LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Seattle's 2014 draft

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
I doubt they give a flying fig about who thinks what about their level of intelligence

Lisa, if you are suggesting for one minute that Pete Carroll doesn't care what people think about him, you are nuts.
Originally posted by Existence:
The thing about success, is that you start to think that you are smarter than you actually are.

This draft felt to me like Seattle was trying to show the rest of the league how much smarter they are than everyone else.

I wondered if this occurred to us in 2012. 2011 was a big hit. But, when you get into the the arena of "predicting the future" and have success there is a tendency to give all the credit to skill, when much goes to luck. And credit to skill involves near cockiness and a tendency to get real-brilliant/ real-cute in some of your picks.
Originally posted by Existence:
Lisa, if you are suggesting for one minute that Pete Carroll doesn't care what people think about him, you are nuts.

Then call me cuckoo
Sure seems to me that he and JS care only about continuing to improve their organization, not about what this reporter or that blogger thinks about their process.
I'd hazard a guess that anyone who's achieved their level of success has done so by concerning themselves with doing what they think is best regardless of what others think, not because of it.
I think there's a decent potential that Seattle gets next-to-nothing from both their 2013 and 2014 draft classes.
Interesting picks by the sea-chickens taking wr Paul Richardson with their first 2nd round pick and taking ot Justin Britt with their second 2nd round pick. I honestly believe that the sea-chickens took a loss from the free agency signings. They lost: wr golden tate, ol paul mcquistan, ol breno giacomini, cb walter thurmond, dl red bryant (huge loss..literally), dl clinton mcdonald, and dl chris clemons. They still have a great team do not get me wrong, but on paper, they do take a loss and all its going to take is an ACL tear from russell wilson or marshawn lynch and they will not produce like they have. Decent draft ftw
Originally posted by colinkaepernicks23:
Interesting picks by the sea-chickens taking wr Paul Richardson with their first 2nd round pick and taking ot Justin Britt with their second 2nd round pick. I honestly believe that the sea-chickens took a loss from the free agency signings. They lost: wr golden tate, ol paul mcquistan, ol breno giacomini, cb walter thurmond, dl red bryant (huge loss..literally), dl clinton mcdonald, and dl chris clemons. They still have a great team do not get me wrong, but on paper, they do take a loss and all its going to take is an ACL tear from russell wilson or marshawn lynch and they will not produce like they have. Decent draft ftw

i know theres an outlier or two (jeff hostetler in 1990) but for the most part any super bowl caliber team isnt going to win the super bowl with their starting qb and/or offensive center piece out for the year. whos know on their draft time will tell, but you can play the if so and so got hurt your team is done card with any team. we're done if kaepernick gets hurt.
The Hawks definitely have gotten worse this offseason
Then call me cuckoo
Sure seems to me that he and JS care only about continuing to improve their organization, not about what this reporter or that blogger thinks about their process.
I'd hazard a guess that anyone who's achieved their level of success has done so by concerning themselves with doing what they think is best regardless of what others think, not because of it.

Solid post here.
I would agree, the same thing happened back in the Sherman draft.
Bloggers/Analysts even made claims that Carroll might not be ready for the NFL judging his 2011 NFL draft.
i think both fan bases over analyze the others roster moves way too much. last offseason you could go on their threads and read about how losing goldson, sopoaga, jean-francois, walker among others was really going to hurt to us. we all knew we'd be fine. the only real question was replacing goldson which was done. i see similar stuff this year from our fan base towards them. claiming losing bryant, clemons, thurmond, browner etc is going to really hamper them. i dont see it, they're going to be in the mix again and if they dont make it as far next year i suspect it will be more about missing on a play or two like we did as opposed to being crippled by offseason departures. they want so bad for us to be bad again, and we want so bad for them to be bad again, but i just dont see it happening. its steelers-ravens all over again and at some point you've got to put down the bias and realize both teams are going to be around fighting for the division for a long time coming.
Originally posted by crabman82:
i think both fan bases over analyze the others roster moves way too much. last offseason you could go on their threads and read about how losing goldson, sopoaga, jean-francois, walker among others was really going to hurt to us. we all knew we'd be fine. the only real question was replacing goldson which was done. i see similar stuff this year from our fan base towards them. claiming losing bryant, clemons, thurmond, browner etc is going to really hamper them. i dont see it, they're going to be in the mix again and if they dont make it as far next year i suspect it will be more about missing on a play or two like we did as opposed to being crippled by offseason departures. they want so bad for us to be bad again, and we want so bad for them to be bad again, but i just dont see it happening. its steelers-ravens all over again and at some point you've got to put down the bias and realize both teams are going to be around fighting for the division for a long time coming.

Here's hoping

The NFL is going smaller and faster and playing in space more ... the NFC West is going bigger and heavier and playing inside more. It's a slug fest to get out of the West but the rest of the NFL isn't built to take the abuse of the new Black and Blue division.

Seattle's depth is under appreciated around the NFL, just like the 49ers.
Do not underestimate the rams though..Aaron Donald is a complete freakin savage when the helmet goes on. I hope out offensive line can carry the load against these tough defensive lineman from the rams, sea-chickens, and cardinals.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Then call me cuckoo

Solid post here.
I would agree, the same thing happened back in the Sherman draft.
Bloggers/Analysts even made claims that Carroll might not be ready for the NFL judging his 2011 NFL draft.
Except the post she is responding to said not a single word about bloggers and experts. It said they were trying to show the "LEAGUE" how smart they are, and Cheater Peter cares about what the rest the league thinks. It is plainly obvious.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Norwood was a nice pick

This. Norwood is being way underrated. I see him being the best player out of their draft class and he could be a replacement for Baldwin if they can't come to terms on a long term deal. In anycase, having Norwood out on the field worries me far more than them having Kearse.
We're better at retooling than the Seahawks...

People say Baalke inherited this roster... b******t... He was here... And he cont. to do it.. Look at our comp at position vs Seattle...

Niners enemy number 1... Scot McCoughlin... Yes he was a big part of our growth then he built the enemy.. That's my view...
Share 49ersWebzone