There are 207 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "I Was Wrong" Thread

Originally posted by solidg2000:
I was wrong in saying Moncrief wouldn't go before round 3. Then proceeding to argue my point for weeks before finally just ignoring his thread....

Oh wait I was right!!!! Lol

I was wrong in thinking one of my draft crushes would be around in the 6th round (Shaq Evans)

I was wrong about Matthews going in the 1st round too and then endlessly arguing about it in a thread that had nothing to do with him.

Oh wait, who dat?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM ]
I thought we'd find some competition for Kap. The front office/coaching staff always talks up the importance of competition, but fail to do it at the most important position especially when they seemingly did it at every other position.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I thought we'd find some competition for Kap. The front office/coaching staff always talks up the importance of competition, but fail to do it at the most important position especially when they seemingly did it at every other position.

I can agree partially. I just feel backup QB is kind of a need for us. Why not get someone to groom just in case Kaep does get hurt? We could have drafted a better prospect than Gabbert(damaged goods) i feel and groom him early. If Kaep comes out and turns super star we have a solid back-up plan. If Kaep comes out and sucks ass(which he won't) or get's injured, then what?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was wrong about Matthews going in the 1st round too and then endlessly arguing about it in a thread that had nothing to do with him.

Oh wait, who dat?

I never said he was going in the first
If you look at my mock drafts I had him around 40
Matthews went 42
Moncrief went 90th overall near the end of the 3rd round.
The thread talked about us considering him as a 1st rounder because no way he makes it to our 2nd round pick....

Who was right, and who was wrong?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I never said he was going in the first
If you look at my mock drafts I had him around 40
Matthews went 42
Moncrief went 90th overall near the end of the 3rd round.
The thread talked about us considering him as a 1st rounder because no way he makes it to our 2nd round pick....

Who was right, and who was wrong?

You were right on Moncrief, although to be fair I always had him as a late 2nd rounder in my mocks and never saw him as a 1st rounder.

You were wrong on Matthews as a 1st rounder.
I'll admit it, I laughed at a cpl ppl suggesting we'd take a RB in the 2nd round. It happened and combined with us getting our nickle CB in the 1st round and a very good WR in Stevie Johnson I like the move. My name is matt49er and I was wrong.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

I can agree partially. I just feel backup QB is kind of a need for us. Why not get someone to groom just in case Kaep does get hurt? We could have drafted a better prospect than Gabbert(damaged goods) i feel and groom him early. If Kaep comes out and turns super star we have a solid back-up plan. If Kaep comes out and sucks ass(which he won't) or get's injured, then what?
I truly think that Harbaugh is high on Gabbert. Sounds weird saying it but I really do, he thinks he can turn Gabbert into Alex Smith 2.0 it didn't take him any time really to get Alex playing well and I not only think that JH believes he can do it again, I believe it myself.
I thought Kony Ealy would go earlier
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
I thought Kony Ealy would go earlier

Kony 2012
I was wrong thinking Louis Nix would be a 1-2 round pick.
Turns out thats not the case
I also did not believe we would take a running back in the 2nd.
Well I knew what ever I thought the niners were going to be do was going to be wrong and I was right
Originally posted by WildBill:
Well I knew what ever I thought the niners were going to be do was going to be wrong and I was right

!!! Maybe we should rename this thread I would have been right but Baalke got it wrong!!
I was wrong to think...
i was wrong on a lot of things save for martavis bryant :p