There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Year Early - Sleepers for 2015 Draft

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
This is news to me. I guess I'm not hearing any talk about Goodley at all.

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2011/7/8/2266398/kenny-powers-hires-patrick-willis-kswiss-k-swiss-vp-of-carnage

VPofCarnage I think he wasn't talked about much because of the draft This particular season. He is either a soph or a junior and he has talent written all over him
Originally posted by colinkaepernicks23:
VPofCarnage I think he wasn't talked about much because of the draft This particular season. He is either a soph or a junior and he has talent written all over him

As far as I can tell, Goodley was eligible for the 2013 and 2014 drafts, and I haven't seen anyone mention his name in lists of the best receivers in the nation. Maybe I just missed it all. We're in agreement that he's extremely talented though.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by colinkaepernicks23:

As far as I can tell, Goodley was eligible for the 2013 and 2014 drafts, and I haven't seen anyone mention his name in lists of the best receivers in the nation. Maybe I just missed it all. We're in agreement that he's extremely talented though.

Goodley had 19 career receptions before last year. Why on earth would he have entered the 2013 draft? And he was mentioned a lot during the season last year, but once he decided to return to school, he wasn't spoken about.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Goodley had 19 career receptions before last year. Why on earth would he have entered the 2013 draft? And he was mentioned a lot during the season last year, but once he decided to return to school, he wasn't spoken about.

That's a good point. I didn't check exactly when he said he was going back to school.
I don't know if he's going to be a sleeper by the end of the year, but I'm very impressed with Gaytor DE / DT Jonathan Bullard. He still needs some work, but I absolutely love his burst & how well he gets off the snap. Great lateral movement. Hope he goes relatively unnoticed & then his arms get measured at 35 inches, so Baalke will fall in love with him.
My favorite players to keep an eye on for the 2015 draft (some are sleeper types):

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor
QB - Shane Carden, East Carolina
RB - Jahwan Edwards, Ball State
RB - Shock Linwood, Baylor
WR - Deontay Greenberry, Houston
WR - Justin Hardy, East Carolina
WR - Jamison Crowder, Duke
WR - Titus Davis, Central Michigan
WR - Jamarcus Nelson, UAB
TE - Wes Saxon, South Alabama
TE - Tyreese Russell, Eastern Michigan

DE - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, UCLA
DE - Arik Armstead, Oregon
DT - Josh Tupou, Colorado
OLB - Devonte Fields, TCU
OLB - Randy Gregory, Nebraska
MLB - Ramik Wilson, Georgia
MLB - Jordan Stanton, Wyoming
CB - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
CB - Lorenzo Doss, Tulane
CB - D'Joun Smith, Florida Atlantic
FS - Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State
SS - Isaiah Johnson, Kansas

Oh wow, already a list of favorites

My shot at my own list (subject to a LOT OF CHANGE as the season goes on, lol). Also I'm only listing seniors

QB - Chuckie Keeton,Utah State (If you go back to 2011 when he was a freshman against Auburn, I said he'd be an NFL draft prospect . Doesn't have the same arm strength as Kap, but that is who he will be compared to)

RB - Henry Josey, Mizzou (suffered a major knee injury in 2012 and showed promising glimpses in 2013.

TE - Clive Walford, Miami (Been watching him for what seems like forever)

O-Line - Jamil Douglas, OG, ASU (I've been excited about this guy for a long time, I was worried he'd enter the draft after his junior year. Right now I seem as a 2nd/3rd rounder, and expect him to be a rookie starter in the NFL)

Pass Rush LB - Vic Beasley, Clemson

Really don't know about the other positions, haha
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
My favorite players to keep an eye on for the 2015 draft (some are sleeper types):

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor

Oh wow, already a list of favorites

My shot at my own list (subject to a LOT OF CHANGE as the season goes on, lol). Also I'm only listing seniors

QB - Chuckie Keeton,Utah State (If you go back to 2011 when he was a freshman against Auburn, I said he'd be an NFL draft prospect . Doesn't have the same arm strength as Kap, but that is who he will be compared to)

RB - Henry Josey, Mizzou (suffered a major knee injury in 2012 and showed promising glimpses in 2013.

TE - Clive Walford, Miami (Been watching him for what seems like forever)

O-Line - Jamil Douglas, OG, ASU (I've been excited about this guy for a long time, I was worried he'd enter the draft after his junior year. Right now I seem as a 2nd/3rd rounder, and expect him to be a rookie starter in the NFL)

Pass Rush LB - Vic Beasley, Clemson

Really don't know about the other positions, haha

Yeah those are guys I loved last year or became intrigued by. And Henry Josey plays for the Eagles (went undrafted this year).

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor

Watch for Arik Armstead to get some snaps at the O-Line as well
Originally posted by Quest4six:

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor

Watch for Arik Armstead to get some snaps at the O-Line as well
Yeah? Kid has a huge, huge amount of potential, I hope he can put it all together somehow.
Yeah? Kid has a huge, huge amount of potential, I hope he can put it all together somehow.

Yup. He was actually recruited as an offensive guard.
Not to mention he was a power forward on the Ducks basketball team. This kid is extremely athletic for his size.
I think he is flying under lots of peoples radars for this season. Hopefully he surprises a lot of people.

If he can manage to use his height (6'9) to his advantage (getting better leverage at the LOS) I think he will wind up a first round pick someday (well... hopefully)
Yeah those are guys I loved last year or became intrigued by. And Henry Josey plays for the Eagles (went undrafted this year).

Wow Totally missed that.

Great grab by the Eagles.

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor

I think his nickname is Eye Chart. Yikes!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I think his nickname is Eye Chart. Yikes!

lol I get it.
Considering Ian Williams should be on the last year of his deal in 2015 and we'd still have to resign/extend Glen Dorsey, I wouldn't be surprised if we look at a nose tackle. I doubt we take one high, but the 4th round or lower is most likely where we'd target a player. Anyone to look out for in the 2014 college football season?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Considering Ian Williams should be on the last year of his deal in 2015 and we'd still have to resign/extend Glen Dorsey, I wouldn't be surprised if we look at a nose tackle. I doubt we take one high, but the 4th round or lower is most likely where we'd target a player. Anyone to look out for in the 2014 college football season?

I agree. I'd like to know what the experts here (compared to me at least) say on the players that play primarily NT and DT.