There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Boom And Bust

Lol there is no reason for people to think Hyde will be a bust in this offense.
Seriously?

In order of most productive rookie this season...

1. Martin
2. Ward
3. Hyde
4. Ellington
5. Borland

Bust-
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not sure you can ever consider a 7th rounder a "bust" either, the success rate of those picks has to be under 10% considering how many are out of the NFL within a season.

This.
Originally posted by jimrat:
DGAF

Having watched a ton of Kyle Williams along with quite a bit of Ellington, there's very little in common between then. Williams always had a low ceiling, he was never a very good route runner and didn't seem like he had any interest in improving, he didn't like going across the middle, hands weren't the most dependable and he didn't have anything close to Ellington's quickness and leaping ability. Ellington showed better awareness and intelligence in terms of understanding what defenses were trying to do.

But other than that, yeah, they're the same guy.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
Immediate BOOM: Ward, Martin

Future BOOM: Hyde, Ellington, Millard and Reaser

Immediate BUST: Ramsey (.....hard to pick on a 7th rounder), Lynch (....unless he gets his head on straight).
Seriously guys? Hyde will BOOM BOOM BOOM.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Boom=Lynch, Martin

Bust=Hyde

IF I had to pick a bust and only because I am concerned that I can not find a single highlight of him running out of a formation other than pistol and usually through a gaping hole, though I have been impressed by some of the small holes he was able to shrink through, being as big as he is. They were few and far between though.

You know he only ran the Pistol since urban was there right. He ran a pro style before that. Best of both! Which so happens we also run both types of offenses.. Plus the backfield wont be crowded next year. Hyde gonna be the unsung hero in this Offense...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Too many LBs/CBs -- bust will come from one or more (not making the 53). I can't really call bust on any of the rooks that make the 53 until we see enough (is enough).

Mock Boom - Ward (immediate starter/in on most plays).

Mock Bust - Ramsey (who is he going to bump off the rotation)... might be riding pine all season if he sticks.

Who did RJF bump off the roster when he was drafted? I think the plan for a guy like Ramsey is to put him on the practice squad for a season or two, similar to RJF, TJE and Ian Williams and then bring him up to the active roster.

Not sure you can ever consider a 7th rounder a "bust" either, the success rate of those picks has to be under 10% considering how many are out of the NFL within a season.

We were lucky that RJF turned out good... the rotation / depth wasn't as promising as it seems to be now.

I only picked Ramsey cause of our depth there. "Not sure you can ever consider a 7th rounder a "bust" ... probably not, but I didn't want to find anyone else so, I picked on him
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Boom- Ward. Football player written all over him. Will play like a vet.
Bust- Lynch. Won't have the moves necessary to rush the passer this year.
do you decide after year on a player's uselfulness???
Sadly, I could see Jimmie Ward being a bust.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Sadly, I could see Jimmie Ward being a bust.

Why do you say that?
Boom-

1. Marcus Martin. I believe this was our best draft pick and that he will become our starting center for the next decade. As a 3rd round pick? you cant beat that.

2. Carlos Hyde. Hyde has a chance to become a top 5 RB in the NFL after gore retires. Good value in the middle of the second round.

Bust-

1. Chris Borland. I feel like he will contribute on ST right away but will never contribute at MLB for us. I hope i'm wrong

2. Dontae Johnson. I cringed when we chose this guy two picks after Pierre Desir, I did not like his hustle and run support, I just don't believe johnson will ever be a starting caliber CB.