There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan Breslin DE/OLB USC 49ers UDFA about to get paid

Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by kray28:
Breslin is a legit pass rusher, I didn't even know we got him. He's a frikkin steal.

This! Hoping we can stash him on the PS. Maybe he even competes with Aaron Lynch for a roster spot.

Very injury prone though - he may end up like Darius Fleming...so beware.

His first major injury was last year. He was a JC transfer and started game one in his first SC season. I don't thing he's that injury prone.
I don't really understand how Breslin went undrafted even injured. Love the pickup.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scoots:
I don't really understand how Breslin went undrafted even injured. Love the pickup.

Me either, what was his injury? Ok all I can watch is you-tube highlights, but he looks like a good player.
Breslin actually had 3 injuries last year not just one.

I think in a year or two Breslin could make a good ILB in the 49ers 3-4.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Breslin actually had 3 injuries last year not just one.

I think in a year or two Breslin could make a good ILB in the 49ers 3-4.

Only one of those injuries took him out. He was racking up a s-load of pressures and a couple of nice sacks with those other two. When SC had him, Williams and J.R. on the field, the pressure was awesome. Too bad everyone decided to mail it in during the UCLA game.... which, is why emotion isn't a long term solution to questionable coaching and game planning.
Well that was a short stay. I hope we bring in to the PS later. He is a talented kid
Waived him only to sign another backer. What does that say?
He's going on I.R. after he clears waivers. Another injury redshirt
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
He's going on I.R. after he clears waivers. Another injury redshirt

Nice, I was wondering what happened
Breslin was good in college and i thought he had a decent shot at making the team, basically competing with Jerod-Eddie and Dobbs for backup role. I am really interested in the inside linebacker spot though..Behind Willis there is: Wilhoite, Borland, Skov, and Moody. I think Wilhoite has the best shot to be Willis' counterpart, but Borland is smart and savvy and could de-throne Wilhoite, and Skov was a good player in college that showed tenacity. Moody is not bad, he does have a shot to make the team, but i do not see him as the starter next to willis..
Appears that Breslin will be coming back next offseason, along with Marquardt, I expect the 49ers to put both of them on the injured reserve.
A player who is signed and practices and is then waived, if not picked up automatically goes on IR for the team that waived them IIRC. Next year when they are healthy if the 49ers don't want the risk that they might get hurt again will cut them. That's what happened with Fleming and what I think will probably happen with Marquardt. Breslin is in his first year in that mode so he'll get this year to get healthy and have a shot next year to make the team.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Appears that Breslin will be coming back next offseason, along with Marquardt, I expect the 49ers to put both of them on the injured reserve.

Is there a limit on how many players can go on IR?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Is there a limit on how many players can go on IR?

I don't know for sure but I don't believe so.
Breslin is a FA according to a source I spoke with. He never reverted to IR. Also Marquardt agreed to an injury settlement, he is a FA, also he can't re-sign, since his settlement was for $303K, which covers all 16 games for the 49ers. Not eligible for PS either I believe because of the settlement.