LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

The "I Was Wrong" Thread

Originally posted by solidg2000:
I was wrong in saying Moncrief wouldn't go before round 3. Then proceeding to argue my point for weeks before finally just ignoring his thread....

Oh wait I was right!!!! Lol

I was wrong in thinking one of my draft crushes would be around in the 6th round (Shaq Evans)

I was wrong about Matthews going in the 1st round too and then endlessly arguing about it in a thread that had nothing to do with him.

Oh wait, who dat?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM ]
I thought we'd find some competition for Kap. The front office/coaching staff always talks up the importance of competition, but fail to do it at the most important position especially when they seemingly did it at every other position.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I thought we'd find some competition for Kap. The front office/coaching staff always talks up the importance of competition, but fail to do it at the most important position especially when they seemingly did it at every other position.

I can agree partially. I just feel backup QB is kind of a need for us. Why not get someone to groom just in case Kaep does get hurt? We could have drafted a better prospect than Gabbert(damaged goods) i feel and groom him early. If Kaep comes out and turns super star we have a solid back-up plan. If Kaep comes out and sucks ass(which he won't) or get's injured, then what?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was wrong about Matthews going in the 1st round too and then endlessly arguing about it in a thread that had nothing to do with him.

Oh wait, who dat?

I never said he was going in the first
If you look at my mock drafts I had him around 40
Matthews went 42
Moncrief went 90th overall near the end of the 3rd round.
The thread talked about us considering him as a 1st rounder because no way he makes it to our 2nd round pick....

Who was right, and who was wrong?
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I never said he was going in the first
If you look at my mock drafts I had him around 40
Matthews went 42
Moncrief went 90th overall near the end of the 3rd round.
The thread talked about us considering him as a 1st rounder because no way he makes it to our 2nd round pick....

Who was right, and who was wrong?

You were right on Moncrief, although to be fair I always had him as a late 2nd rounder in my mocks and never saw him as a 1st rounder.

You were wrong on Matthews as a 1st rounder.
I'll admit it, I laughed at a cpl ppl suggesting we'd take a RB in the 2nd round. It happened and combined with us getting our nickle CB in the 1st round and a very good WR in Stevie Johnson I like the move. My name is matt49er and I was wrong.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

I can agree partially. I just feel backup QB is kind of a need for us. Why not get someone to groom just in case Kaep does get hurt? We could have drafted a better prospect than Gabbert(damaged goods) i feel and groom him early. If Kaep comes out and turns super star we have a solid back-up plan. If Kaep comes out and sucks ass(which he won't) or get's injured, then what?
I truly think that Harbaugh is high on Gabbert. Sounds weird saying it but I really do, he thinks he can turn Gabbert into Alex Smith 2.0 it didn't take him any time really to get Alex playing well and I not only think that JH believes he can do it again, I believe it myself.
I thought Kony Ealy would go earlier
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zachary:
I thought Kony Ealy would go earlier

Kony 2012
I was wrong thinking Louis Nix would be a 1-2 round pick.
Turns out thats not the case

I also did not believe we would take a running back in the 2nd.
Well I knew what ever I thought the niners were going to be do was going to be wrong and I was right
Originally posted by WildBill:
Well I knew what ever I thought the niners were going to be do was going to be wrong and I was right

!!! Maybe we should rename this thread I would have been right but Baalke got it wrong!!
I was wrong to think...
i was wrong on a lot of things save for martavis bryant :p
Share 49ersWebzone