LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

The "I Was Wrong" Thread

Feel free to add yours if you like.

I was wrong about Jarvis Landry. He was drafted WAY higher than I thought he would be. I still don't think he'll be very good (I always said he was an NFL-caliber receiver; just not a good one), but I was wrong about how highly the NFL would regard him.

Wrathman, this is for you:

I think he will be a good slot WR but should have been a 3rd rd pick.

I never thought Easley would be a 1st rd draft pick. I thought he was a reach late 2nd rd. This is his 2nd major injury he is trying to come back from. I can't believe the Pats didn't move back 10 slots and get an extra pick and try to get him there. Most of the teams drafting early would want to draft a redshirt player anyway with an early 2nd rd pick.
I was wrong in thinking that the 49ers needed to draft a WR or CB in the 1st 3 rounds.

Baalke pulled a shrewd move and traded for a WR.

I was wrong in thinking CB was such a dire need, when it was addressed in free agency, returning injured players and mid round picks.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Feel free to add yours if you like.

I was wrong about Jarvis Landry. He was drafted WAY higher than I thought he would be. I still don't think he'll be very good (I always said he was an NFL-caliber receiver; just not a good one), but I was wrong about how highly the NFL would regard him.

Wrathman, this is for you:

I think Landry is a better pure receiver than OBJ....... in the mold of Boldin... a leader like him too....
Landry was my draft crush. Absolute baller. I thought he went where he should given his lack of timed speed. But I honestly believe he's one of the top 32 players in the draft. Teams will look back and say "damn, should have taken him in the 1st". Ridiculous some places had him ranked as a 4th rounder.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Thought we'd get two CBs and two WRs by the 4th round. Also thought David Fales would be gone by the 4th or sooner
I was wrong about Lache Seastrunk. Thought he would go much higher than he did. Very explosive athlete, but no pass catching production and liability in pass pro dropped him to the 6th round.
I was wrong about Spencer Long and Brandon Thomas falling way down the boards due to their injuries. Apparently its not as big of a deal for offensive linemen. Both went a lot higher than I expected.

I was wrong about expecting the 49ers to take a WR early. I supported drafting a slot corner type player in the 1st for a long time but had a feeling that they would end up taking a guy like Cooks ultimately and they didn't.

I was wrong about Craig Loston, I figured he'd be an early 5th rounder at worst, but he went undrafted which was shocking to me.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I was wrong in thinking Baalki knew wtf he was doing. Clearly, he does not.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I was wrong in thinking Baalki knew wtf he was doing. Clearly, he does not.

There's an "End of Watch" marathon on TNT, go check it out hater.

In all seriousness this was a great f**king draft, like Andrew Brandt said, the 49ers scouting staff and management get it.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 10, 2014 at 10:08 PM ]

Didn't say it outloud...but didn't think we would go RB again. Hopefully we can leave the position alone for a few years now.
I was wrong thinking we'd trade up and only have 5-7 picks
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I was wrong in thinking we were going to draft less than 87 players....
I was wrong in saying Moncrief wouldn't go before round 3. Then proceeding to argue my point for weeks before finally just ignoring his thread....

Oh wait I was right!!!! Lol

I was wrong in thinking one of my draft crushes would be around in the 6th round (Shaq Evans)
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Didn't say it outloud...but didn't think we would go RB again. Hopefully we can leave the position alone for a few years now.

Biggest turnover of any position

That don't make sense
Share 49ersWebzone