LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

A Year Early - Sleepers for 2015 Draft

Baylor WR Antwan Goodley. For some reason people haven't been talking about this guy very much. Goodley is built like Marshawn Lynch but he has the speed of a Bruce Ellington. I would love to see him on the Niners next year.

On the other hand, is QB Bryce Petty overrated because of that offense & Goodley?
VP ... you are nuts. In a good way.
Originally posted by Scoots:
VP ... you are nuts. In a good way.

Thanks
is there some reason you dont proclaim yourself the president of carnage?
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Baylor WR Antwan Goodley. For some reason people haven't been talking about this guy very much. Goodley is built like Marshawn Lynch but he has the speed of a Bruce Ellington. I would love to see him on the Niners next year.

On the other hand, is QB Bryce Petty overrated because of that offense & Goodley?
Petty is my favorite QB of '15. Goodley I like a lot, but there's a reason Goodley went from a no one, to a star last year, even with Reese hurt. Petty has great arm talent and great accuracy that allows WR's to continue their routes and get YAC. 32:3 TV to INT ratio shows that. Plus he's not a fast guy, but has the toughness to stick his nose into the heart of a defense for TDs (14 rushing TDs). Reminds me of a Blake Bortles, where he'll kind of float under the flashier names (Hundley, Winston, Mariota), but could be viewed as a better pro QB than those 3.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on May 18, 2014 at 9:53 AM ]
My favorite players to keep an eye on for the 2015 draft (some are sleeper types):

QB - Bryce Petty, Baylor
QB - Shane Carden, East Carolina
RB - Jahwan Edwards, Ball State
RB - Shock Linwood, Baylor
WR - Deontay Greenberry, Houston
WR - Justin Hardy, East Carolina
WR - Jamison Crowder, Duke
WR - Titus Davis, Central Michigan
WR - Jamarcus Nelson, UAB
TE - Wes Saxon, South Alabama
TE - Tyreese Russell, Eastern Michigan

DE - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, UCLA
DE - Arik Armstead, Oregon
DT - Josh Tupou, Colorado
OLB - Devonte Fields, TCU
OLB - Randy Gregory, Nebraska
MLB - Ramik Wilson, Georgia
MLB - Jordan Stanton, Wyoming
CB - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
CB - Lorenzo Doss, Tulane
CB - D'Joun Smith, Florida Atlantic
FS - Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State
SS - Isaiah Johnson, Kansas
Its time to start getting excited over a bunch of players Baalke wont draft already? Ok..

Thread
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

Thread

You want a guy that can't stay out of trouble for 1 year? He has all that talent and no common sense. Da'Rick Rogers 2.0
Goodley is not a sleeper..the guy tore it up last season and he's 5'10 225. That is a stud wr do not be surprised if he lands within top 5 wr of 2015 draft class

Originally posted by colinkaepernicks23:
Goodley is not a sleeper..the guy tore it up last season and he's 5'10 225. That is a stud wr do not be surprised if he lands within top 5 wr of 2015 draft class

This is news to me. I guess I'm not hearing any talk about Goodley at all.

Originally posted by hofer36:
is there some reason you don't proclaim yourself the president of carnage?

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/san-francisco-49ers/2011/7/8/2266398/kenny-powers-hires-patrick-willis-kswiss-k-swiss-vp-of-carnage

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on May 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:

Thread

He could end up being a sleeper if people pass on him because of his behavioral concerns. Before his off-field stuff happened people were talking about him like he was going to be a top 5-10 pick.

DGB could the next Randy Moss. He might slide down the draft board because of these concerns and make everyone look stupid in the NFL. But he might also be the next Da'Rick Rogers like Travisty said.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on May 18, 2014 at 2:20 PM ]
Da'rick Rodgers had some big moments last year for the Colts. So his situation looks pretty good at the moment. But this kid out of Mizzou does look like a young Randy Moss only bigger. He is gonna be good and is Crabs leaves then yes move up and grab him cause he went be there at Number 32. Replace 15 with 15?
How's next year's draft class looking? As deep as 2014? I can see see more players staying in school next year especially with so many Jrs going late or undrafted.
Not going to be as deep, but right now it looks like there are more top talents than this year. But it looks like that most years at this time :)
Share 49ersWebzone