There are 174 users in the forums

Seattle's 2014 draft

Seahawks are now down one pick. 6th rounder Garrett Scott was just waived after a physical revealed an existing heart condition.

"After undergoing an extensive physical with our medical staff last week, Garrett's examination revealed a rare heart condition that will prevent him from any on-field participation in the near future," Seahawks G.M. John Schneider said in a team-issued statement on Friday. "We think highly of Garrett as a person and as a football player. The team is committed to supporting Garrett in the months to come and will continue to help him determine his next steps."
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seahawks are now down one pick. 6th rounder Garrett Scott was just waived after a physical revealed an existing heart condition.

"After undergoing an extensive physical with our medical staff last week, Garrett's examination revealed a rare heart condition that will prevent him from any on-field participation in the near future," Seahawks G.M. John Schneider said in a team-issued statement on Friday. "We think highly of Garrett as a person and as a football player. The team is committed to supporting Garrett in the months to come and will continue to help him determine his next steps."

How does something like that not come up at the combine?
Originally posted by WINiner:
Except the post that started the responses said nothing about bloggers/experts. See that's what this rival fan does. They take an opinion like

This draft felt to me like Seattle was trying to show the rest of the league how much smarter they are than everyone else.

Which was a valid take on the situation considering, but then turns it into bloggers/people which is me and you. It is their way of arguing their original point that Peter Cheater doesn't care what the league thinks, then once they think about it and determine "Yeah that was probably stupid to say" it's turned into people/bloggers which still allows them to be correct, even though they agree that they were unlikely to correct be in the original response, if only privately and in hindsight.

That is all I was pointing out. If you choose to read venom or aggression in that post then that's your issue. You want to be friendly and stick up for closet/ninja s**t stirring rival then again, your business, but don't get pissed when I point out that your argument in defense of that rival is flawed due to the original post that started the dialect.

Maybe reading the thread and not just parts of it will help avoid this.

EDIT: and no I did not think you were a Hawks fan. I been a member of this forum for going to a decade and read it several times a day, every day. I recognize anyone who posts even rarely and you of course post more frequently than that.

TLDR

I'm giving my opinion on somebody's post regardless of how it started.
Sorry if you have an issue with that

Thats the point of a discussion, ideas and their direction constantly change into other ones.
Originally posted by Quest4six:

The spin coming out of Seattle is that the Seahawks only drafted him because they were being nice guys and wanted him to have health insurance.
In the end I think that their draft (as ours) will depend on the coaching. I think that somehow they will get production out of their draft, but I think that we have more depth, and covered more spots of need.
In the end I think that their draft (as ours) will depend on the coaching. I think that somehow they will get production out of their draft, but I think that we have more depth, and covered more spots of need.
The spin coming out of Seattle is that the Seahawks only drafted him because they were being nice guys and wanted him to have health insurance.

I mean this article does help that case

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/classy-seahawks-sign-draft-pick-before-having-to-cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html

If so I applaud the Seahawks. Classy move
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/classy-seahawks-sign-draft-pick-before-having-to-cut-him-due-to-heart-condition-234534881.html

Umm... it doesn't help at all.

They didn't draft him knowing that he would have a heart condition. They found out after drafting him.

They f**ked up and wasted a draft pick.

Not really, it just says that they still went ahead and signed him after the fact, good on them for going through and offering a contract to the guy but we're not even a month out from the draft and already they've blown one pick.
Poor guy. His dream looks like it's over. Not sure of he has or hasn't, but he should finish up his college education if this becomes too difficult for him.

Originally posted by Wodwo:

Umm... it doesn't help at all.

They didn't draft him knowing that he would have a heart condition. They found out after drafting him.

They f**ked up and wasted a draft pick.

I hate when people post on here without reading what the original post responded to.

1. Phoenix claims they only drafted him because they were being nice guys
2. I said that if that was true, then the contract they offered him helps that case

So in theory, it does help.

Are you sure? That sounds like an outrageous stretch. In fact, it sounds so hyperbolic that I doubt even the most biased sports fan would say that.

Where did you read this "spin"? They only thing I've heard is that that, after drafting him and discovering he had a condition, they signed him anyway so that he'd get some perks out of it. That's not really a spin, that is a genuinely classy move by the organization. Are you sure you didn't hear this story and confuse it with 'they knew he had this condition and drafted him anyway because they're great guys?"
I hate when people post on here without reading what the original post responded to.

2. I said that if that was true, then the contract they offered him helps that case

It doesn't help at all. You're grasping at straws.

Them offering the contract is evidence of one thing: they found about the condition after-the-fact (i.e. after they drafted him) and decided to handle it like consummate professionals. Seattle should be applauded for this move, but to they know about it coming into the draft is ridiculous.
[ Edited by theduke85 on May 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Wow. You're hopelessly confused.

Try reading things again.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Wow. You're hopelessly confused.

Try reading things again.

This is probably the case.
Posting on the zone and writing a research paper on quantum gravity doesn't mix well.

My bad guys
[ Edited by Quest4six on May 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone