There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why the 2012 Draft was a big fail.

FORTY WHINERSSSSSSSSS
That draft was a big fail and yet we still have one of the best and deepest rosters in the NFL. Get over it.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
You are coming into this conversation a little late.

I used LMJ as an example because if Roman would have utilized him more, he probably would have been successful. (therefore Roman and Baalke get credit)

Soo your argument is based on a guess? Some college players do not have the mental make up to be NFL caliber players. Every think that LMJ is just one of those guys who wants to continue to cruise on by on his athletic talent? Ever see any instagrams, tweets or FB posts talking about how hard he's working? I don't. I see him b***hing about how he doesn't get the ball. Maybe if he spent the time he is using to worry about getting the ball and b***hing on twitter actually trying to improve, oooh I don't something like pass protection which blows, he'd get the ball more often.

The LMJ example is the absolutely weakest of the argument against Roman.
In the 2012 draft, the best move was getting 3 or 4 picks for the 2013 draft.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Soo your argument is based on a guess? Some college players do not have the mental make up to be NFL caliber players. Every think that LMJ is just one of those guys who wants to continue to cruise on by on his athletic talent? Ever see any instagrams, tweets or FB posts talking about how hard he's working? I don't. I see him b***hing about how he doesn't get the ball. Maybe if he spent the time he is using to worry about getting the ball and b***hing on twitter actually trying to improve, oooh I don't something like pass protection which blows, he'd get the ball more often.

The LMJ example is the absolutely weakest of the argument against Roman.

Originally posted by WINiner:
Maybe reading the thread and not just parts of it will help avoid this.

You should take your own advice here
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:
In the 2012 draft, the best move was getting 3 or 4 picks for the 2013 draft.

This.
  • Phil
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Nobody knows, not even HarBaalke, why the 2012 draft was a fail. Sometimes, s**t doesn't go the way you planned, and there could be (and often is) a myriad of reasons for that. However, it's in our nature to assign blame and often in the most simplistic ways, instead of understanding the nuances that go into both the decision making process and the variables in play that ultimately produce the final results.

We want/need black and white versions of the story when the vast majority of events in this world are grayish.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry=A proverbial expression used to signify the futility of making detailed plans when the outcome is uncertain.

I respect what you did here.