There are 139 users in the forums

A Year Early - Sleepers for 2015 Draft

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think this upcoming season I will keep a look out for CB, Safety and RB's again. Jalen Mills CB from LSU is at the top of my list!!!
Okay I finished looking at RB's and QB's.

QB - Devin Gardner

RB - DJ Foster
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think this upcoming season I will keep a look out for CB, Safety and RB's again. Jalen Mills CB from LSU is at the top of my list!!!
Dude got lucky, his felony battery case was dropped down to a misdemeanor. And this spring, he's been moved to Safety.
I'm still rockin' the Antwan Goodley hype train, and I will vomit with rage if he's not returning kicks for the Niners next year.

I never imagined the possibility of drafting Todd Gurley, but now that he tore his ACL it's almost guaranteed he'll be a 49er! I always thought Gurley was an even better RB prospect than Lattimore was before the injury; and that's saying a lot. Hyde, Hunter & Gurley next year would make me a very happy NinerSickness / VPofCarnage.

DGB is my absolute must-have though. Teams who pass on him are going to feel like the teams who passed on Randy Moss & Dez Bryant IMO. He's just too talented, athletic, natural locating and catching the ball to pass IMO. Totally worth the risk. I know he could be Carlos Rogers 2.0, but he could also be Dez Bryant 2.0.

Don' t see any must-have defensive prospects in this draft yet (based on where they're now projected). I thought Mario Edwards Jr. was overrated all offseason when he was getting top-10-15 hype, but now that people are more realistic about him he might be my favourite defensive prospect at this point.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
My favorite players to keep an eye on for the 2015 draft (some are sleeper types):

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor
QB - Shane Carden, East Carolina
RB - Jahwan Edwards, Ball State
RB - Shock Linwood, Baylor
WR - Deontay Greenberry, Houston
WR - Justin Hardy, East Carolina
WR - Jamison Crowder, Duke
WR - Titus Davis, Central Michigan
WR - Jamarcus Nelson, UAB
TE - Wes Saxon, South Alabama
TE - Tyreese Russell, Eastern Michigan

DE - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, UCLA
DE - Arik Armstead, Oregon
DT - Josh Tupou, Colorado
OLB - Devonte Fields, TCU
OLB - Randy Gregory, Nebraska
MLB - Ramik Wilson, Georgia
MLB - Jordan Stanton, Wyoming
CB - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
CB - Lorenzo Doss, Tulane
CB - D'Joun Smith, Florida Atlantic
FS - Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State
SS - Isaiah Johnson, Kansas

That is a good list. Lots of talent to choose from.
Ohio State DE Joey Bosa... you never can have too many quality linemen, Defensive or Offensive
Finally got a peek at that Jamison Crowder kid from Duke a few weeks ago. Wouldn't mind having his kind of speed on this team. Seen him compared to Antonio Brown. This is huge for me. I'm a UNC guy. Nothing about Duke ever gets any love from me but this kid has good in-game speed. Exactly what the Niners are missing. Not sure what he'll run 40 wise but on film he's electric.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Dec 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM ]
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Finally got a peek at that Jamison Crowder kid from Duke a few weeks ago. Wouldn't mind having his kind of speed on this team. Seen him compared to Antonio Brown. This is huge for me. I'm a UNC guy. Nothing about Duke ever gets any love from me but this kid has good in-game speed. Exactly what the Niners are missing. Not sure what he'll run 40 wise but on film he's electric.

Go to draftbreakdown and watch his cutup versus Texas A&M in last year's Bowl. He was filthy in that game.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Devin Gardner moving to WR........guy to keep an eye on with his size (6-4) and athletic ability. Will be playing WR at the East/West Shrine game.
Curious how well Titus Davis performs this offseason. He busted every record Antonio Brown held at Central Michigan. Can he raise his game at the next level?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Curious how well Titus Davis performs this offseason. He busted every record Antonio Brown held at Central Michigan. Can he raise his game at the next level?

His brother, Corey, who plays at WMU will be another one to watch in a year or 2. He just finished his Soph year. Was the MAC freshman of the year last year after having 67 catches for 941 yards and 6 TDs, and followed it up this year 78 catches for 1408 and 15 TDs. That Davis family has some good WR genes.
One deep sleeper in this draft to keep an eye on is Louisiana Lafayette DE/DT Christian Ringo, who had 11.5 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss. Size issues may keep him from being a household name during the draft process, but this kid will play in the NFL, and many teams will regret passing on him in the draft.
Tre McBride, WR, William and Mary, is another guy to keep an eye on. Is getting compared to Pierre Garcon. Good route runner who attacks the ball. Plus has experience as a KR. Was invited to the E-W Shrine game and got a Combine invite too.
Share 49ersWebzone