There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Grade the 49ers Entire Draft & UDFA Signings!

Grade the 49ers Entire Draft & UDFA Signings!

Ward, Hyde, Borland, Martin and Lynch will contribute THIS SEASON

I'm especially psyched we drafted Jimmie Ward, I was predicting we might grab him in the 2nd round, but I know Baalke didn't want to risk losing him , his stock definitely went up the days leading to the draft, he can contribute as a free safety and nickel back , the guy is a playmaker and will be a big help shutting down the top passing attacks in the league

Hyde is a beast, he will be an asset in the redzone, the guy runs with violence and tenacity, its going to be sweet watching him run over Seahawks and other division opponents , Ahhh I can already see Chancellor , Thomas and Sherman bouncing off his chest and hitting the ground in pain

Borland will hold down the fort until Bowman returns , he is a solid football player and will fit in nicely in Fangios scheme of things, I can see him taking time away from Wilhoite and Moody

and who knows with Martin , he could possibly fight for the starting job this season, a truly gifted offensive lineman, he could surpass Looney for playing time and get some time at center AND Guard

Lynch is an enigma, he could either be a bust and shown the door quickly , or he could develop into a terror as a pass rusher and be one of the steals of this years draft

Trey Millard and Dontae Johnson could also impress and make the roster ...I cant wait for Pre season
^^^^^^^^
Yes it should be one of the great pre seasons. So many players to watch out for.
I say we subtract the 3 injured players from this draft and add the 3 injured players from last years which makes this an a
Thomas, Reaser, Millard are going to red-shirt. Borland has some sort of shoulder issue so he could too though not likely. Lynch and Ramsey are very very raw and need a lot of work and both are candidates for red-shirt too though the reasons may have to be mildly fabricated.
Originally posted by Scoots:
Thomas, Reaser, Millard are going to red-shirt. Borland has some sort of shoulder issue so he could too though not likely. Lynch and Ramsey are very very raw and need a lot of work and both are candidates for red-shirt too though the reasons may have to be mildly fabricated.

Every time I read a post about this guy all I see is a slightly lest talented Bruce Irving. Lynch could end up being very effective but I question the guy's ability to think. Which can hurt... A LOT.
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by Scoots:

Every time I read a post about this guy all I see is a slightly lest talented Bruce Irving. Lynch could end up being very effective but I question the guy's ability to think. Which can hurt... A LOT.

Good comparison on the Bruce Irving, if he can do a 'check up from the neck up' as JH always says, he could develop into a Irving type player.
Anyone have a change of opinion at this point of the pre-season?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Anyone have a change of opinion at this point of the pre-season?

Not yet.