, I just think he is just a little too slow and from tape I don't think he plays to his size. I don't know, I hope I am wrong. Personally, I would have gone for a more explosive back like Lache Seastrunk.
Originally posted by Rascal:
I didn't know Marcus Lattimore can no longer feel the same explosive burst before his injury. If that is indeed true, he would be another wasted pick. I was hoping Lattimore together with Hyde would become the dynamic duo for our backfield looking into the future.

This is rather worrying as I believe Hyde has potential for bust and I was banking more on Lattimore. As for Hyde, I just think he is just a little too slow and from tape I don't think he plays to his size. I don't know, I hope I am wrong. Personally, I would have gone for a more explosive back like Lache Seastrunk.

Latt says he doesn't feel it yet because he isn't 100% yet .
Not because the explosive burst isn't coming back.
Medical technology has vastly improved since the 90s, blowing out a knee isn't what it used to be.
Now Latts case may be special, but I think he'll come back. (Very optimistic)

Seastrunk doesn't compare to a healthy Latt or Hyde
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Football is not played in the press or in our minds.

We might want to wait and see what happens on the field of play, before we panic.

Here is what Lattimore said, and Lattimore did indicate that what happens in the future and on the field of play is important.

Lattimore concedes that he still lacks the first-step burst, the explosiveness through the hole, that once helped him rush for 1,197 yards with 17 rushing touchdowns as a freshman at South Carolina. Lattimore suspects that part won't come back until he's on the field again and gets the adrenaline boost that comes from being chased by a defender.

"I would say that's the last step on the physical side," he said.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_25702054/49ers-back-wont-let-shredded-knee-halt-nfl
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Quest4six:

Latt says he doesn't feel it yet because he isn't 100% yet .
Not because the explosive burst isn't coming back.
Medical technology has vastly improved since the 90s, blowing out a knee isn't what it used to be.
Now Latts case may be special, but I think he'll come back. (Very optimistic)

Seastrunk doesn't compare to a healthy Latt or Hyde

It says Lattimore concedes that explosive burst is not there right now. He "suspects" (meaning not sure) it will only come back on the field once he gets his adrenaline going when being chased by a defender.

I know medical technology is very advanced these days, but he did tear multiple ligaments. There are limits what modern medicine can do. So, we shall see, but as it stands it doesn't sound all that positive.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Agreed. Awesome read. Thanks
  • buck
  • Veteran
It says Lattimore concedes that explosive burst is not there right now. He "suspects" (meaning not sure) it will only come back on the field once he gets his adrenaline going when being chased by a defender.

I know medical technology is very advanced these days, but he did tear multiple ligaments. There are limits what modern medicine can do. So, we shall see, but as it stands it doesn't sound all that positive.

Lattimore, himself, clearly indicated that what happens on the field has importance.

I did not find anything that he said to be particularly negative, and clearly not negative enough to begin speculating that Lattimore might be, in your words, "another wasted pick."

We really do need to see what happens on the field of play.
[ Edited by buck on May 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUy4kMQobFs

I love it
Can't wait to have all these guys on Madden.

Another wasted pick? Holy overreaction batman.

Even if he didn't have the same explosive burst before his injury doesn't mean he can't play and play well. Frank Gore had a possible HOF career and he had 2 messed up knees and always said he wasn't as fast as he used to be from high school.

Settle down Susan.
Good read thanks
Share 49ersWebzone